Adam Kraut Takes a Third Run at an NRA Board Seat

My good friend and a strong defender of the Second Amendment is throwing his hat into the ring for a third time. Adam Kraut has announced that he’s running again for an NRA Board of Directors seat.

For those who don’t know him, Adam is a lawyer and former gun store manager who deals exclusively with firearms-related cases. He’s has taken on numerous cases at the state and federal levels to fight for gun rights.

The NRA has opposed Kraut’s candidacy in the past. Why, you may ask? Adam is viewed was the threat by the NRA establishment and he has shined a light on issues plaguing the largest pro-gun organization in the country. Kraut begs to differ.

The establishment considers Kraut and constitutional gun right supporters like you and me the fringe of its membership when in truth, the ballot numbers tell a far different story. In 2017, the first time Adam ran, he got 62,400 votes and fell short of a seat by 5,506 votes. In 2018, he received 67,118 votes and fell short by just 3,817.

Notably, Adam obtained over 2,000 more votes than Grover Norquist and Robert Wos, and over 4,000 more votes than Herbert Lanford, all of whom were seeking reelection.

As Adam told me,

Case in point, last year in an article published on this very website, Marion Hammer branded me, along with those who support me, as “The Enemy Within.” That’s right, she called 67,118 of you “The Enemy Within,” which is a rather bold statement to make against over HALF of the number of members who cast eligible ballots.

Yes, it is true, I even handwrote stickers for the NRA Annual Meeting which said: “Hello, My Name is The Enemy Within.” Apparently, the personification of “The Enemy Within” was lost upon a number of people. There was a clear attempt to label people who chose to wear a sticker as disrupters, rather than fellow members who hold a different view on the issues.

Last I checked, we were all members of the same organization, with just a different take on the direction it should be heading. As I’ve stated in the past, I pledge to remain accessible to the Members, as I have throughout my candidacy. The NRA is YOUR organization. If you’re unhappy with the direction it is heading, vote for Board Members who reflect your values. To ensure the Board can take action on issues you see, be sure to send your concerns directly to the Board rather than staff at the NRA HQ.

Adam Kraut’s hard work and dedication to defending gun rights is second to none. He’s shed light on the establishment within the board and shown that some of their loudest are also their most absent.

Kraut needs 651 valid signatures to be placed back on the ballot. He’d like these back by September 25th at the latest, the sooner, the better. You can download the petition packet or visit his website, AdamKraut.com. To sign the petition, you have to be a NRA Life Member or a voting-eligible member (five years or more in membership with no breaks).

comments

1. avatar Nanashi says:

Hope he wins. We need people who will remove Wayne LaPierre Laval and Chris Cox.

2. avatar dwb says:

NRA needs more people who question the establishment. Personally I think the NRA has been very complacent over the last 2 years thinking Trump would be our savior. Instead Trump’s turned into bump-stock-banner and get-all-the-guns-without-due-process Cheerleader in Chief marching Republicans off the gun grabbing cliff.

1. avatar Raoul Duke says:

Yet he hasn’t done anything in regards to what you talked about.

If you haven’t figured it out by now he is smoke and mirrors. Says he is going to do one thing then doesn’t and moves on to something else.

What executive orders have come about from his statements? Six months ago and still nothing.

1. avatar Adam says:

The main problem is that the “pro-gun” party has done nothing for us despite being in total control for 2 years. And it’s not like they are getting anything else done in the meantime. No Obamacare repeal, no lowering of spending to NATO, misses on basically all of Trump’s campaign promises. We got a tax break (by we I mean rich people) but outside of that the Republican party has no agenda outside of “maintain power”.

You would think that in two years they would have at least thrown us some red meat, a suppressor bill or something, but as I said above, the Republican party has no agenda and they don’t care about us cause they know we will always be a solid voting bloc for them.

3. avatar Chris T in KY says:

Seeing President Trump being treated the way he is by the establishment and the Deep State, Adam Kraut has a rocky road ahead if he is elected. And I hope he is elected.

4. avatar rosignol says:

Give me a reason to vote for the guy that is more significant than “He almost got enough votes last time” and “he promises to go to the meetings”.

How about some details on “He’s has taken on numerous cases at the state and federal levels to fight for gun rights.“. What were the cases? What were the rulings?

1. avatar Nanashi says:

The link in the article goes to his page with his list of reasons. Here’s the one that matters:
      “If you elect me to the board, you can rest assured you have a friend who believes that NFA firearms (including machine guns) are guaranteed to the people in the Second Amendment.”

1. avatar Chris T in KY says:

As far as I know he is the only one who is willing to say that, and who is not a rich current machine gun owner.

1. avatar Bearpaw says:

Gee, if the bar was any lower You’d need a shovel to miss it. I like machine guns.. guess I’ll run for the set too. I’m pretty sure The NRA stands for nothing more than national rifle association. Well now with the bar in my rear view mirror, please write me in on the ballot.

2. avatar Chris T from KY says:

Bearpaw
          I know the words “machine gun” and “bump stock” or “borfors” cause FUDD’s to clutch their pearls and fear. But I have to say the second amendment has nothing to do with hunting deer. In fact the word “gun” doesn’t appear in the text of the second amendment.

5. avatar neiowa says:

Yes because ANY organization needs more lawyers on it’s board.

“taken on numerous cases at the state and federal levels to fight for gun rights” Some typical lawyer weasel words as out of the mouth of a Senator Upchuck Schemer.
    How many is “numerous”? what were these numerous cases? was he paid?
    List the cases.

1. avatar BradP says:

Go read his website, which is linked, and find out for yourself there smart guy. Sounds like you believe Hammer is the type of representation we need.

2. avatar barnbwt says:

Do some research, ya Fudd. Kraut’s credentials are beyond controversy, which is a hell of a lot more than can be said for the guys being endorsed against him by the traitors in Florida.

1. avatar Felixd says:

So, if you disagree you’re a Fudd? This is the same tactic used by the left. If your candidate is good provide the reasons to vote for him and stop using derogatory names.

1. avatar barnbwt says:

Yes, if you don’t know who Adam Kraut is you’re probably a Fudd. There, I said it.

6. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Life member here, since the early ‘90’s.
    He’ll get my vote.

7. avatar Get them Adam says:

The NRA ran off Adams conservative base of support. They joined GOA. I wish him luck, but the NRA is dominated by Fudds in its leadership.

1. avatar barnbwt says:

Maybe, maybe not; this year’s election results displaced four old-timers with young blood that are much less Fudd-ey. Not the atom-bomb sea-change that Kraut represents, but a step in the right direction.

Even the death of R. Lee Ermey was a step in the right direction, given his lukewarm stance on civilian ownership of firearms. The instant that the likes of Hammer and LaPierre lose the ability to credibly threaten the board of directors with electoral defeat…I think we’ll see changes occur quite rapidly, starting with them.

8. avatar Green Mtn. Boy says:

He has my vote again and again and now a third time,third times the charm.
    Negotiating Rights Away’s swamp is in need of some serious draining of it’s scum,starting at the top with Mr Stand and Capitulate LaPierre.

9. avatar Removed_Californian says:

I think I’m only at year 4 on my membership but I’ll look into it. If I can vote I’ll definitely put Mr. Kraut on my ballot.

10. avatar Missouri_Mule says:

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and Adam Kraut.
    Hell, yes will vote for him again!

11. avatar barnbwt says:

It sucks, since I have to be at a booth on business, but I’d love to be able to conduct exit-polls as a way to independently verify the ballot results. This years’ results were beyond strange; the whole show was abuzz with Adam’s campaign, buttons, T-shirts, stickers, and kind words were everywhere (as was Adam himself, pressing flesh)…yet he got fewer votes this year than last, and some faceless former board member who got very few votes last year –but was endorsed by Hammer against Adam in her infamous op-ed this year– defeated him by only a handful of votes…whereas last year’s equally-obscure winner was soundly defeated. Remember, at least dozens of people bought life memberships simply so they could vote for Adam, to say nothing of the groundswell of support he got from existing members during the nomination & election process.

Quite the impressive electoral turnout for the guy who didn’t even have a Youtube channel or a record of doing anything to earn such support from NRA members. Just an endorsement from the old bat in Florida in an obscure op-ed titled, The Enemy Within. Go on, Google Herbert A Lanford for yourselves, then do a search for Adam Kraut, and ask yourselves if it makes sense he lost to him by 70 votes. That’s 10 fewer votes than last year’s defeat, btw.

Adam will deny there was anything suspicious afoot –that’s cool, no need to enrage LaPierre or Hammer more than they already are– but there needs to be an independent audit or validation of the election results. Leaders that refer to diligent members as “the enemy within” and who for years posted “do not vote for” lists in order to purge Knox’s hard liners, CANNOT be trusted to hold a free and fair election for their own offices. There is no legal, civil, or internal consequence for them simply rigging the NRA ballot, even if they were caught; therefore, it must be happening already.

12. avatar Sora says:

I’m about to hit five. I’ve been waiting to vote for Adam.
    I don’t go for life because I like to keep NRA on short leash.

13. avatar Toni says:

several times I have thought about joining the NRA and I am not even American. From what i have heard of Adam Kraut I would vote for him. Hammer I would vote against on principle due to some of the things she has said of any who stand against her. She has some of the hallmarks of a tyrant.

14. avatar BradP says:

A lot of you are missing the point of this article, as usual. As of now, Adam is NOT on the ballot. His nomination was turned down by the NRA Nominating Committee, again, so the only way to get his name on the ballot is by a petition of members.

Please take 5 minutes out of your busy internet life, print out the petition, fill it out, and send it in. Adam still needs about 400 valid petitioners to get his name on the ballot.

Thank you.

15. avatar Steven says:

Life member here who believes the NRA has caved on several occasions to appease those who wish to infringe upon the Second Amendment. Sure, throw full auto under the bus. Bump stocks, phhhttt. It is like a trade off where the NRA says, “will give you that, but we keep this”. We need board members would believe that the Second Amendment shall not be infringed and is will to push this process through to the Supreme Court. Adam and others with the same mindset will have my vote.

16. avatar HP says:

Endowment Lifer here. I “bullet voted” for Adam Kraut, and that’s the way I’ll do it again. I’d encourage all other voting members to do it as well.

1. avatar Big E says:

Me too and me too.

To others, stop whining that the NRA isn’t what you want and Effing DO SOMETHING about it. Sheesh. There is no need to continually bleat about how flawed the NRA and how smart you are. Again, act don’t comment.