The Army Said No Thanks: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Craig in Pennsylvania carries an M9A3, the gun Beretta modernized for the Army’s Modular Handgun System contract competition. He says “I loved my MPA3 but the long threaded barrel made it a little bit less than comfortable. I was able to pick up another M9 barrel and have it cut and crowned to Elite II length which makes it much easier to carry without sacrificing the factory barrel.”

comments

1. avatar anonymoose says:

No thx.

2. avatar el Possum Guapo Herr Standartenfuher "they think we're making pizza's" Oberst von Burn says:

Nice looking outfit. I broke my butterfly knife throwing it at my son’s foot, it hit the sidewalk and the tip busted off.

1. avatar Maverick says:

Yeah, Ahhh UMMmm… I’ve got to ask…. Why are You throwing a knife at your son’s foot????

1. avatar jwm says:

You’re new around here, aren’t you. Nobody pays attention to his rantings.

1. avatar Maverick says:

Hey jwm, LOL Okay, Thanks for the Heads UP. (^_^)

3. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

That’s a good looking beretta.

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

It’s amazing how much difference just taking off the barrel nubbin makes.

2. avatar Craig Wildfeuer says:

Thank you sir. I was pretty happy how it came out. The flush barrel does make it look so much better.

4. avatar Hannibal says:

three knives
    1 pen
    no paper

don’t get me wrong, I think ‘tactical notepads’ are absurd, but this is kinda weird too.

1. avatar Terry L Tyson Jr says:

Tactical Notepads? I gotta get me one of those! 😉

2. avatar Craig Wildfeuer says:

Generally I am at my desk where I have a lot of Post-Its. The notepad generally stays in my laptop bag unless I need it.

5. avatar Jean-Claude says:

Another keyboard warrior. There is no way he carries all that stuff every time he leaves his home every day.

It’s “EVERYDAY CARRY”, not my “flexing for the ‘gram Threeper carry”.

If it’s too big and too much of a PITA, it stays home.

A Kahr CM9 in your waistband beats an M9 at home.

Carrying a giant duty gun every day. Suuuuuuure……

1. avatar JD says:

You know there ARE some people that carry full size guns every day. I carry a Glock 17 concealed everyday. Why? because I can. Appendix carried I carry in a T-shirt. Just because you don’t or can’t doesnt mean no one does.

1. avatar GDMF says:

Agreed – I carry a G19 with a Surefire X300 appendix every day in business casual attire. I also carry a spare mag, pepper spray and a pocket medkit in addition to the normal things: keys, wallet, etc.

This notion that the only guns that really get carried are subcompacts (i.e. backup guns) is absurd. Full-size and compact guns *can* be carried by most with the right holster, belt, and attention to dress.

Most folks who carry, though, are just … *lazy* … and think they’ll never need to use that gun anyway.

1. avatar Maverick says:

Well said guys… myself, From 1 week to the next, I carry a Colt SS Commander IN .45acp. approx. 80% of the time and a 4.5″ XDM IN 9mm the other % of time.. Then, some weeks and or days, Rolls are reversed.

2. avatar Jeff says:

I routinely carry a Sig P226 in .40 S&W. What’s the problem?

3. avatar Craig Wildfeuer says:

Well Jean-Claude, at 6’3″ and about 260lbs, a duty sized pistol is relatively easy for me to carry and conceal. Like GDMF said, the right belt and holster makes all the difference. And how it’s carried doesn’t hurt either. In my case, with this M9, it’s AIWB, as is the same with my M&P 2.0. If all you can carry comfortably is a G43, or a Shield, then more power to you. I find it easier to carry something this size.

6. avatar Queens says:

I rotate two guns: a 92A1 in a Wilson Combat holster and a Walther PPQ 9 in a TT Gunleather convertible.

7. avatar Sgt of Marines says:

Sig P320 carry 17rds, spare 17rd mag, Cold Steel drop point folder, blank 8.5×11 sheet of paper and a ball point pen likely lifted from a doctor’s office or Kryptic Worx who ceramic coated my car.

8. avatar Jon says:

Would be nice if everything was itemized so I could see what each item and brand name/model it is.

1. avatar NM says:

Click the pic… it is a link to a post on the Every Day Carry website that shows more info about each item as supplied by the original poster 😉

9. avatar bob says:

I like the mag holder, but also feel I’d lose a lot of rounds through the day.

1. avatar Craig Wildfeuer says:

Why? I have been using a NeoMag for about 3 years and never had a problem like that.