Taurus EDC: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

This submission is a bit grainy but still worth a look. Gun owner with the user name of Deangelo Jeremitrius Vickers says he carries his Taurus PT111 Millenium G2 9mm in an Alien Gear Cloak OWB. The Millenium G2 is a fairly recent addition to the Taurus line; I ran this model a few weeks ago at 10 yards on steel, timed, and was pleased when it proved itself to be surprisingly accurate.

comments

1. avatar rc says:

That’s my sports carry gun….use it when I’m bicycling. Doesn’t get much respect from some quarters, but an excellent pistol at it’s price point. Very happy with it.

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

I have owned two Taurus semi-automatic pistols and both were extremely reliable. I would purchase them again without any reservations whatsoever.

2. avatar el Possum Guapo Herr Standartenfuher they think we're making pizza'Oberst von Burn says:

My youngest son had a 24/7 I think it was, double stack .45 I liked it, plenty accurate and ate what we fed it. For a .45 it was pretty small, I liked it.

3. avatar David says:

I dont have any experience with the gun, but I’ve been carrying a gov’t 1911 in an Alien Gear iwb (the 3.5 version of whatever the standard iwb is, not the modular series) for a few months. Super comfortable and carrys well, but it keeps dropping the screws that hold the shell onto the backing. I have them as tight as I can while not binding the draw, and have applied two coats of locktite to them, but today again it dropped a screw and washer down my pant leg while I was walking around my house. I got that specific holster because I wanted a tuckable iwb, the neoprene/spring steel backing seemed cool, and the price was right, but I will be upgrading to (probably) a crossbreed supertuck soon.

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

David,

Those screws should not be backing out after you applied LocTite.

Perhaps there was petroleum residue in the t-nuts which prohibited the LocTite from working? If so, rinsing those t-nuts with an appropriate solvent/s and re-applying LocTite may do the trick.

2. avatar Bitter says:

Move on if you must but remember, Alien Gear offers a forever warranty, get your crossbreed and then send your alien gear in to get fixed. Then you’ve got two great holsters!

4. avatar Ken says:

I’ve had the same Taurus for a couple of years. It’s been 100% reliable and it is accurate. Best $200 gun I have ever bought.

5. avatar Destroyer of Worlds says:

That is a Taurus G2C.

6. avatar former water walker says:

Same gun without a lock-and a pathetic 1 year warranty. I have a 111g2 and it’s fine for what it is.