Carry Optics: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

State corrections officer CR Moore has a unique pocket dump. He has current trends covered with the carry optic on his SIG P320 and classics with his North American Arms .22 Magnum mini revolver.

comments

1. avatar Free Texas says:

I agree. It’s unique. Heh.

2. avatar Cloudbuster says:

Do any of these carry optics know how to turn themselves on when you draw in an emergency self-defense situation?

1. avatar Nobody says:

I’m not sure about that Sig optic that appears awkwardly mounted, but a Trijicon RMR stays on for years on one battery. Also good idea to have co witness iron sights.

2. avatar Rhodes says:

Sig red dots are motion activated.

1. avatar Forward Assist says:

The Leupold DeltaPoint Pro has an auto-on setting.

I’ve got both the Leuo and a Trij RMR. Both are great but to carry one for EDC requires either an over-eager imagination or a unique and specific situation. I’d guess the former with the two recent red dot EDCs.

3. avatar Geoff "Mess with the Bull, get the Horns" PR says:

What is the ‘Hot Tamale’ in the upper left corner?

A holster for the NAA-Mini?

Points given for the NAA-mini…

1. avatar TheStoic says:

Belt carried coin purse/black jack from Mean Gene Leather.

2. avatar Mm says:

Probably badge/belt clip.

4. avatar Hannibal says:

The sunglasses, the paracord on everything, the knife… somehow, if I were a corrections officer, I would try and AVOID broadcasting LE affiliation but this guy seems to want everyone to think “there goes someone in law enforcement.”

5. avatar Douglas L Rowell II says:

Love that happy slapper

6. avatar 19D says:

Lol…optics for a concealed carry gun? That’s dumb, it’s the newest gun fad. Learn proper sight usage and you will not have to dish out 200-500.00 on an optic for your carry gun.

7. avatar JD says:

That thing mounted to the sig is ass. No back up iron sights is fool hardy. Especially when it’s a cheap one like that.

8. avatar Docduracoat says:

I don’t get red dots on a pistol.
    Crimson Trace lasers are activated when you grip the gun.
    They add no bulk to the gun.
    A laser allows you to shoot (and hit!) without bringing the gun up to eye level.
    A laser allows shooting from unusual positions like from behind cover without exposing yourself.
    I have red dots on my rifles as I can’t see the laser past 50 feet in sunlight
    For a pistol 50 feet is plenty far
    Can anyone explain why you would choose a dot over grip activated laser?