A .380 Pistol and a Fidget Spinner: Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

This pocket dump includes a bike chain fidget spinner and a Leatherman Tread bracelet, the latter of which is designed for use as a multi-tool. The Smith and Wesson Bodyguard in .380 ACP is a DAO with a 6 +1 capacity.

comments

1. avatar Wth says:

I can’t identify a lot of this crap.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Sounds like a “you” problem.

[Especially since you can go to the EDC website via the provided link and it will identify the stuff for you and,. in most cases, take you directly to the website that sells it.]

1. avatar Wth says:

Oh, well allow me to rephrase for the challenged among us:

“I don’t understand why someone would carry toys around with them every day, especially when they apparently don’t have room for a spare mag.”

I definitely don’t want to follow links to buy any of this stuff.

2. avatar Geoff "Mess with the Bull, get the Horns" PR says:

Oh, I am digging that ball-bearing bicycle derailleur pulley fidget spinner.

And I’ve got a NIB Shimano ball-bearing mech pulley and a scrap of chain to build me one.

I’ve been using it as a very compact improvised fidget spinner, but it has no spinning ‘sustain’.

I’m just a bit pissed I didn’t think of it myself…

1. avatar strych9 says:

I’ve never really gotten the fidget spinner thing. I just use a pen. When I get really bored I look up new pen tricks to add to my repertoire.

It’s kinda like Zippo tricks but without the noise. That way I can do it in class without annoying people. It only distracts those sitting right next to me since they often watch me switch from one “trick” to another and wonder how I’m doing it. (Like poker chip tricks distract other players at the table.)

2. avatar SouthAl says:

I don’t get the fidget spinner thing either. To each his own, but I think that is really some ninja throwing thing incognito.

3. avatar Cz Rider says:

No extra mags? Does he just fire seven and throw the rest?…

1. avatar SouthAl says:

Fits my ninja theory above.

2. avatar B.D. says:

that’s what the fidget spinner is for, take your mind off death.

I am actually surprised that there are no headphones present either.

4. avatar Stinkeye says:

A pocket full of loose .380 rounds? What, do you hand them out as tips to doormen and drop ’em in beggars’ cups?

1. avatar jwm says:

During the ammo drought a pocket full of .380’s could get you a long way.

“A .380 Pistol and a Fidget Spinner”

Fine, but which one is more deadly?

6. avatar el Possum Guapo Herr Standartenfuher "they think we're making pizza"'Oberst von Burn says:

That’s a cool Zippo, I haven’t seen one like dat

7. avatar The Rookie says:

Fidget spinners are okay, but I prefer a pair of steel marbles. They help me focus and use geometric logic to figure out who stole my strawberries.

8. avatar A Brit in TX says:

I have a Bodyguard .380 (without the laser though) and like it. Fits easily in a pocket (in a sticky holster), is very compact but still has the feel of a ‘real’ gun & is cheap enough that I don’t care about any scuffs and scratches.

The DAO trigger pull is of course a little longer and heavier than I would like, however, it has smoothed out a little over time. At the range, it seems more accurate to pull the trigger quickly than the more traditional ‘squeeze’, perhaps that’s beneficial when shooting under stress?

As to whether .380ACP is enough, well, I’m sure there are better calibers but I will go with ‘adequate’. I have done a bunch of research (primarily ShootingTheBull410) and it seems anything loaded with the XTP bullet seems to perform ok. One might feel outgunned when confronting a whole posse but for the average day-to-day need would seem fine.

My 02c worth and I’m sticking to it!

1. avatar ToddR says:

I use the .380 BG for a Summer-time EDC when I’m wearing athletic shorts.
      I installed a belt-clip along the right side of the lower and it stays put IWB on my right hip. That little clip took about 8 minutes to install and was well-worth the $25 I paid for it.

9. avatar Jonndoe says:

So If I’m counting right he carry’s 6 spare mags one In the pipe and one loose round , assuming he couldn’t fit all six mags and everything else Into the photo In one go.

1. avatar A Brit in TX says:

It looks like he/she carries 38 spare rounds balanced upon an empty cellphone case. While perhaps cheaper than 6 magazines, I would suggest that the disadvantages somewhat outweigh the advantages!

10. avatar raptor jesus says:

That is a hateful little gun to shoot. I see no reason to pick it up over the P238 other than price.

1. avatar jimmy james says:

Mine shoots great. I have big hands and no problems with it at all and it’s incredibly accurate and reliable. I’ve had to send every Sig I ever bought back to Sig to get it to run except for my P250.