The Black Eyed Peas Release School Shooting Music Video to Support Gun Control

And another entertainer — in this case a band — has come out in support of gun control. The Black Eyed Peas have released a video for their new song, ‘Big Love’ which graphically depicts a school shooting. Even better, the band as announced that all proceeds from the song with go to support the AstroTurfed anti-gun operation, March for Our Lives.

Here are the song’s lyrics:

[Verse 1: will.i.am]
A day in a life of a kid in America
Everyone’s a critic, watch them criticize your character
Everybody watching ya
People love to stare at ya
Everybody’s greedy ain’t nobody tryna share with ya
Our leaders are embarrassing
I think they need some parenting
Tell me why they playing with the fire and the kerosene?
Kids on the Percocet, trippin’ on the medicine
Call it like I see ya wit’ some drugged up Americans
Everybody’s following
Ain’t nobody leading
People lovin’ guns more than cases and season
And they say the reason is to protect their freedom
But we don’t believe ’em

That’s all that we are
That’s all that we are
Is big, big love
Is big, big love

[Verse 2: Taboo]
When I was a young boy
Used to hear the people say
Power to the people but we them people nowadays
We ain’t never giving up
Now we got our hands up
We can’t be, cause their hearts ain’t big enough
All we need is just us, hate got ya guessing
War is the answer but really, what’s the question?
Money got ’em stressin’
Fear got ’em flexin’
Phones got our zone down
Now we lose connection, please stand by
It takes you and I to keep the hope alive
‘Cause we’re living in a time where you’re fighting to survive
And all we need is love

If that isn’t deep, we don’t know what is.

comments

1. avatar Ed Schrade says:

Un-impressed little snowflakes.

1. avatar Anonymous says:

Out of the 27 highest profile school shooters – 26 of them had no father in their life. The black eyed peas should be advocating for responsible parenting.

1. avatar CC says:

The band members have worked in studio and concerts, for all intents and purposes, employed, gun criminals. people who have actually harmed people with guns. They are profound hypocrites.

2. avatar Brandon says:

I assume in addition to their mere words, they are going to be ensuring all their bodyguards for both themselves and their events and their gated communities are firearm free…

3. avatar JimBobbington says:

I think Pearl Jam beat them to the punch by a couple decades.

1. avatar Geoff "Mess with the Bull, get the Horns" PR says:

This is 20 years too late. It would have had an impact in the 80s, when kids actually watched music videos.

Nowadays, who the hell watches music videos?

4. avatar jwm says:

Who? And not The Who.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

And certainly not The Guess Who.

I used to like the Blak Eyed Peas. Not so much now.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Yeah, that did it for me!

5. I never listened to the Black Eyed Peas before. I’m not listening to them twice as much now.

6. avatar Sua Sponte says:

Just unbelievable…..The Black Eyed Peas are still around?….Really?…Huh….Who knew?…Then again, who cared?…..No worries, I’m sure they’re just as horrible as they ever were..

1. avatar Mister Fleas says:

Oh, they are has beens. They are just trying to restart their dying careers.

1. avatar neiowa says:

They are aspiring to work back up to the Injun Casino circuit?

7. avatar ‘liljoe says:

Fergietaboutit!

See if I ever go to their concert or buy their music again… if you want to play politics be prepared to lose listeners.

8. avatar How_Terrible says:

The Black Eyed Peas are still a thing???

9. avatar former water walker says:

Just trying for some press…and HERE it is. Thanks TTAG…😦

10. avatar Alex Waits says:

LoL.

11. avatar Kroglikepie says:

Strictly speaking, ‘ya’ does not rhyme with ‘ya’…

1. avatar Scoutino says:

That’s example of an absolute rhyme. According to Czech genius Jaroslav Cimrman, regular rhymes are not enough, listener deserves total rhymes. This can be achieved only by repeating the same word. 🙂

12. avatar Ing says:

The Black Eyed Peas suck. That is all.

13. avatar MrBob says:

More like The Black Eyed Poos.

14. avatar TrueBornSonofLiberty says:

Black eyed peas? Never tried em. What do they taste like?

1. avatar anonymoose says:

Delicious with some hot sauce.

2. avatar Dan in Detroit says:

Terrible, especially if we’re talking about fergie.
      When she got a huge wet spot in her crotch on stage, people accused her of peeing her pants. In defense of herself, she stated that it wasn’t pee, she just sweats a lot down there.

1. Got monkey butt? Get Anti-Monkey Butt!

15. avatar anonymoose says:

The lyrics don’t even make sense. It’s all fluff and double negatives.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

They make sense if you are a junior high drop out.

Your statement reminds me of an episode of Star Trek when Spock says “sir, I believe you are employing a double negative” and the bad guy says “Huh?”

2. avatar Jack says:

It’s for the wiggers. Whiter than snow but they cool cuz’ they live the street. Knowhatamsayin blood?

16. avatar Michael says:

For rebuttal, spool up Cheryl Wheelers’, “Don’t forget the guns.” She “claims” it’s a
    satire. I think that’s just for protection from the progressives. Either way it does what all good art is supposed to do. People are gonna either love it or hate it, but it makes you stop and think. So, don’t forget the guns, you know exactly what I mean…good times. 30

17. avatar MLee says:

That wasn’t hard to watch. I was waiting for them to turn and become Walkers. Of course, I’m a professional TV zombie, so I am a little partial to watching people get shot. I get my brains blown out next month. 🙂 (again)

1. avatar bryan1980 says:

You’re not one of Negan’s “fence zombies”, are you? LOL

18. avatar SouthAl says:

I still like black eyed peas. Throw in some fried okra, cornbread, and ham- hard to beat.

Who listens to their food, anyway?

1. avatar el Possum Guapo Herr Standartenfuher they think we're making pizza's" Oberst von Burn says:

Snap,Crackle and Pop , man. … Gee whiz I just ate supper but them black eyed peas cornbread and ham sounding good, damnit more dishes to wash

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

try eating over the sink straight out of the iron pan.

19. avatar Jack says:

When one of your most famous title is “shut up, shut up shut up”

IQ < room temperature

20. avatar Pat says:

These clowns are in their 40s and they are still acting like it is 2004. It is like J-lo, I almost feel bad for these Hollyweirdos and the likes. These folks age horribly, everything is fake around them and they know it.

1. avatar bryan1980 says:

I don’t know, man…..J-Lo is still pretty hot.

21. avatar Sheep Dog says:

pfft…….. Proggies always trying to recreate john Lennon’s “Imagine”

(“People lovin’ guns more than cases and season,
    They say its to protect their freedom but we don’t believe them”)

Uh-Huh, good thing natural rights don’t rely on your feelz

22. avatar el Possum Guapo Herr Standartenfuher they think we're making pizza's" Oberst von Burn says:

The Black Eyed Pea’s, really. Like who gives a rat’s ass.

23. avatar AnotherAZguy says:

I wonder if they even considered how many wannabe junior psychos-in-training they’ve inspired/incited to violence? As bad as the MSM and their approach to covering a tragedy.

24. avatar Sora says:

Big Love? Sounds like hippies community gang bang pass around of women as commodity back in the ’60s.

25. avatar Sven79 says:

Cases and season???????

26. avatar Mort says:

What I found truly deep was…

How did the guy with the really pixelated case of acne manage to fire without the dust cover door even opening, and consequently, no shells ejecting out of the weapon at all? It wasn’t an error or oversight, because slo-mo shells hitting the ground is a well-worn Hollywood trope, you know.

I’m excited to say that I think we have finally found the Magical AR-15 model that Moms Demand Cuddle Time featured in their famous physics-defying poster a couple years back– the one where the whole cartridge with projectile exits the muzzle still in its casing, completely intact like when it was seated in the magazine! Remember that? Admit it… you always wondered what rifle could do that, by god….

Well, here it is. Now, how does the whole necked-down thing squeeze past the chamber, I dunno… theories abound, like squishy foam wipe chamber with smoothbore barrel… but I just prefer to think it’s magic. A deep, big, big love Magical AR-15 that shoots cute whole-cartridge bullets that make a neat little splotch, but then after impact everyone gets up and keeps singing…

I know you saw that, too. Because that definitely is not what happens when I’ve seen things get hit by ordinary AR-15s and M-16s or M4s… no, sir. So this Magical AR-15 has some fairly compelling features… I mean, who ever thought your AR rifle could be used to discipline rowdy little nephews? Without your sister calling the police for all that messy “murder” stuff…!

If anyone sees one on Gunbroker, whistle and holler. Meantime, I am gonna go troll Ian and see if he’s done a Forgotten Weapons spot on the Magical AR-15. I suspect he has… he is always ahead of the curve.

Stay deep… with Big love.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Hey, for reloading, you’d just have to load them back into a mag, right?

2. avatar Camper says:

This is what I was here for. Saw the picture, dust cover closed, smoke billowing from the muzzle; and I ask myself, how? This does negate the need for micro stamping and kills all that CSI:Everytown trope of matching the shell casings to catch the killer with the blurred out face.

27. avatar Blah says:

I’m not even going to watch the video. If the lyrics can’t stand on their own, the video won’t make it work, and these are painfully shallow lyrics.

“And they say the reason is to protect their freedom
    But we don’t believe ’em”

Yeah you don’t believe ‘em
    ‘Cause you don’t understand freedom

See what I did there? I squirted out a rhyme in two seconds that has more impact than your entire song because it’s actually true. But let’s be honest, Black Eyed Peas: you wrote this shining beacon of mediocrity to ride a political wave in an attempt to pump some relevance back into your brand. You know it. Admit it. Make like Kasky and admit it.

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Blah, you exaggerate, they put it out in the attempt to make some money. Nothing more, nothing less. Drugs aren’t free.

1. avatar Blah says:

Exactly. Trying to revive their brand = making money.

28. avatar neiowa says:

Can you still say Black? I though now had to be African-

1. avatar LarryinTX says:

Discussion with the bride the other day. Shouldn’t the NAACP currently be the NAAAA? Name is still racist either way, but hey …

29. avatar Benzo says:

“War is the answer but really, what’s the question?”

Isn’t that Antifa’s motto? Bunch of clueless snowflakes that don’t even know what they are protesting…

1. avatar Ed Schrade says:

Benzo….. They are protesting constitutional rights and our way of life and think that anarchy will create a wonderful utophia . Ignoramis. Spelling doesn’t count.

30. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

“big, big love” is shannon’s favorite song. by her favorite band, “black guy pees.”
    it was dirk’s urine, but it was her handwriting.

31. avatar IAmNotTheHulk says:

BEP chasing relevancy with headline gore, pretty sad, maybe the shadow movement should have chosen Beyonce?
    Sadly this will just likely incite some bullied kid in need of mental health treatment to do the deed.

32. avatar m. says:

bep “music” group: fu & your brainless drivel. maybe mtv (moron television) will take you back.

33. avatar Billy Bob says:

Fuckem.

34. avatar Quest says:

The media has been fixated on the AR-15 as the weapon of choice for mass shooters since Sandy Hook. I believe music videos like this actually inspire and promote mass shooters to use the AR-15 platform. Look at the Florida shooter’s selfie video before he went about his massacre. He deified his AR-15; there is a reason for this… Media promotion and fetishization, again and again after every shooting.

These are the fuckers who promote and feed off these senseless tragedies.

35. avatar CC says:

BEP has blood on their hands. There are now several major peer reviewed studies showing these mass shooters main goal is fame and BEP is abetting this.

36. avatar FB says:

Most of the band are troubled addicts.

37. avatar MeRp says:

At least apl.d.ap played a good guy with a gun in both segments of the video; I can pretend the guy who grew up in the Philippines hasn’t forgotten that not having a gun in your hand is no kind of protection from bad guys wanting to hurt you.
    My son used to really like some of their songs, but he outgrew it, so now it shouldn’t be a problem to never listen to them again.

38. avatar Bruce Clark says:

Probably not in my lifetime ( I’m now 65 years old) but eventually through their united very vocal efforts the Liberals will succeed in disarmament of the population. The Millennial generation is ultra influenced by anything celebrities say or do. To accomplish it they’ll merely assinate one or two supreme court justices like they did Antonin Scalia. My fight is over, I’m sick of it. Soon the fight for our rights will be in the hands of the pampered and entitled generation. You’re doomed….