Rotation Gear – Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Like Mark Bless, above, lots of us have a selection of favorite gear we include in our EDC compliment. While there’s something to be said for sticking with the same items every time for familiarity, plenty of carriers have selection of knives lights, or even pistols that we rotate in and out depending on our destination, dress or mood. You too?

comments

1. avatar Sich says:

I think you left out the Kitchen Sink! Isn’t the objective to Carry Lite on you’re Person, and Carry the BOB in your Car/Truck or whatever…

2. avatar jwm says:

It depends on the situation and time of year. What I carry in the boonies is different from what I carry in the city. Climate affects my choices as well. I have an emergency kit in my vehicles and in my home.

I don’t see the need or benefit to carry only x or y every day. A POTG should be able to scoop up any reasonably common firearm in total darkness and figure out how to run it in seconds.

Specialization is for insects.

3. avatar BrokeButtMountain says:

You should get more knives.

4. avatar el Possum Guapo says:

I once was chewing on a dead armadillo in the middle of the hi-way, all of a sudden here came the headlights, I had switched out my EDC carry before leaving my burrow and in the panick of the approaching vehicle grabbed for a pistol that wasn’t there. My advice, keep it the same.

1. avatar B.D. says:

you can keep the gun and change the rest. I always carry certain items, just of different variety. the firearm stays the same 95% of the time.

Your comments on this website are fucken odd.

5. avatar JD says:

I can see changing out knives, but changing guns, and locations of where you carry them is about the dumbest mistake you can make.