Off Duty Carry – Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Brandon works in law enforcement in Virginia. When he’s off duty, he packs a GLOCK 43. Note also the trauma kit and tourniquet. Like the gun, those are two items you hope to never need, but will be awfully glad you have if you do.

EDC everyday carry pocket dump CCW

comments

1. avatar Cruzo1981 says:

Better to have and not need…

2. avatar Samr says:

I’d be curious to know what in his med kit. Also wonder why he has two watches.

Those RATS tourniquets are awesome though. Not only do they work, but they double as cordage in case you need it.

1. avatar Jeff in CO says:

One’s a watch and one’s a FItBit. I know a lot of people that will have the FitBit and and Apple Watch. The FitBit is nice but is a receive only, non-interactive device that then syncs your stats with the app.

2. avatar Klaus Von Schmitto says:

A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with 2 watches is never really sure.

3. avatar Ranger Rick says:

Bat Man’s utility belt, wore both on and off duty. Did I miss the multiple cellphones? There often the most critical item. Now that I’m retired I keep it simple and light.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

I’m not sure most active cops carry that much crap around with them on-person….

4. avatar FlamencoD says:

I’m curious that it seems the vast majority of these EDCs are Glocks when, according to Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore, only 1 Glock falls in their top 20 in annual sales (G43). The G19 is not even on the top 20 list the past 2 years. It’s dominated by S&W (Shield and M&P 1 & 2), XDs is #5, and a few Rugers, and inexpensive AR-15s (M&P Sport and Ruger 556). Granted it’s only one retailer, but still curious.

1. avatar SoCalJack says:

In my CCW class of 10, with several folks qualifying with more than 1 gun, I counted 8 Shields (.40 and 9mm), 4 Glock 19’s, 1 baby glock, 2 Rugers (LC380 and LCP9), 2 Sigs, 1 CZ, 1 XD9 and 1 S&W revolver. I also noted 2 carried AIWB, 1 at 4:00 IWB, 2 carried 3:00 IWB and 5 at 3:00 OWB.

2. avatar Samr says:

Sales are one thing. What you end up carrying is another. The first number is going to be massively greater than the second. Just a hunch, but I bet a lot of people buy firearms they and up not using frequently and/or carrying. When it’s something you have on your person every day, the cream rises to the crop, so to speak.

3. avatar Hannibal says:

Maybe there’s just a correlation between people who like to show off their gun and ‘edc’ online and those who buy\carry glocks.

5. avatar Bitter says:

Leatherman wave with a pocket clip, excellent tool that I use multiple times a day everyday.