Off Duty Carry – Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

When he’s not on the job, Deangelo Jeremitrius Vickers, who works in public safety, packs a Taurus PT-111 G2 Millennium in a an OWB hybrid holster.

comments

1. avatar Marty says:

Before I retired, I almost always carried off duty what I carried on duty, either a Sig 220 ST or a Sig 226. Winter or summer it made no difference and was extremely easy as I always used a quality horizontal shoulder holster with attached 2 mag pouch. Sometimes I qualified with the 220 and sometimes with the 226, the only difference between the two was the weight, the 220 being solid stainless and the 226 having an alloy frame. 45 acp vs. 9mm was no problem as I shot them both regularly.

1. avatar raptor jesus says:

The only way I can conceal a full-size legacy Sig Sauer is in a shoulder holster . . . . under a winter coat.

1. avatar Marty says:

Where I lived and worked, Hawaiian shirts were very common in warm weather. I normally wore XL shirts, but wore 2XL for CCW. Did not stick out at all. Wore tee shirt under the Hawaiian shirt. Zero printing, no one had a clue. If Hawaiian shirts are not in style where you live, multi pocket journalism vests might work, jean vests may work. I’ve used them all with no problem.

2. avatar B.D. says:

“public safety”

thats an online job description for “I can make a citizen’s arrest”.

3. avatar Larry says:

Right that’s a broad term, Fire, ems , college security, 911 dispatch and on and on.
    One thing there’s no badge In that wallet .

4. avatar joehbro says:

Deangelo Jeremitrius Vickers is Will Ferrell’s character on The Office.

1. avatar burley says:

So it is…

5. avatar daveinwyo says:

The holster looks homemade (not a bad thing) or slightly modified. But well used, as in carried. Nice

6. avatar Docduracoat says:

No one is going to comment that he carries a semi auto Taurus?
    We do not see too many of those here on TTAG EDC
    The Taurus revolvers get a lot of love
    There is a lot of hating on their semi auto models
    Seems hit or miss on reliability is the problem
    And they are inexpensive