Lethal and Less Lethal EDC – Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Walther CCP 9mm Concealed Carry

BoatGuyWd from South Carolina keeps his options open where self defense is concerned. In addition to the Walther Creed concealed carry pistol he packs, he also keeps what looks like mace or pepper spray on his key chain. Not a bad idea. Agree?

comments

1. avatar Sonofamerica says:

A DGU can be an expensive and traumatic experience, so it makes sense to have options.

1. avatar El possum Gordo says:

That’s why I always carry an 30 ounces dildo.

1. avatar Geoff "Mess with the Bull, get the Horns" PR says:

“That’s why I always carry an 30 ounces dildo.”

Purple?

*snicker* 😉

2. avatar New Continental Army says:

It’s also not a bad idea when you consider the political climate we’re in. Consider that it’s quite possible these days to have an aggressive BLM/Antifa member approach you and get in your face, throw objects at you, punch the window of your car, ect.. do things to abuse you but not enough to clearly justify lethal force. In such an instance pepper spraying the leftist terrorist in the face would be a better option than drawing.

1. avatar Kendahl says:

It’s worth having a less-than-deadly-force option since attacks that don’t justify deadly force are far more common than ones that do.

Harassment does not justify defense with any level of force unless it’s likely to cause you physical harm. To get at you, they have to break into your vehicle if you have the doors locked and the windows up. Doing so will leave evidence to support your claim of self defense.

2. avatar Detroit 45-9 says:

JPX pepper gun is a much better less lethal choice than a notoriously problematic and underpowered keychain canister.

1. avatar VaqueroJustice says:

Yea, and costs somewhere between 10-20 times as much,

uses proprietary ammunition,

and a nonstandard irritant.

Looks kinda promising, but needs improvement.

3. avatar former water walker says:

I pretty much always carry a SabreRed pepper gel thingy and a knife. Spray sux. Has to cut through the wind. I’d rather use Pepper Gel on a critter than shoot the b##ch…

4. avatar Larry says:

Sabre Red pepper gel is the only way to go imho . Great reach, not much effected by the wind .

5. avatar Kendahl says:

I had the same thought about gel not dispersing as much as the aerosol. Outdoors, it’s less affected by wind. Indoors, it’s less likely to affect innocent bystanders. Grant Cunningham claims it’s less effective and easier for the bad guy to wipe off. Either way, Sabre Red is currently the best brand.

1. avatar El gringo loco says:

Once it’s on your face you can wipe off all you want, you can empty 10 gallons of milk, running water for 10 minutes your life is still going to suck for a little while. Even if you managed to close your eyes…at some point you’ll have to open them and it’s going to hurt. Very few people seem to have a tolerance to pepper spray. I have been sprayed for training and I will take a 5s taser ride over that if I had to do it again.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Yup.
        I’ve been sprayed several times. Tasered twice.
        I’ll take the taser every day over pepper spray.

1. avatar El possum guapo herr führer the oven looks too big for pizza says:

I’ll take someone kicking me in the nuts with high heels, burning my nips with a candle, whipping me, peeing on my face, every day over someone just showing me a pepper spray. Just the idea I could just walk in a store and buy one makes me really want to be dominated and farted on.

2. I see THEY let the SJW Trolls with Tourette’s syndrome post in the comment section….

2. avatar Guardiano says:

I’d rather be tased 5 times in quick succession while in a CS chamber without a mask than even smell OC

6. avatar el Possum Guapo Herr Standartenfuher" they think we're making pizza'," Oberst von Burn says:

A sideways profile with a terrible grimace and a hiss usually works, if it doesn’t I crap and play dead.

1. avatar El possum guapo herr führer the oven looks too big for pizza says:

I grab my genitals, I start to drool, and I yell “Lucifer!!!!!”. It works sometimes.

1. ━━━━━┓ \\