CMC’s New AR-15/AR-10 9MM Single-Stage Drop-In Trigger for Pistol Caliber Carbines

Press release:

ANNOUNCING THE CMC PCC TRIGGER

CMC’s AR-15/10 9mm PCC Single Stage Drop-in Trigger was designed with the highest caliber that one comes to expect from CMC Triggers.

The same CMC Triggers that have become respected for use in AR-15 and AR-10 style rifles can now be successfully installed in PCC rifles without hassle.

The PCC Trigger’s hammer dimensions have been modified to facilitate the 9mm platform and ensure success with each pull of the trigger.

The PCC Trigger is available in both “Classic” Curved Bow and our patented “Signature” Flat Bow.

Features

• Single Stage Match Trigger
  • Multiple trigger pull weights
  • Ultra-crisp trigger with no feel of creep prior to hammer release
  • Trigger has glass-smooth break with no feel of grittiness
  • Minimal lock time is designed into the assembly using controlled hammer weight and balance activated by a rocket wire hammer spring, assuring repeatable function with either commercial or military grade ammunition
  • Trigger pull is factory pre-set and not user adjustable
  • Positive trigger reset allows a quick follow up shot on target
  • Hand assembled, and hand tested
  • Totally self-contained one-piece assembly
  • Comes with CMC Anti-Walk Pin Set
  • Fits MIL-SPEC AR-15 and AR-10 style rifles
  • Made from 8620 Alloy Steel and S7 Tool Steel with machined tolerances of +/– .001″
  • Easy to install – Install Instructions

Pull weight: 3.5 lbs.

Price: $189.99

comments

1. avatar Forward Assist says:

Wake me when it’s $99.95

Seriously, there’s a pile of great $200ish trigs, so one more? So what. This one looks just like my flat CMC AR trigger that I know and love.

1. avatar Vitsaus says:

Over priced triggers are going to be the next big PT Barnum-esque snake oil for 2019. A year ago is was “blast deflectors” that were running 100 plus dollars. Once people let Geissele get away with it, the flood gates opened for others to cash in.

1. avatar Arc says:

Geissle was expensive but I’m happy with the product I got. Going from a stock Ruger trigger to a SSA-E was like breaking a glass rod. The stock ruger trigger… is a gravel pit. (their SR762 model)

1. avatar Bearpaw says:

Full functioning AR15: $400

Decent CMC aftermarket trigger: $200

Um, yea, riggggght.

Priceless.

2. avatar Bearpaw says:

Why are we the shooting public putting up with crap triggers all of the time ? Is it that gunmakers hate us?

I say let’s boycott gun brands until the put 15 minutes more into the trigger!

“Build that trigger!” “Build that Trigger!”

2. avatar FedUp says:

Not being an AR builder, I have no idea why a 9mm needs a special trigger, can somebody explain it simply?

1. avatar Simon says:

The blowback design is harsh on hammers IIRC.

1. avatar Andrew Lias says:

The reason why is typically that there’s a “notch” in the hammer for clearance due to the bolt.

If you run a ramped bolt you can run basically any AR trigger you want.

If you notice the ramped area on the bolt causes you not to need special hammers.

It’s a niche but I certainly wouldn’t build a 9mm AR without some form of ramped bolt. I really like my setup (I’m using a Promag block with ASC mags of all things.)

The velocity is typically controlled with heavier buffers. Definitely add some weight in the back end, get the bolt weight and so on. They’re pretty darn aggressive otherwise. Mine broke a bolt catch so it has $1.50 of quarters in between the bolt and the buffer now.

Overall I will admit I’m a fan of the AR9, it’s a great way to do a PCC if you’re already into the AR stuff. I put a set screw into my lower and modified my block to bottom feed so all I really have to do now is remove the screw, pull the block, swap the uppers and I’m doing whatever caliber I want.

3. avatar el Possum Guapo says:

Arabic graffiti on side of firegun is difficult for me to decipher. Making assumptions to believe it sayz ” Your Fukd”