The Big Pro Gun Rally, July 28 at the Florida Capitol

Big Pro Gun Rally Florida Tallahassee

courtesy thebigprogunrally.com

There will be a Big Pro Gun Rally on the Florida Capitol steps in Tallahassee on July 28. The event is being organized by Jon Gutmacher, noted firearms law attorney and author of Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership. It’s the guide book for anything and everything firearms-related for Sunshine State gun owners. The book is so well-respected that it’s issued as required reading in a number of police academies.

Currently scheduled to speak at the rally are the following:

Mr. Mark Keith Robinson. He’s the man who has become known for his epic “I AM THE MAJORITY” rant before the Greensboro, North Carolina city council in April. If you haven’t see it, you need to. In making this possible, I would like to gratefully acknowledge and thank Florida-based Kel-Tec for covering his travel expenses.

Also speaking will be Kaitlin Bennett, an outspoken conservative and gun rights activist who became a viral sensation when she strolled through the Kent State University campus carrying an AR-10 on her shoulder after her graduation. The one-woman protest was over the fact that students can’t possess firearms on campus, but any other non-student adult can.

Mr. Robinson and Ms. Bennett are shining examples of what the Second Amendment is all about and how it applies to the everyday, law-abiding citizen. Major kudos to them for grabbing the brass ring and jumping into the fray.

This past March, I asked if the firearms industry would be willing to step up to the plate and help fund grassroot rallies and events such as this. Apparently, some have heard the call here in Florida and are helping in the fight against the gun-grabbers.

Kel-Tec Firearms, headquartered in Cocoa, Florida, has thrown their hat into the ring.

Shoot Straight, Inc., a Florida chain of gun stores is another major sponsor. Started in 1979 by Khaled Akkawi, a Lebanese immigrant, Shoot Straight is one of the highest-volume gun sellers in the nation, selling from 50,000 to 70,000 guns a year.

In addition to being one of the largest volume FFLs in the country, Shoot Straight’s owner also runs Suncoast Gun Shows, Inc. and Florida Gun Shows, Inc, the two major organizers of gun shows in the state. Mr. Akkawi is a strong Second Amendment supporter and a model of the American dream. Shoot Straight is also organizing buses for those who need transportation to the event.

Also supporting the rally is CCW Safe, a concealed carry insurance company. The company, founded by three former police officers, offering a variety of plans providing legal support when it’s needed most.

The Truth About Guns will be there covering the rally. I’d like to give a big shout out to those who have stepped up and are helping fight the fight.

comments

1. avatar Jay in Florida says:

Move it. 400 miles south and I would be there. With bells on.

1. avatar JasonM says:

Do you sail off the northwest coast of Cuba regularly?

1. avatar Jay in Southern Florida says:

From me to Jacksonville is 325 miles give or take. Jacksonville to Tallahassee has to be at least another 100. Its too long a drive to say high to anyone.
        I think I was being generous. Florida is a Lonnnnnnnnnng state. North to south and even east to west.

1. avatar Ansel Hazen says:

Gotta think Shoot Straight will be running a bus or two you could catch. I swore off flying in commercial aircraft when ValueJet augered into the Everglades but if Mr. Akkawi would sport me a plane ticket I’d come down from Maine.

2. avatar Paul McMichael says:

Jacksonville to Tallahassee is closer to 200, but you can cut off the corner by taking I-75 to I-10. Although, depending on how far south you are, you may need to take the turnpike to 75. I know it’s a long drive up here for you guys down there, but I recently drove from here (I’m 30 minutes West of Tallahassee) to the keys in a day to pick up a boat. Surely your 2A rights are more important than a boat. I’ll see you there!

2. avatar Steve says:

A couple of buses running out of Brevard County

2. avatar Sich says:

New replacement judge to the US Ninth Circuit Court nominee by Donald Trump, just got “Dropped” by the GOP US Senate. Not happening…

1. avatar FedUp says:

Who got dropped?

I see, Bounds was accused by Oregon’s Dem Senators of being anti-racist as an undergrad, so Mitch isn’t going to bring him to the Senate for a vote. We can’t have a jurist in the 9th Circus who doesn’t believe in the inherent evil of the white devil race.

1. avatar Sich says:

Ryan Bounds…

3. avatar Leighton Cavendish says:

Tallahassee is so far away from all the other cities in Florida. Not sure why they decided to put the capitol there.
    Nice that Shoot Straight is offering transportation.

1. avatar Paul McMichael says:

At the time Tallahassee was established St. Augustine and Pensacola were the only towns of consequence in Florida. A horseman started from each on the same morning. When they met Tallahassee was founded. Coincidentally it was also the site of the first Christmas celebration in the New World. A recreation of the original Spanish mission is located there today. It’s on W. Tennessee St. just west of F.S.U. Check it out while you’re in town. That’s your history lesson for the day.

4. avatar Nanashi says:

Hopefully the quisling Marrion Hammer is barred from entry. Unless a tomato dealer decides to sponsor her speaking.

5. avatar TheUnspoken says:

Glad to see this is happening, this is the first I have heard of it, and I am on GOA, Florida carry mail lists, NRA, ILA, Mr. Gutmacher emails, etc… Hopefully everyone else is on whatever group I am not in and hears about it, or only a few FL ttag folk will be there. I am not on face book and I know some people are not.

Where is our Grammy/Emmy nominated producer, they need to get on this!

I will try to attend, I will see if I can get more info. Man I wish they had a longer leadtime, I thought they were thinking in the Fall.

6. avatar TexTed says:

Is anyone going to show? If you’re going to name it the “big” gun rights rally, you sure as hell better have a plan to get at least 10,000 to attend. Better yet, at least 100,000. Gun rights folks don’t generally do all that much marching/rallying, being that they have, you know, jobs.

7. avatar Just Sayin says:

I am sooooo pissed I can’t attend. And I live in SW Fla., six hrs away.
    Prior work related trip out of state is killing me on this, otherwise I would be there.
    I would so love to be there. And I have to agree that it’s not being promoted enough.
    I read about it a few weeks ago on the Florida Gun Trader (.com).
    We need to support this big time. Is it being marketed to south Alabama and Georgia?
    Those POTG need to attend and support.
    Last night was the first Democrapic governor debate. All five spouted off about more gun control, banning “assault weapons”, and special taxation of ammunition and firearms (which is illegal; but that never stopped a socialist Demo-hole from running their mouth).
    Please, please, please, someone here tell me that they will attend so I can sleep a little easier tonight.

AND MARKET THIS ACTIVITY MORE!!!
    AND PLAN A SECOND RALLY ONE MONTH BEFORE THE NOVEMBER ELECTION.

PS- I am happy to own a Kel-Tec Sub2000 and have purchased several guns from Shoot Straight. I plan to purchase additional items from each because of their support.

8. avatar stateisevil says:

FL gun owners are among the most complacent in the nation and that is why the gun control bill was passed and the laws there are so strict. Shoot Straight cancelled their buses due to lack of interest.

1. avatar Cz Rider says:

It doesn’t help that they rushed it through before anybody had a chance to realize what was going on. I believe it passed the house and senate within days of one another, and it was law within a week or two from there.

I think a lot of gun owners do see all the Republican names in the legislature in think that somehow protects us though. I wish I could say they had learned, but the number of people I see selling binary triggers and bump stocks on armslist doesn’t give me much hope…

2. avatar New Continental Army says:

Wrong. Typical victim blaming from a liberal like you. FL gun owners are fighting a tidal wave of liberalism, and trying like hell to keep it from spreading to the rest of the south. Mark my words, if Florida falls, the rest of the south will go too.

9. avatar Chris T in KY says:

Please people. Get at least 1000 to show up. I would hope 5000 would show up. Good luck to you guys.

10. avatar Trek says:

These rallies on our side are idiotic. The “March For Our Lives”/Children’s Crusade and Everytown rallies are massively funded, at about $20 million in the kids’ ones, and professionally staffed and organized in depth. The press covering them was friendly and could be counted on to dutifully repeat the desired message and bury “off message” aspects (protest speaker Vic Mensa being a gun crime felon for example).

None of those conditions exist on our side, and you don’t pick battles where you are at disadvantage. The majority of gun owners consider their gun ownership to be highly confidential.

The pro-Second Amendment rallies so far have all been 1/10th to 1/20th the size of the anti’s rallies, and only play to the advantage — and desired optics and message — of the other side.

Organizing people in purple contested or at risk districts and states to write to members of congress and state legislature, fund pro-Second Amendment candidates and fund opponents of anti-Second amendment candidates is our advantage. So too is lobbying friends and family to join NRA and other groups. Not rallies.

11. avatar Steve says:

I know the capitol is in Tally …. but a more central location would have brought more to the rally.

12. avatar CML says:

Anyone aware of any buses (or even carpools or similar) running from the Tampa Bay area? If not, anyone wanna start one? I’m tentatively planning on going, but transportation could be an issue. If I end up driving myself I’d be happy to take other folks along, but my vehicle doesn’t exactly seat a lot of people.

1. avatar jester says:

FFA- florida firearms academy is sponsoring a bus. maybe give them a call.

13. avatar barnbwt says:

The NRA decided not to attend, from what I hear. Probably all those death threats Marion Hammer thought she heard.

14. avatar Ricahrd kuebel says:

Was disappointed that the bus from Shoot Straight was cancelled as I was the only one to sign up.
    There is another 2-A rally Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018 from 10 A-1P at the Sarasota Bayfront Park.
    info at http://www.rallyforourrightsmanasota.com

15. avatar Scoutino says:

At least once we found out about a pro gun rally before it happened. Spread the word.

16. avatar Randy Case says:

“The book is so well-respected that it’s issued as required reading in a number of police academies.”

Which ones?

Where can you get it?

Thanks!

17. avatar CAKE says:

Too far away. It would have been better if this was held in The Treasure Coast or Orlando. Most residents are in South Florida. I’m not a complacent 2A supporter, just being practical. 6 hr drive for me.

18. avatar SoBePhoto says:

Agree. Most of the State lives in the Southern half. I suspect that is why the Capital is where it is. On the other hand, those of us in the south of Florida face the gravest threats to our 2nd Amendment rights. Read Mr. Gutmacher’s book if you doubt it.

19. avatar Glenn Terry says:

Very disappointed in Shoot Straight canceling the bus rides to the rally. They sure do not mind selling firearms for profit, but some how do not feel it is there responsibility to fight this fight. I for one will never spend my dollars again with Shoot Straight until they get their priorities straight. Please rest assured I have spent plenty of dollars at Shoot Straight in the past..

20. avatar G. A. Fiad, Sr says:

The assault against the 2A and gun ownership is increasing daily, especially in Sourh Florida and other similar areas. It is incumbent upon all responsible gun owners to proactively defend and support their 2A right from the constant barrage wielded from the Democrats, Socialist’s and Liberals who want nothing less than to do away with Americans’ Constitutionally protected 2A rights. How dificult is it to notify the general public of any pro 2A, gun owners’ rights, rallies, meetings, etc? Yet I myself learned of this rally’s today. This must become a grass roots agenda and priority and should be backed by every FFL, CCWL holder and the NRA. Without constant vigilance, education and education both at the polls and in out States, Cities, and towns we will be relegated to the position of 2nd class citizens rather 2A citizens.

21. avatar G. A. Fiad, Sr says:

The assault against the 2A and gun ownership is increasing daily, especially in Sourh Florida and other similar areas. It is incumbent upon all responsible gun owners to proactively defend and support their 2A right from the constant barrage wielded from the Democrats, Socialist’s and Liberals who want nothing less than to do away with Americans’ Constitutionally protected 2A rights. How dificult is it to notify the general public of any pro 2A, gun owners’ rights, rallies, meetings, etc? Yet I myself learned of this rally’s today. This must become a grass roots agenda and priority and should be backed by ever FFL, CCWL holder and by the NRA. Without constant vigilance, education and protection both at the polls and in out States, Cities, and towns we would be relegated to the position of 2nd class citizens rather than 2A citizens.

22. avatar H. M. Truslow says:

Didn’t get this notice until July 30th…too late to attend. Get things to us early enough!