G19 Pistol Light – Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

Simon’s pistol appears to do double duty as a nightstand gun. And there may be no better gun in that roll than the G19. Just one question: Pistol light…yes or no?

Everyday Carry Pocket Dump EDC

comments

1. avatar Bearacuda says:

Big plus from me, though I’d prefer one that protrudes past the muzzle to use as a “standoff device.” No real downsides to a weaponlight unless you’re reeeeally watching ounces or you’re wearing skinny jeans. :p

2. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

I was never a weapon mounted light guy for the longest time but for the 19 I run this same setup, the InForce for Glock. For my 26 and 43, the Streamlight TLR 6. Lights have become so small and lightweight, and holsters more available, that there aren’t many negative tradeoffs when adding one to an EDC or nightstand gun.

Looks like someone else is running the Magpul Glock mags. When they were first out of the bag I had an occasional failure but after working the springs a bit they’ve been flawless for hundreds of rounds. The 12 round for the G26 is terrific for added capacity and someplace to rest your pinky

3. avatar rudukai13 says:

A significant percentage of criminal attacks happen outdoors at night, and you can’t shoot what you can’t see. Well – You shouldn’t shoot what you can’t see…

Aye for pistol lights for me

4. avatar Green Mtn. Boy says:

One can never go wrong with a G 19,unless one needs a Ma Duce.

5. avatar SoBePhoto says:

I have a rail mounted light on my nightstand pistol. I also have a separate Streamlight next to it. I would hate to find that I just muzzle swept an innocent someone just so that I could ID them. The rail light is for aiming when I intend to fire.

6. avatar ikocher says:

Absolutely yes. I live half the year on night shift and the idea of not being able to see what I need to hit is not one I like. So Yes. A Shield with a TLR6 or a P01 with an APLC with a Jericho .45 with Streamlight for home.

7. avatar Wedge259 says:

Streamlight TLR1s on my CZ Sp01 suppressor ready as my night stand gun, along with my suppressor. And then I have another standard SP01 that I carry with the same streamlight in a fitted owb kydex holster. I’d like more but now I carry a little streamlight protac 1l everyday in my pocket, so don’t quite feel the need to have a light on EVERYTHING I own.