We’ve heard from a few reliable sources that ZRODelta’s (previously Alamo Four Star) Cowl Induction Brake is one of the best recoil reducers on the market. This will be put to the test in the next Muzzle Brake Shootout, as we just got our hands on the new-and-improved Gen 2 version seen here. ZRODelta’s press release follows . . .
ZRODELTA ANNOUNCES RELEASE OF THEIR 2ND GENERATION COWL INDUCTION BREAK – GEN 2 CIB
For Immediate Release – Lubbock, Texas – ZRODelta is pleased to announce the release of the Gen 2 Cowl Induction Brake (CIB). The Gen 2 CIB comes to market with a sleek tapered design meeting 3 Gun competition requirements and achieves a recoil reduction of up to 72%.
The patented internal geometry of the Gen 2 CIB efficiently redirects the potential energy of the high pressure expanding gases exiting the barrel, to effectively counteract forces of recoil. This internal geometry directs the gases at angles optimized for recoil reduction without a noticeable increase in sound to the shooter, which can’t be said for other induction brakes on the market. The Gen 2 CIB not only achieves an additional 10% recoil reduction over its Gen 1 predecessor, but does so at a reduced size and weight.
“After realizing such great results with the original CIB, I knew we had a lot of work ahead of us to create what is now the GEN 2 CIB,” said Mark Deros, Lead Designer. “The tapered, streamline outer dimension combined with the refined internal geometry, really takes the CIB to a whole new level.”
• Proprietary design allows for the most effective recoil reduction on most calibers (.223 up to .308)
• Caliber specific sizes provide optimal recoil reduction
• Better recoil reduction by up to 72%
• New slim design that is under 1″ diameter meeting 3 Gun competition requirements
• Tapered ports for a sleek, blended look
• Horizontal ports minimize ground signature keeping debris away from shooter
• Matte black nitride coating standard, and Cerakote colors are available
• Includes shim set
- Weight: 0.35 lb.
- Material: 4140 Alloy steel
- Outer diameter 0.88” on thread end and 0.99″ on exit end
- Length: 2.86”
Gen 2 CIB video:
The CIB is available in 223/5.56, 6.5mm and .30cal. MSRP on the Gen 2 CIB is $199
For more information please visit: ZRODelta.com
ZRODelta is a U.S. based manufacturer of scope mounts, tripods, and other precision shooting accessories for the firearm industry. ZRODelta licenses and manufactures all DLOC patented products in their Lubbock, Texas facility.