DeSantis Gunhide Question of the Day: Are You Ready for Close-Quarters Combat?

Good idea, the TAK Impactor Training Gun. When we used a standard-issue blue gun (inert) in a Krav Maga course I was aware of the danger, should a participant get carried away. Which reminds me: are you ready for close-quarters combat? You know; with a gun? Do you have a plan? Have you had any training in that regard? Both in terms of shooting from the ground and counter-attacking an assailant to get to your gun?

desantis blue logo no back 4 small

comments

1. avatar Snake says:

Always remember the basics of CQC.

1. avatar Stuart K says:

You’re pretty good.

2. avatar passthebrass says:

Treat your cardboard box with care. Take care of the box and it’ll take care of you… Don’t think of it as just another box. Treat it with love… Don’t be rough.

2. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Well, DGUs for civilians don’t happen at 300 meters, so close better be what you are preparing for.

3. avatar Stoopid1 says:

Yup, my semiauto shorty 12 guage is ready.

4. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

They don’t even make a Borchardt C-93 version of that thing.

5. avatar Jeremiah Jones says:

The bad guys always seem to run when I slap leather. No combat yet.

1. avatar Rusty Chains says:

The last bunch I faced turned tail and all I ever did was take off my jacket. Wonder what got into them fellers?

6. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Is the question about close quarters combat — e.g. engagements at roughly 30 feet and closer? Or is the question about combat at contact distance including hand-to-hand combat?

I am prepared for close quarters combat.

I am also prepared for hand-to-hand combat at contact distance — including disarming an attacker with a handgun (as a last resort), protecting my handgun while counterattacking, and striking first with my hands, forearms, elbows, knees, and/or feet to initially stun my attacker and gain enough time/distance to draw and shoot.

Most people are not prepared for hand-to-hand combat. And I don’t see how anyone can prepare without investing several dozen hours in basic martial arts techniques.

7. avatar Shire-man says:

Years of training and a shelf of awards say I probably should be.
    I’m perfectly happy with never finding out if I actually am.

8. avatar Brian says:

ak47 and 74 with the 870 are ready to go!

9. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

I get about an hour of CQC (closer than longsword’s length) instruction and practice a week. I guess my odds of surviving such an affair are maybe modestly improved from it. My defense is probably 99% from risk avoidance and 1% from combat preparation.

10. avatar Chris says:

In close quarters I’m more concerned about knives than guns.

11. avatar FormerWaterWalker says:

Years ago I did get into some close combat. And won. Now I’m retirement age and losing “it”. A severe knee injury,neck/back problems,cancer and sundry other maladies. Come near me and I’ll shoot ,stab or spray pepper at you.