“The Uzi is a family of Israeli open-bolt, blowback-operated submachine guns,” wikipedia.org informs. “Smaller variants are considered to be machine pistols.” 600-rounds per minute. Yeah baby! Yes, well, the UZI family includes a semi-automatic PRO version, which no one ever saw in an episode of Miami Vice. Is a semi-auto UZI still cool enough to warrant a $1,109 MSRP? The version now shipping includes both 20- and 25-round mags (not available in CA and MA), a polymer grip with an integrated magazine release button, and a tiny under-snout Picatinny rail for a light or laser. UZI lovers note: the recharging handle is now on the side of the weapon, allowing for a top-mounted full(er) length Picatinny rail. Red dot anyone? Holster? No? Specs after the jump . . .
UZI PRO Pistol Specifications:
- Part No: UPP9S
- Caliber: 9mm Luger Parabellum (9x19mm)
- Operation: Blowback operation from closed bolt
- Barrel: Cold-Hammer forged CrMoV barrel, 4 groove 1:10 RH twist
- Barrel Length: 4.5 inches
- Overall Length: 9.5 inches
- Weight: 3.66 lbs.
- Sight: Adjustable target sights
- Magazines: 1-20 & 1-25 round
- MSRP: $1,109.00