gunownersca.com reports that the Democratically controlled California legislature is plowing ahead with its civilian disarmament agenda. The latest affronts to Golden State gun owners’ natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms passed out of the Public Safety Committee, heading for Appropriations. They are:
- SB 47 (Yee) ASSAULT WEAPONS – Bans “Bullet Button” guns.
- SB 374 (Steinberg) FIREARMS: ASSAULT WEAPONS – Bans all semi-auto centerfire long guns with detachable magazines.
- SB 396 (Hancock) FIREARMS: MAGAZINE CAPACITY – Makes all grandfathered Hi-Cap (10 rounds or more) illegal to possess.
- SB 567 (Jackson) FIREARMS: SHOTGUNS – Revises the definition of a shotgun.
- SB 683 (Block) FIREARMS: Requires all gun buyers to get a Firearm Safety Certificate before buying any gun.
- SB 755 (Wolk) FIREARMS: Expands the number of crimes that are punishable by a 5 or 10 year ban on firearms ownership.
In the video above Gun Owners of California Executive Dirctor Sam Paredes takes Senator Yee to the woodshed re: his characterization of the bullet button as a “loophole.” Fat lot of good that’s going to do, either way you look at it. Will the Supreme Court ride to the rescue? If only . . . Meanwhile, the light of liberty continues to flicker on America’s west coast. As if you didn’t know.
Click here to sign the petition asking Governor Jerry Brown to veto the above legislation. Yes, it’s coming to that.