Irresponsible Gun Owner of the Day: FPSRussia (Sixth Time)

[HTML1]

According to our stats, FPSRussia is the gift that keeps on giving. As much as I enjoy the traffic—which is a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the faux Russian’s YouTube viewership—I’d love to see ole’ FPS shoot responsibly. At that point, FPSRussia would never darken our IGOTD doors again. Alas, his latest cinematic sortee has all the familiar failure features: a) shooting without eyes or ears b) breaking the 180 rule with his camera man c) shooting at close objects without regard for collateral damage. I, however, have a new angle on his steadfast refusal to be a proper inspiration to his legions of young fans. Shooting without proper protection is irresponsible because our medical system is expensive enough without adding the cost of avoidable emergency care. Know what I mean?

comments

1. avatar Bob H says:

So you can see with a 100 round magazine firing full auto you can send 100 rounds down range and only hit half of your targets. Short bursts!

1. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

Amen.

2. avatar sdog says:

why does he think waving that gun all around funny, safe, or cool? did anyone else notice that the barrel of the weapon was turning towards the camera when he took his hand off the front grip? btw why is he plugging that corny @$$ mossberg? hopefully only the weak minded will be attracted to that muzzle break

3. avatar poppymann says:

That muzzle thingy is the equivalent of having a “wing” on a Chevy Cobalt.

4. avatar Gerard says:

Are you saying he holds stock in insurance companies and hospitals?

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

I might be. Or I might not. That depends.

5. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

How to miss at spitting range with full auto. If I had shot that poorly in the Army with my M60, they would have taken it away from me. And yeah, 5.56mm won’t ruin your ears with the supersonic sound. Tell that to my left ear after the Marines, Navy and Army. It’s the ear most exposed from firing M 16’s with a right handed cheek weld. The Mossberg 500 with the Roadblocker muzzle brake. I was wondering who would buy those. Shotgun rounds can ricochet, by the way. That’s why there are 45 degree angle bulkheads, to deflect shots around the corner, on nuclear submarines. He seems like an ok guy, he just needs to reel it in some before he makes a fatal error.

1. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

Kudos for the zombies.

1. avatar CUJO THE DOG OF WAR says:

I found the “bleeding zombie” targets he’s using at AmmoToGo, they are not cheap-about $80 apiece. They don’t include the Tannerite he used to make the heads explode. I’m thinking machete drill for one of them and two for play. I wonder if they can be patched up?

Either rename IGOTD for FPSRussia, or retire his jersey. He’s earned it.

7. avatar Lance says:

We should dig up some of Annie Oakley’s old stuff. Now that was some IGOTD stuff.

8. avatar fmonk says:

Perhaps TTAG should sent him a pair of branded safety glasses and get some publicity out of it.

I think TTAG is beating a deaf horse.

10. avatar Magoo says:

There are far more interesting examples TTAG could use for IGOTD. How about the two concealed carry permit holders in Florida who shot each other to death in a neighborhood dispute?

11. avatar Gerard says:

I did not realize what a jackass this guy could be until he shot the gun from behind his head and back. Leave the range if you see him coming.

12. avatar Scott says:

I think this is too easy a topic to find stories. Negative is easy and FPS seems to be the you tube village idiot. His ears will be ringing 100% of the time before he’s 40 without the disability pay from serving in the military. His ears, his eyes; his freedom to lose both. Move on.

Daily positive gun stories are out there whether sports, club, venue related or self defense related. I just think the site is missing an opportunity to promote a positive gun event each day (or every couple of days). Heck, Camp Perry starts in just a couple weeks. Or a guy used his CCW in Dayton Ohio just a week ago preventing himself from being car jacked at the gas station. 2 thugs with 1 taking two .45’s to the gut. woot!

Yeah, I don’t need to click on this so i’m the big dork for commenting. Yeah, if I was a man I’d write a new column and submit it myself. Except my writing isn’t all that entertaining and my grammar sucks. Sorry, just pointing out that the irresponsible gun owner of the day feeds into the anti agenda. I want to see some average everyday heroes. 🙁

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

I like your writing. And I am the world’s best editor. [email protected]

1. avatar Scott says:

You see what I just did to myself? I put my own man card at risk. You are too kind and will try to take you up on the challenge.

2. avatar Frappe33 says:

Agree with the everyday heroes thought. In the free NRA mag, the part I look for first is the Armed Citizen articles.