Yesterday, the SIG [SAUER] forum linked to Patrick Carrube’s most excellent
SIG SAUER P220 Elite .45 review. So I had a look around their web world and found this gem. It’s based on Texas’ Governor Rick Perry’s real-life encounter with a coyote (which inspired the Ruger LCP Coyote Special). Why the poster changed Texas to Arizona is a mystery even TTAG may never unravel. Anyway, thanks guys.
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A coyote jumps out and tries to attack his dog.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi” and then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural. The coyote bites the dog and the Governor.
2. He calls animal control. Animal Control captures coyote and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a “coyote awareness” program for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack somehow and for letting the Governor attempt to intervene.
9. Additional cost to State of California : $75,000 to hire and train a new security agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.
10. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files suit against the State.
The Governor of Arizona is jogging with her dog along a nature trail. A Coyote jumps out and tries to attack her dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a 9mm Luger jacketed hollow point cartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that’s why California is broke.