Piston systems are breaking out all over. Never one to watch a trend pass it by, Rock River Arms have developed their Piston Driven System (PDS) and put it in their new Rock River Arms PDS Pistol. We’re talking a purpose-designed bolt carrier, an adjustable gas piston and an over-the-barrel spring and guide rod arrangement. Rock River Arms claims the PDS completely eliminates the traditional recoil system associated with AR-style firearms. Says so right there. Anyway, the upper receiver’s design and guide rod base prevent gas blow-by to the back of the receiver. Sounds like a plan. As for this version . . .
The New PDS Pistol has a full length top mounting rail from the rear of the receiver to the regulator housing, allowing flexible placement of numerous optics, lights, lasers and other accessories. The folding ambidextrous, non-reciprocating charging handles may be used independently or in unison to charge the RRA PDS Pistol. The RRA PDS Pistol features a MS1913 rail on the rear receiver adaptor as well as an MS1913 rail on the regulator housing which allows sling or weapons mounting capabilities. The handguard features an integral Operator Safety Flange to help prevent support-hand movement/slippage towards the muzzle.
Click here to download the Rock River Arms PDS pdf that will have to do in the gun pron department until the reviews hit the net. And yes Rock River that is a hint ([email protected]). Meanwhile . . .
The RRA PDS Pistol Specifications:
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO Chamber for 5.56mm & .223 cal.
- Upper: Proprietary, with Extended Top Rail
- Charging Handle: Proprietary Ambidextrous Non-Reciprocating
- Barrel: 8” Chrome Moly, 1:9 twist
- Muzzel Device: PDS-MD/ ½-28 thread
- Trigger: Single Stage
- Pistol Grip: Hogue Rubber Pistol Grip
- Handguard: Injection molded with Operator Safety Flange
- Front Sling. Light Mangment: MS1913 Rail on Regulatory Housing
- Rear Sling Mnt: MS1913 Rail on Rear Receiver Adapter
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Over All Length: 17.5”
- Includes: 1 – magazine, Owners Manual, Warranty