Happy Independence Day From TTAG

Happy Independence Day July 4th Shot Shells

courtesy etsy.com

“Today isn’t just about relaxing with family and friends. It’s not just about grilling, fireworks and carefree celebrations; being an American is a great privilege and honor. Take a minute to think about how lucky we truly are to live here, and then together, let’s work together to be great citizens for the future generations of this nation.” – Amanda Radke in Independence Day is more than just grilling & fireworks [via beefmagazine.com]

comments

1. avatar nativeson says:

Let’s take this day to reflect on the sacrifices our ancestors made to secure our independence and freedom. Let’s also recommit ourselves to do everything within our power to preserve that freedom for our children and grandchildren. What we have is precious and unique in this world. May it always be so.

1. avatar Geoff "Mess with the Bull, get the 'Good and Hard' Horns" PR says:

” What we have is precious and unique in this world. May it always be so.”

Damn straight.

Take a gander at this :

“Watch: Students Say They’re Not Proud To Be An American”

1. avatar Marty says:

Our Country is great, our public college system sucks.

1. avatar Stereodude says:

I must respectfully disagree with you. It works very well for the purposes intended by those who run it.

2. avatar Marty says:

You’re right, however we were on the topic of celebrating Independence Day, not communism of which all true Americans abhor.

2. avatar nativeson says:

This nation faces grave threats from within- not the least of which being millions of students who have been brainwashed into hating America and its founding. In my more than 65 years as a proud citizen, I have never been more concerned about our future. Decades of progressive ideology, indoctrination, uncontrolled immigration and political stupidity and corruption have taken a heavy toll and will ultimately destroy this great nation if not checked and reversed. I pray that happens.

1. avatar Marty says:

Totally agree. It’s time the conservatives wake up and realize 99.9% of the demonrats are communists and hate our country as it was founded. They all want to change it to some kind of hell hole. Until this is understood, it will be impossible and America will not be truly great again. Trump is doing a great job but it is a huge up hill battle.

2. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

“Happy 4th of July from the People’s Republic of M—assachusetts!” Where the MA Residents get to celebrate “State Approved 👍 Privilages and Limited Freedom!”

☆☆☆☆☆☆▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
    ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

1. avatar Roh-Dog says:

Happy 4th to you and yours from Collectthegunsicut!
      The revolution started in the North East, fitting that it’s atrophying here.
      Love live the Republic!

2. avatar Rad Man says:

I got my forms back in time to enjoy an approved day with my family on Cape!

3. avatar Indiana Tom says:

Somehow I tend to draw parallels between what has happened and is happening now to the USA; and Robert Heinlein’s two novels The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and The Cat Who Walks Through Walls.
    Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand might be good analogy as well.

1. avatar Alex in Oregon says:

This is the 4th or so reference to The Moon is a Harsh Mistress that I’ve see in the past couple of days across several web-sites that I visit. Thinking it’s time I read that book and The Cat Who Walks Through Walls again.

4. avatar Bersa Bob says:

A good day to shake a lib’s hand !

1. avatar pwrserge says:

The only reason I would touch a lib’s hand is to keep him from blocking when I break his jaw.

2. avatar Bloving says:

Sure! Then after you shake it, let him know you’re one of those nasty Gun Owners and that sweet smell on his hand is Hoppe’s #9.
      🤠

1. avatar ‘liljoe says:

Hoppes gives me acid reflux… frog lube all the way 🙂

5. avatar former water walker says:

Happy 4th…weren’t free until men fought and died. May we have the guts and will to keep that freedom. By any means necessary🇺🇸

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Yes. ^^^this^^^^

God bless America.

1. avatar dlj95118 says:

…and may America bless God.

2. avatar BLAMMO says:

Trump caught flack for calling some countries shithole countries. Most counties are shithole countries. This used to be a shithole country.

Then, some brave men picked up rifles and did something about it. That’s what it takes. Force of arms. Almost without exception.

1. avatar Toni says:

yep wish more people would wake up and accept that that IS what it takes. talk is cheap, politics is dirty, and free people must carefully watch all comers into the political arena and be prepared to take violent action against them at the first sign of treachery. sadly it is th only way.

6. avatar jwm says:

Greatest. Country. Ever.

7. avatar Gun Owning American says:

Happy Independence Day, everyone. God bless and be safe.

8. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Gonna fly my quad copter right into and above the local firewrorks display tonight.
    Makes for great footage on a big screen.

1. avatar ‘liljoe says:

that would be awesome… please let us know if you post the footage!

Happy 4th y’all!

2. avatar jwm says:

‘We have a quad copter down. I say again. We have a quad copter down.”

9. avatar J.D. Fowlerton says:

The local Democrats and the Moms Demand loons were passing out pamphlets at out town’s local parade this morning. They were running up to give my family some of their literature but when they got a look and my father and myself they changed their minds and just gave us disapproving looks.

The Republican floats yelled compliments about my NRA hat and threw us a handful of candies so that was fun.

10. avatar Joe R. says:

Happy Independence Day

GOD Bless America, some more. GBASM

11. avatar GunGal says:

Can someone please tell the pod eaters that “Life Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness” thing is the opportunity not guaranteed.
    My ancestors legally immigrated to the most free country on earth. God bless them and God bless America.

12. avatar neiowa says:

If you believe in and honor the history of the greatest nation to ever exist on the Earth then it is “Independence Day”.

If you don’t, then it’s the “4th of July” which is interchangeable with “April 1” or “Mar 17” any other meaningless date.

1. avatar Ing says:

It’s not just any fourth of July. It’s THE Fourth of July.

Happy Independence Day! Or as they say in California, Feliz Cinco de Mayo.

14. avatar Rusty Chains says:

When the first of my ancestors arrived in Virginia, Washington was a little kid and Jefferson wasn’t even born yet. My ancestors and my relatives fought in every war and police action this country ever had with the sole exception of Vietnam. I am an historian by nature and I look at what has been done to this country over the past hundred years starting with Wilson and then FDR and built upon by many of those that followed and it makes me sick to see what they have done to America.

This Fourth of July I rejoice in what our country still is, and I weep for how deep we have fallen into the trap of big government destruction of our liberty. Wishing you all a happy Independence Day!

15. avatar Chris T from KY says:

Most people don’t know but all land owners voted back then. White women and free blacks who owned land did vote.
    But by 1810 or so things changed.