Just a heads up, Acme Machine is having a Father’s Day sale on their AR build kits. Available kits include 5.56 NATO and .224 Valkyrie options including most of the components you need for a build with the exception of the lower.
For example, the Aero BA .224 Valkyrie PRS Complete Rifle Build Kit includes the following:
- 18″ .224 Valkyrie SPR 1:7 Fluted Stainless Steel Barrel
- 6.8 MIL-SPEC Nitride BCG
- 17″ Ultra-light M-LOK
- Complete Lower Parts Kit
- Ambidextrous Charging Handle
- MIL-SPEC Rifle Extension and Rifle Buffer Kit
- Stainless Steel Rifle-Length Gas Tube
- .750 Low Profile Gas Block with Roll Pin
- Gen-II Upper Receiver (Assembled), Anodized Black
- Luth-AR MBA-1 Modular Buttstock Assembly, Polymer, Black
- 223 Custom TPI Competition Muzzle Brake 1/2×28″
If your dad is a builder or interesting in his first build, these kits are worth a look. Components such as the barrel in the above Valkyrie kit come from Ballistic Advantage and uppers from Aero Precision, both of which are well known manufacturers. So even if you aren’t familiar with Acme, odds are you know those companies.
I’ve run Acme’s products on hunts and at the range and have found they perform well within their price point. In fact, some parts have proven to be quite durable. These kits are a great way to get started as a builder or to add an affordable rifle to your collection. Building is a lot of fun – in fact, I have several to do myself right now for both work and just because – and I highly recommend it. There’s something to be said for running a rifle you put together yourself, not to mention it’s an excellent way to familiarize yourself with the inner workings of ARs.
Check these kits out on Acme’s website here. Sale MSRP ranges from $249.99 to $449.99. Happy Father’s Day!