Holsterless GLOCK 26 Carry? – Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

GLOCK 26 Gen3 IWB Clip Holsterless EDC CCW Everyday Carry

Note the aftermarket clip installed on Michael Hill’s GLOCK 26 Gen3. That lets him tote the pistol inside the waistband without a holster. Something that many carriers are loath to do with a handgun that doesn’t have a safety. You OK with that?

GLOCK 26 Gen3 IWB Clip Holsterless EDC CCW Everyday Carry

comments

1. avatar John Boch says:

Dear God: What is this guy thinking?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

” What is this guy thinking?”

Probably what a shit-hot operator who operates as optimally he does…

2. avatar nunya says:

I would like to think that anyone who carries like this does not have a round chambered. So he is basically thinking having a gun means knowing how to shoot it. More importantly, he knows when not to shoot it, because it will be never. He will die first.

2. avatar FMJay says:

Hell no, hopefully this idiot doesn’t carry AIWB

1. avatar Ranger Rick says:

That’s what the clips for.

3. avatar TexTed says:

That’s absolutely insane.

If you have contact info for this guy, please tell him to immediately get a MIC holster at least. It’ll maintain his minimal profile, but it will properly protect the trigger.

4. avatar Martin Dude says:

Darwin award candidate? Hopefully before he gets a chance to throw his genes back in the pool…

5. avatar dac says:

I hope he doesn’t have an issue bending over in a public place resulting in bad press for concealed carry.

1. avatar FedUp says:

I think the guy you refer to was also holsterless carrying.
      I consider the holster to be irrelevant to the carry if you miss the holster when you shove the gun in your pants, and it sure looked to me like he pulled an empty holster out of his pants before he pulled the gun out of his pants.

6. avatar pwrserge says:

Might carry it in condition 3… silly, but safe. Condition 1? HELL NO.

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

School me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think Glocks can be in condition 1 since they don’t have a manual safety.

1. avatar pwrserge says:

Glocks don’t really fit the standard condition, but I’d say a hot Glock is effectively in condition 1.

1. avatar Eric in Oregon says:

That’s fair.

2. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Exactly — carry that handgun with an empty chamber which absolutely prevents that handgun from discharging when something snags the trigger.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Or at the least, that infamous 13-pound (?) ‘New York Trigger’…

3. avatar b.d. says:

It’s a glock.. .condition zero. there is no 1.

7. avatar AFGus says:

Not without a dedicated slip-on kydex shield for the trigger guard. That’s the only way I’d consider carrying without a full holster.

8. avatar Al says:

MIC holster for that setup would be great. Otherwise, a disaster in making.

9. avatar Lightfoot says:

I have a “Clip Grips” on one of my S&W 442 J-Frames as well as an aluminium frame Colt Cobra 2 inch snubbie, and have NO Problem with this same type of IWB carry. However, both my 442 as well as the Colt Cobra ARE revolvers, which means that Long, Heavy trigger pull in DA mode.

10. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

I frequently carry that same pistol, the little Streamlight TLR light/laser is a great addition to it.

Having the light limits some of the minimalist holsters you can use for it, I love my Raven Concealment Vanguard but it does not work with a light attached so I carry it in a full coverage Kydex AIWB holster.

In a perfect world nothing will ever get in there but shirt tails, drawstrings, you name it – Murphy will stick something in there and bad things will happen. A clip- only exposed trigger carry method can work for some pistols but a Glock ain’t one of ‘em

11. avatar TyrannyOfEvilMen says:

Not a fan.

But then again, it’s not my nuts that are at risk.

1. avatar Ranger Rick says:

Or your femoral artery.

12. avatar Strength & Honor says:

HOLY CRAP TTAG JUST CLAIMED GLOCKS DON’T HAVE A SAFETY?

1. avatar b.d. says:

Its a trigger safety though. You are either condition 0 or don’t bother carrying a fucken Glock.

13. avatar Pookie says:

From the looks of it I’d wager that there is a 3.5 ghost connecter in there too.

14. avatar tdiinva says:

An XD sure, because it has a grip safety so while not the best way to carry it is safer than this guy’s rig. I have seen similar minimalist clip on holsters that cover the trigger guard.

1. avatar Rob says:

I applied a tournequit to a gunshot wound to the upper calf on an individual carrying a xd mod 2 9mm with a grip safety. He was carrying one in the pipe with a clip draw only. The bullet was a 115 grain fmj.
      It went off in his bathroom when he was pulling up his pants.

1. avatar tdiinva says:

It can’t “just go off” unless the grip safety is depressed. Something tells me his story was at variance with the truth.

1. avatar rob says:

Whole-heartedly agreed. I suspect he inadvertently depressed the grip safety when pulling up his pants. Some piece of clothing then got in the trigger guard and put pressure on the trigger.
          I suspect this was totally preventable with a holster that covers the trigger.

2. avatar tdiinva says:

I bet he was playing with it and he pulled the trigger.

Nope, I would not carry a loaded G26 that way.

1. avatar Ranger Rick says:

You may not, but someone has to if only to be a reminder of why not to do it.

16. avatar James Ivy says:

Well if this person doesn’t want to carry condition 1 then the clip is fine, AS LONG as it still provides proper retention for your application and it’s found to be in any way repeatable during the draw etc. Just train the way you……..

17. avatar Matt says:

I would only carry a pistol like this if it were not chambered. But, I won’t carry an unchambered pistol, so that’s a whole lot of no.

18. avatar Frank in VA says:

Empty chamber?

OK.

Not empty?

Everyday Carry Pocket Dumb of the Day.

19. avatar Jean-Claude says:

It’s not about the pistol having a manual safety or not. Plenty of people carry J-frames with Barami Hip-Grips or the modern equivalent. I would have no problem carrying a Kahr or other DAO pistol with a Clipdraw. But a GLOCK? No, it’s far too easy for something to get caught in the trigger guard and BANG you have a second butthole.

20. avatar b.d. says: