Germany Concealed Carry – Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day

GLOCK 30 Gen 3 EDC concealed carry CCW germany

Germany has some of the toughest gun laws in Europe. Yet the country also has one of the biggest firearms ownership rates in the world. And while it’s not easy to get a concealed carry permit, Urban Pilgrim seems to have persevered.

So it shouldn’t surprise anyone that his carry gun of choice is the Teutonic GLOCK 30 Gen 3. That’s 10+1 rounds of .45 ACP deterrence that serves any concealed carrier well.

comments

1. avatar Indiana Tom says:

I would imagine this person has something to do with the government on some level.
    No mere mortal is he!

2. avatar Leighton C says:

Glock is Austrian. Not German. Should be carrying a Walther maybe.

1. I’m aware. Both are Teutonic.

2. avatar Marty says:

Naw, a Sig.

1. avatar Mmmtacos says:

I’d say Walther or H&K: true German brands. Sig Sauer is half German, half Swiss. Glock and Steyr are Austrian, even though they’re practically German (and have throughout history often been under the same authority).

Why .45 ACP though? Is there a mag limit in Germany for pistols? I’m not against .45 ACP but I’d rather carry 9mm… unless I was limited to 10 rounds, then I would just carry the largest caliber I could in the largest firearm I was comfortable carrying to max my limit. Or is it that 9mm is restricted since it’s a “military caliber”? I know I’ve heard that being the reason Germans can’t have .223/5.56 or .308/x51 rifles.

1. avatar Marty says:

I have two Sigs, a 220 and a 226. Both of them say “Made in Germany”. The 220 is all stainless, heavy but shoots like a dream. The 226 has an alloy frame, is much lighter (even lighter when loaded with the Liberty Civil Defense 9mm+P. Both of them are class acts and after thousands of rounds, without a failure, I figure they were both worth every cent I paid for them.

3. avatar Gun Free School Zones are a crime against humanity says:

.45 acp????? In Germany???? Somebody hasn’t read the handbook. 9×19 came into being because of Germany. He spits on his cultural heritage……..

1. avatar michael in ak says:

maybe he just wanted a useful round….

1. avatar Ross says:

Now them be fighting words………….

2. avatar Southern Cross says:

Actually many European countries have restrictions on military calibers, so 9mm may not be allowed. But, as .40 never had formal military adoption by Germany or other European militaries, it is probably allowed.

3. avatar Mark says:

Actually the 9×19 came about after the US Army trials with the Luger in 7.62xsomething (same caliber as that broom handle thingy). One of the more common complaints during the US trials was that the caliber was too feeble. In an effort to satisfy such a lucrative market, yet do so economically, Luger expanded the barrel & chamber in existing Luger’s to the maximum safest width, and that became 9mm Luger.

1. avatar Gun Free School Zones are a crime against humanity says:

I always heard it was the German military that made Luger do the change up. For the American pistol trials Luger sent over 2 guns in .45acp.

I am aware that the US military did a trial run with something on the order of a thousand of the .30 Luger guns prior to the pistol test. They did not approve of the .30 Luger but opted for a larger round than 9mm.

4. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

I carry my 26 or 43 most often but I really enjoy my 30S. What a great pistol.

5. avatar Chris T in KY says:

I’m glad this well connected civilian or government worker has a gun to protect themselves.

6. avatar Ranger Rick says:

If you’re going to carry 45 a.c.p. in Germany of all places then carry a Colt.

1. avatar anonymoose says:

Or an HK or SIG or Walther.

7. avatar Garrison Hall says:

I wonder how many Germans carry handguns in defiance of legal restrictions? As dangerous as Germany’s “refugee” population has become, preserving one’s safety and one’s family’s safety may be becoming more important than obeying coercive laws. Even order-loving Germans, along with other Europeans, have their limits.

1. avatar Red in CO says:

and there’s estimated to be literally millions of illegal firearms in Germany (though they’re obviously not being used offensively in any real numbers). I’m sure quite a lot of those are from WWII, but given the thriving arms market in Eastern Europe, id bet a lot of those are also more modern