New from VZ Grips: Slide Boot slide covers

VZ Grips, makers of grips for guns that don’t take GLOCK mags is finally making a GLOCK accessory. Well, not specifically for GLOCKs. But their new slide covers will work on GLOCKs, so that’s something. They’re only $12.99 and are available in three sizes, large, not large and even less large.

They’re just the thing to protect your slide from dings and scratches in your range bag. From their website:

Slideboot™ Premium neoprene covers protect the slide and sights of your pistol. Perfect for a trip to the range or long term storage. Fill your safe or range bag with Slideboot covered pistols and ammo instead of plastic boxes. Eliminates scratches, dings, dust and dirt.

comments

1. avatar Flinch says:

Gotta protect them slides. I guess.

2. avatar Sam I Am says:

Hmmmm, looks like a gun cozie. Interesting, maybe.

I keep my plinker in an old Royal Crown bag. Don’t remember where the actual whiskey went.

1. avatar Rusty Chains says:

Boating accident!

3. avatar M10 says:

I would be more interested if they were lined with an anti-rust material. Midway sells a pistol sock with a silicone additive for a lot less (a LOT less). I like the VZ design better, but to me it’s not worth skipping the protection.

4. avatar MilitantCentrist says:

I don’t get why you would prefer this over a full zip pouch case or something. People who are worried enough about their pistols slide and sights to protect them in transit, but not the frame or grips, strike me as an extremely specific market niche.

But hey, vive la différence.

1. avatar Ansel Hazen says:

Exactly, Drago makes perfectly good zipped pouches for little more cost than these things and now the whole gun is protected.

5. avatar Michael in AK says:

Gun condoms….who knew?????

1. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

This appears to protect against external effects as opppsed to protecting against the consequences of a negligent discharge …

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“…protecting against the consequences of a negligent discharge …”

Wait – You mean without it, I could discover a baby NAA mini-revolver in my range bag where I store my Super Redhawk?

I think I need to put some mood lighting in there and an iPod playing Barry White on infinite repeat…

1. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

Ok that one cracked me up but good. I have a Glock 20 in the same safe with an LCP.

I’ll check for a Ruger Security 357SIG in the morning.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

As Ralph has been known to say, “Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all week. Please tip your waitresses…” 🙂

3. avatar TStew says:

Another case of needing a “like” button here… Well played!

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Gun condoms….who knew?????”

“And no matter what size you buy, it says “Extra Large” on the wrapper…”

1. avatar Gutshot says:

Except if you have a 9mm. Then the wrapper would say “mini-meat”

6. avatar No one of consequence says:

Hm.

Can I get one that isn’t a billboard?

7. avatar Native Texan says:

I have a question would y’all sale a Mini-14 to buy a M1A Scout Squad rifle?

1. avatar DJ Saul Teanuts says:

Absolutely not. There’s room enough in the safe for both of them or it’s time for a bigger safe.

1. avatar Native Texan says:

The Mini -14 is a nice looking wood stock ranch rifle in 5.56 But I need to off set the price of $1,500 for the M1A………………Hard decision.

2. avatar Paul Mcmichael says:

Keep the Mini 14 if you can, but understand if you can’t. Owned a bunch of them and one leans in a corner across the room as a ready rifle now. If I could only one though it would be the M1A. The Scout (not the SOCOM) is the one to have. Unless you switch the muzzle brake on the SOCOM to a conventional M-14 flash suppressor. That muzzle brake is brutal on the ears. If I had to run for the hills I would take my H&K 91 over my Galil .556 every day. Well, I do have an M-1 rifle rebarreled to .308 (ammo logistics) that I’m impartial too and don’t feel under armed with. Butt stroke a man with one of those and butt stroke a man with an M-4. See what happens. An M-1/14 is deadly at both ends.

1. avatar Paul m says:

Partial too. Stupid spell check.

8. avatar Hannibal says:

You could just buy a tablet sleeve that costs half as much and protects the whole gun but I guess that’s not as tactical for throwing in a range bag…

9. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

no shortage of thick socks missing their mate in my world. i get positive comments regarding the red woolrich one on the unfluted cylinder in particular. and compliments when the socks i’m wearing don’t match each other.

10. avatar Paul Mcmichael says:

I know John Van Zyke personally. (Just exchanged a text with him.) I haven’t seen this new product, but if he’s marketing it it has to be first class. Not to take anything away from Midway. I toured their facility a few years ago when I was in Missouri shooting ducks in the morning and deer hunting in the afternoon. It was very impressive.

11. avatar Paul Mcmichael says:

I don’t know if he dives. Never asked him about that, but I know he does off shore fishing. That’s probably where the neoprene comes from. I do dive and it makes sense for firearms in certain applications. I have a Galco butt pack (not black, that screams GUN! to every L.E.O. and thug on the street) that securies the weapon and spare mag with neoprene. Carried it last week in the Keys. No one gave it a second glance.

12. avatar Jonathan-Houston says:

So we’re not even labeling the product placement articles as such, anymore? Nice. That’ll do wonders for site traffic.

13. avatar little horn says:

gotta be hard trying to make a living in the gun world right now, not much selling.

1. avatar neiowa says:

High School trap season in Iowa so lots of 12ga ammo selling.