Sonic Boom Gender Reveal Binary Exploding Targets Let You Say ‘It’s a Girl’ with a Bang

While strolling the aisles at Academy a couple days ago, I ran across these: pink and blue exploding targets by Sonic Boom. These special use packs contain one pound of binary target explosive (think Tannerite) and one pound of either pink or blue chalk.

The idea is to use the colored targets as the climax for your own unique “gender reveal” party. For those of you who prefer to find out if you’re having a boy or a girl the old fashioned way — when the baby is born — lots of expecting parents now choose to make a production of letting the world know the sex of their still-on-the-way baby. It’s apparently an excuse to have a party. Or something.

Anyway, the idea behind Sonic Boom’s pink and blue explosive is to let you gather your friends and family to announce your baby’s gender with a boom. I’m assuming pink is for girls and blue is for boys, but who knows. That might actually be insensitive.

If you or your spouse have a bun in the oven and want to ballistically tell your loved ones what you’re expecting, you can order yours here. Gender neutral options are also unavailable, of course.

We’ll be reviewing these, but please be patient. It may take a while. I switched my girlfriends birth control with a placebo, so give us a few months to get all our ducks in a row.

comments

1. avatar DrewR55 says:

Bahahahaha! I love it.

2. avatar CLarson says:

This is actually kinda cool. 🙂

3. avatar JasonM says:

They need to include a second unit to indicate what gender the fetus identifies as. 😀

1. avatar anonymoose says:

That’s why you get two and stack them.

4. avatar When Bullets Collide says:

Perfect for attention-whoring Facebook-addicted Millenials.

Especially the soon to be Helicopter Mom.

1. avatar gerbs says:

Lighten up Francis.

5. avatar anonymoose says:

What if it’s a tri-gendered polyblob?

6. avatar OmnivorousBeorn says:

Is there an option for “It’s Potentially a Rainbow Under A Waterfall”?

They should make a liquid explosive and call it “Gender Fluid.”

8. avatar Paul m says:

What next?! It is funny though. I’m not so old that knowing what color to paint the nursery ahead of time wasn’t possible, but we wanted a surprise. Katherine was, but a ill informed nurse let the cat out of the bag with John.

1. avatar Vic Nighthorse says:

Am I supposed to know who John and Katherine are?

1. avatar Matt in SC says:

Katherine was the nurse, John was obviously the cat.

9. avatar Paul m says:

Oh, I am old enough to remember sonic booms though. Kid in Florida during the Cuban missile crisis and cold war. Close proximity to Eglin A.F.B., Ft. Walton and Pensacola N.A.S. Sonic booms were a nearly an everyday occurrence during the 60’s. Last one I heard was years ago when the shuttle was coming in for a landing.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

” Last one I heard was years ago when the shuttle was coming in for a landing.”

Here are *six* sonic booms (two sets of three) at the same time, when the Falcon Heavy twin side boosters landed.

Booms for the landing legs, the steering grid fins, and the engine bells :

10. avatar Gralnok says:

I think it’s cute! Instead of popping a black balloon, we get to blow something up! Then again, it’s only logical, since any party involving firearms is going to be a blast. 😉

11. avatar Removed_californian says:

I’m appalled by the usage of binary explosives being used to further perpetuate the myth of the gender binary.

1. avatar Southern Cross says:

Under latest progressive “gender theory” genders are not assigned but are fluid according to cultural and societal influences.

When my absolutely identified as male son heard of this he laughed for hours that people would even think, much less believe, such things.

12. avatar Greg says:

Millennials & Liberals love this nonsense.

Is this a indicator of where this site is headed or just one bloggers folly……

1. avatar TrueRedhat says:

I would think having millennials excited about exercising their RTKABA was a good thing. That is unless you think shooting binary explosives is exclusively for drunk OFWGs.

1. avatar Windingo54 says:

As a millennial who supports the rtkaba and the constitution i totally agree. Lots of my like minded friends who have been blessed with children have used similar binary products for their gender reveal parties. Even as a single guy i like seeing someone use firearms responsibly and for fun to mark a major milestone in their lives. It only helps our cause imho….

1. avatar John B says:

I made a custom 5 pounder for my sons gender reveal. My wife was going to do something so I am glad I at least got to blow something up! I am as No Compromise as they come…

13. avatar Vic Nighthorse says:

It tells you what gender you are? I think I might get one and find out. It’ll help on applications and such.

14. avatar JawjaBoy says:

So THAT’S what a “gender reveal is? Funny, I thought that term meant the sort of act the Dekalb County (GA) Sheriff got arrested for, when the guy he “revealed his gender” to turned out to be an APD bike cop on patrol in the park.

The Sheriff defiantly claims what he did is “not a crime” somehow. Guess in his mind, it’s legal to “reveal” yourself in public now. (And yes, he’s still in office.)

15. avatar Mechanically says:

Love the idea! But, having researched effects of gunfire on prenatal people, I’d encourage you to be mindful of the one person present who is unable to don earpro…

Coming from a dad who cares.

16. avatar kahlil says:

Jerk statement, ” I switched my girlfriends birth control with a placebo”.

1. avatar luigi says:

I think that was a joke, not a statement

1. avatar Chris Heuss says:

I guess it wasn’t obvious to everyone lol.

17. avatar IdahoBoy says:

I want a purple one, not to celebrate gender neutrality, but just to blow up something purple.

18. avatar Michael S. says:

You can also buy a two pound Tannerite Target and the “dust” from Color Blaze. It’s actually dyed corn starch, completely biodegradable. We did that for our second child, due in June. Two pounds of Tannerite and 15 pounds of blue in the air.

19. avatar JD says:

I did this a couple years ago for my daughters best friends. We set 20 pounds of flour and 10 pounds of red chalkline chalk on top of 15 pounds of homemade binary and let the father to be shoot it. Looked like a massive Hollywood style pink mushroom cloud. Quite impressive.

20. avatar Hunter427 says:

Do they have one for my wife to hold to celebrate our up come divorce. Boom happy days