Unboxing The Walther PPQ Q4 TAC

(sponsored post) Walther’s PPQ Q4 TAC has already earned its share of attention. “Their PPQ pistols have won sales by dint of their superior (if funky looking) ergonomics, a trigger as crisp as a fresh head of iceburg lettuce,” TTAG’s RF wrote. Wouldn’t you like to know what’s included when you make a purchase like this?

The suppressor and optics ready PPQ Q4 TAC comes in its own foam-lined hard case, something worthy of carrying to the range (unlike a lot of other gun brands that skimp on their packaging).

A threaded barrel and alternative recoil spring allow you to attach a suppressor and start shooting quieter shots straight out of the box.

The magazines (three total), interchangeable backstraps, and versatile optics plates all have their dedicated spots inside the foam case, but the gun obviously takes centerstage. All the tools needed to exchange certain pieces are included, too.

You’ll be getting the quality ergonomic grip Walther is known for, plus what they calls “the best trigger on the market.” They can boast that claim because of their unique 5.6-pound initial trigger pull, and then a trigger reset of 0.1 inches on each follow up shot. It’s something you’ve got to experience before you fully get it, but it makes a big difference.

Now that you’ve seen what the Walther PPQ Q4 TAC has for the handgun owner, ask yourself: should I bring that box home?

comments

1. avatar GS650G says:

Bet it’s pricy.

1. avatar TheOperator says:

MSRP $749

2. avatar Matt(TX) says:

Does it come with the different sized back straps?

1. avatar TheOperator says:

It does my friend

Buy it, great gun!

3. avatar J says:

Please help save our 2nd Amendment rights. I need 49 more signatures so the petition can go on the main page. Would you please please pass the first link to others to we can get this petition on the main White House petition web page.

4. avatar TheOperator says:

There is TAC in the name, I am buying it!

5. avatar Chad says:

Too bad you lose the rear sight when you mount a red dot.

1. avatar Egghead says:

+1 That’s one thing stopping me from buying an optics ready gun LITSENING WALTHER WE WANT BUIS.

6. avatar ironicatbest says:

And another polymer framed pistol, great. Research polymers and the environment…..I’m not going to tell how many firearms I own but of the plethora only one has plastic, the grips, I’m kinda proud of my wood and steel in this age of plastic

1. avatar Cucamonga Jeff says:

That’s like being proud that you still have a rotary dial phone and you still read the paper every morning.

1. avatar ironicatbest says:

Polymers and the Environment. No you won’t find anything about your God Gunz in that research. So never mind

2. avatar tiger says:

You sound like my grandmother who refused to use a mircowave. She made me drive her to the bank weekly rather than go to a ATM. I used to share the love of wood & steel. Then my eyes opened and realized I no longer needed a boat anchor in my pants.

7. avatar jwtaylor says:

Shot the heck out of it at SHOT and dug it. Just got one in to review. Look for it later this month/early April.

8. avatar Max says:

I don’t understand why so many manufacturers make threaded barrel pistols without suppressor height sights. I’m not going to buy a suppressor ready gun that I immediately have to put new sights on just to shoot.

9. avatar Specialist38 says:

It is nice to have options. These option are just not for me.

Walther build some pretty good stuff……for people that have hands and like for their tools to feel good in them.