Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Sticky Situation? [MUSIC]

Mark's everydaycarry.com pocket dump

Mark’s everydaycarry.com pocket dump features one them sticky holster thingies. (Note: not an actual Sticky Holster. A Desantis Nemesis.)  I love ’em! In theory. In practice, on my hip, not so much. Like Winston Churchill . . .

I can’t stand anything [non-human] touching my nether regions that isn’t silk. Well, in my case, Tommy John’s “distractionless” fabric.

Which makes me either a sticky holster pocket carry dude or outside-the-waistband EDC guy. What about you? Do you purposely put yourself into a sticky situation when you tool-up, so to speak?

comments

1. avatar Hannibal says:

I find that holster to work well but I also have a clip (not a magazine) on the .380 I use it with so I don’t have to worry about it moving.

2. avatar Rusty Chains says:

I can see using that little corner holster for a MAG, but for the last year-and-a-half I have used the free Pocket holster that came with my lcp2. It is starting to show some wear but functions just fine. Other than that I go IWB, but I usually wear an under shirt to keep the gun separate from my sweaty body, that protects my skin from the gun, and the guns finish from my skin.

3. avatar Tom of Toms says:

Sticky Holster has worked great for me for multiple guns and multiple positions. I go entire days chasing critters and playing in the dirt and braving the urban jungle to watch the wife shop with never a thought to the friction-holstered gun in my waistband. It is always still there when I get home. The material has never bothered me a bit either, but I do put 60 grit sandpaper on my automatics and treat lotion like it is acid.

4. avatar Geoff PR says:

Never used one, might have to try me a ‘sticky’ holster one day.

Anyways…

Damn.

I wish I could afford to spend over 200 bucks for a week’s worth of underwear.

Until then, 100 percent cotton for this boy…

5. avatar Kahlil says:

Sticky Holster for my Px4 Compact, but it rides small of back and occasionally off-body.

6. avatar Mystickal says:

Looks like a Desantis Nemesis, not a Sticky Holster. Used to use one for my XD-S until Springfield became a company I no longer cared to rely on.

7. avatar Larry says:

I agree , Desantis pocket holster.

8. avatar Mark N. says:

Since I always wear a Tshirt and an overshirt, these do not work for me. I had a Remora “all in one” that was a terrible belt holster, but after I cut off the straps it made an excellent pocket holster. My one issue with these soft holster is that when worn IWB, the mouth of the holster does not stay open for reholstering.

9. avatar Bloving says:

Sticky? Sure – if I wasn’t a pig-headed I’ll-do-it-myself type. As it is, my evening will be spent working on a new leather pocket holster for my summer gun because I refuse to just go buy one.
    🤠

10. avatar TexTed says:

Sticky Holsters are fantastic. I have probably four of ’em for various guns. They’re ideal for pocket carry, and work for IWB too.

11. avatar Joleolsen says:

I may or may not own and/or carry any firearms, but I do ALWAYS have a Desantis pocket holster in one pocket and a NeoMag magnetic magazine holder in the other.

12. avatar ironicatbest says:

Uh, I have a hole in my pocket soes I can play with my gun, a holster might ruin the effect.

13. avatar raptor jesus says:

I love using the nemesis inside the breast pocket of a jacket with a very small pistol like an LCP or P238 or 950 Jetfire.

14. avatar Kreeblen'Krag says:

Have actual Sticky holsters for G26 and G19/G23. I use them around the house — very comfortable. Not sure how well they would stay put if I had to run, so I go with a more “conventional” IWB when I’m out and about.