Why We Need The Second Amendment: A Looney Tunes Cartoon Explains

Why We Need The Second Amendment: A Looney Tunes' Cartoon Explains

The 1959 Looney Tunes episode titled Mexicali Shmoes exemplifies why the 2nd Amendment is of such importance when it comes to equality for all. The episode shows the usual wacky adventures of the titular character Speedy Gonzales . . .

In this case two Mexican alley cats named Jose and Manuel are giving him chase and constantly failing due to Speedy Gonzales being able to outrun them. The show introduces Speedy Gonzales’ cousin; Slow Poke Rodriguez. Who happens to be the slowest mouse in all of Mexico. Yet somehow Slow Poke Rodriguez is able to stay alive and not be eaten by Jose the cat.

On an adult level, this shows that Speedy Gonzales is able to beat his attackers because he is faster and stronger than his attackers. He has the benefits of age, health, and genetics at his advantage. Slow Poke Rodriguez is slow, weak, and an easy mark.

In the world of the gun grabbers you have two choices: fight off your attackers with your bare hands or call the police and hope they arrive soon enough to save you, your family and other innocent life. But as The People of the Gun know already, waiting for the police to save you isn’t a reliable strategy. You might even call it a Hail Mary.

Slow Poke Rodriguez equalizes his faults with Speedy Gonzales’ physical traits by carrying a revolver to defend himself. No different than a senior citizen or someone that happens to be smaller and weaker would carry to defend themselves.

As shown, Slow Poke Rodriguez walks out of his home, is suddenly attacked and what does he do? He defends himself with a gun. No different than my 64-year-old father today. He might be older, weaker, and slower due to age. But he is still dangerous and can defend himself.

Carrying a firearm is all about equalizing what nature has made unequal.

The 2nd Amendment is all about creating a level playing field. It gives strength to the weak to fend off violent attacks from criminals and gives We The People the ability to fend off violent government from usurping rights and liberties. What’s not to love?

comments

1. avatar Joe R. says:

“In the world of the gun grabbers you have two choices: . . .”

In the world of the gun grabbers you have one choice: How much collateral damage you do to eradicate the MFs.

AND, while “Speedy” and his cousin would likely be a set of charred remains in an unmarked grave near the U.S. border in a cartel-run town in Mexico, the 2nd Amendment is there to help you defend against your stupid ahole neighbors, OF WHATEVER FING STRIPE, who need a job, ask to “serve”, ‘work’ for government, usurp greater authority, and try to oppress you. Then you use “arms” up to and including invoking the ALMIGHTY to smite them and theirs and let the wind scatter their ashes.

2. avatar Toni says:

1000000% spot on

3. avatar Shire-man says:

Yeah, but the Looney Tunes cartoon is racist and the desert island cartoon is sexist so any points made are nullified.

1. avatar MiserableBastard says:

Virtue signal received.

1. avatar Kyle says:

I think he was kidding guys.

2. avatar Old Fur Trapper says:

Are you really that moronic to suggest that this was an issue of race and thereby had no value? Don’t call 911 for anything. I’m quite sure their response, if any, won’t be suitable for you! Hopefully they won’t respond!

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Sarcasm.

Google it.

4. avatar Dog of War says:

Yeah, but the problem with trying to explain this to the left that they’ll be too busy autistic screeching about cultural approbation or ‘digital black face’ to understand the message.

1. avatar Setnakhte says:

Then point out that the person citing said cartoon has the name Valdez. Sit back and watch their heads explode.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

Yeah, but he’s white-Hispanic.

5. avatar LKB says:

Ah yes, “Slow Poke Rodriguez” . . . you don’t see many Speedy Gonzalez cartoons any more, but I suspect Warner Brothers would definitely like to bury this particular one (much like Disney buried “Song of the South” for years).

Anyway, speaking of now-politically incorrect cartoon characters from long ago with guns:

1. avatar jwm says:

I’m old enough to remember when the Frito Bandito was a new thing. It stirred a storm way back then. Which is why it didn’t last long.

1. avatar tsbhoa.p.jr says:

many of us had rubber frito bandito erasers on our pencils in jr. high. and refrains of “aye yai yai aye” accompanied every appearance of our latino pals.

2. avatar Wzrd says:

What was racist about that?

6. avatar John Thayer says:

In today’s politically correct climate, that ‘toon would be called out for being “rayciss”. 😋

7. avatar guidoc says:

Yeah, but if I ever get into Cowboy Action Shooting , “Slowpoke Rodriguez” is gonna be my alias.

1. avatar anonymoose says:

I just checked on SASS.com for anyone already using that alias. Looks like you’re good to go!

1. avatar guidoc says:

It’s an Alias and an excuse.

I’m to old to start up in a new game, so someone, please, use it.

8. avatar michael says:

thanks….now I am watching speedy gonzales cartoons…..lol

9. avatar S.Crock says:

Something I have noticed a lot by the younger generation (my generation) is the notion that you are a pussy if you carry a gun. This is probably just a sad attempt to deflect the fact that they are in denial about their vulnerability. The claim is that if you need a gun it is overcompensating for a micro penis and that you just can’t defend yourself with fists or less than lethal tools like a man or strong independent woman could.

1. avatar foobar says:

Meanwhile in the real world… they wouldn’t stand a chance against anyone of moderate physicality; like say… a highschool athlete

2. avatar Joe R. says:

Thankfully, except for a % of the 1% in the military, you’re (collectively) not counted on for a lot. Think of it this way, your metro-sexual generation is wrecking Canada.

C A N A D A ! ! !

1. avatar MiserableBastard says:

Well said

3. avatar TexTed says:

Due in large part because they grew up with the only President they knew being a beta-male, Barack Obama, who chose to “lead from behind”.

Give ’em a few years of the Trumphole and let’s see how their attitude changes.

1. avatar SparkyInWI says:

Sorry but Trump is a terrible role model as a leader. He dodged the draft, he lies more than a Dem even, he is a multiple adulterer, he probably is guilty of sexual harassment at a min, he steals and cheat folks out of their money…. too much more to list. He has no honor or integrity. Trump is out for Trump and Trump only. Mind you all politicos are but he more than any before him. Reagan wanted nothing to do with Trump, he knew garbage when he saw it.

1. avatar Scoutino says:

And yet he’s still hundred times better than HRC!

10. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I remember watching those cartoons as a kid.
    It also reminded me of this song from the Dr. Demento show.
    “Irving, the 142nd fastest gun in the West.”

11. avatar Bkbear says:

I’ve just had a leg amputated and use a prosthetic and cane to get around so let those morons say I’m “compensating for a missing leg”. I carry everyday even at home as my one stepson is a criminal and all his friends are criminals. I do NOT intend to go quietly in to that good night but will wage sudden death on anyone who attacks me or my family.

12. avatar Gary says:

Remember Grand Funk Railroad? An American Band…

Don’t Let Em Take Your Guns – 1976

13. avatar TexTed says:

Why do you have a fire extinguisher? Are you planning on setting some fires? Or is it because you want to play ‘firefighter’? Or you want to look like you’re a hero or something? No? You say “It’s because my house could catch on fire and I want to save it”?

Well that’s exactly why I carry what I carry on my hip. It is a “criminal extinguisher.” I have no intention of playing cop or wanna-be hero, but if a criminal breaks out on me…

1. avatar TX_Lawyer says:

“Are you planning on setting some fires?” Next question please.

14. avatar Specialist38 says:

Been a while since I have seen a Star PD…..carry on.

1. avatar Rokurota says:

With no rear sight!

15. avatar ironicatbest says:

I always hoped the cat would catch speedy Gonzales. ,and Tom and Jerry, I was was rooting for Tom, I don’t like mice. Popeye hoe ha, now that was a PC incorrect fantastic. ” Your a sap mister Jap”,,. ” Goonie Island” ,,. the goat that ate the ship, Popeye blew the shit outta stuff. FUUUUUK Pokie Man

1. avatar The Rookie says:

Popeye was great, except for that gawd-awful “The All New Popeye Hour” of the late 1970s. No fighting or violence at all, really lame stories.

It was almost, but not quite, as lame as a short-lived cartoon around that same time that took old King Features Syndicate characters like Alley Oop, etc., and turned it into a socially-conscious “issue of the week” cartoon equivalent of Lou Grant. I still remember the episode where Brunhilde the Witch has to come to terms with her drinking problem.

No, I did not make that up.

2. avatar Just Joe says:

Anybody remember “Officer Joe Bolton” (NYPD) hosting the Popeye Cartoon Hour in the late ’60’s? Used to be lots of good cartoons on TV after school then. Looney Tunes, Bugs, Daffy, Woody…most with classical music sound tracks…Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit……..No!…It’s Duck Season!

16. avatar MCQ says:

March 5, 1836: “God Created Men and Sam Colt Made Them Equal!”

17. avatar Ben says:

Everyone needs to remember; the Left = NWO. No logic behind their “ideas”, just part of the selling of the plan.