Arsenal RS-1 Revolver Knife at SHOT Show 2018

Arsenal RS-1

Holding six rounds of .22 Short in an internal cylinder, the Arsenal RS-1 lets you bring a knife-gun to any flavor of fight. While it’ll run you as much as $2,499 (plus a $5 Any Other Weapon NFA tax) to snag one of the last ones available, there are few more interesting ways to add insult to grievous injury.

Rotating a lock on the trigger bar causes the trigger to flick down out of the frame. Squeezing it back into the frame runs the internal revolver double action — it advances the cylinder and fires the next shot.

There’s no shortage of interesting features on the RS-1, but the spike on the guard may top the list. It’s there so the operator doesn’t accidently wrap their thumb over the top and put it in front of the barrel. For obvious reasons. It’s really freaking sharp and would definitely get your attention.

Unfortunately we don’t foresee a TTAG review of the RS-1 in our future. But, if you have a spare couple grand laying around, it’s a unique collector’s item of which there are only a few hundred in existence. Arsenal said there won’t be more and when their remaining stock is gone, they’re gone for good.

comments

1. avatar guidoc says:

I’ll stick with my WASP Injection Knife.

1. avatar skoon says:

Ive seen vids of those. Wicked knife. Worth the $$ in your opinion?

1. avatar Guidotalk says:

I was kidding. Gimmick knives are not for me. Besides a basic Leatherman, my EDC knife is a G.W. Hawk D.O.G.

1. avatar skoon says:

Bummer dude ive always wanted to hear some first hand accounts of the wasp

2. avatar BlazinTheAmazin says:

It’s cool. I want one. But not for $2500……

Who knows though, it may actually go up in value seeing as there are so few.

3. avatar BLoving says:

This looks… very familiar… are we sure this is new? So help me, I could swear I’ve seen this knick knack before and a long time ago… tiny spike over the muzzle and all…
    🤠

1. avatar BLoving says:

Ah-ha! Gotcha!
      Obscure Object of Desire: Arsenal RS-1 Knife/Revolver – The Truth About Guns
      The GRAD Knife Gun – Guns.com

2. avatar Jeremy S. says:

Who said anything about it being new?

4. avatar Defens says:

It had to be said, but this truly does answer the age-old question about bringing a knife to a gun fight.

1. avatar BLAMMO says:

Actually, you’re bringing a gun to a knife fight. As you should.

1. avatar VaqueroJustice says:

I see you’ve played knifey gunny before.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

“…this truly does answer the age-old question about bringing a knife to a gun fight.”

“It’s both! It’s a floor wax! It’s a dessert topping! It’s *Shimmer*…”

5. avatar LarryinTX says:

What’s the matter with you guys? I’d give $24.99 for that in a minute. OOoops. I may have gotten that wrong.

1. avatar BlazinTheAmazin says:

Honestly, I’d buy it at $250 all day long especially since the AOW transfer is only $5 but that price is truly outrageous.

My buddy is part owner of D3 (check out their videos from SHOT on youtube) and he is pretty damn handy in his shop. I wonder if we could possibly whip one up ourselves.

1. avatar TruthTellers says:

The price is high because as it is an AOW, they know they’re not going to sell a lot of them. So, it’s not a mass production gun, probably done by high labor toolmakers on manual machines.

6. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

And I thought that sliding bayonet was a dumb idea…

7. avatar Southern Cross says:

A solution looking for a problem?

Or “just because”.

8. avatar Hannibal says:

Okay, someone from the company please tell us how much engineer time and money was spent on this. I’m not judging, I’m just curious… and wondering how many they would need to sell to break even or if this is basically a marketing shot.

9. avatar ironicatbest says:

Wonder if a 22 short will shoot the bayonet loose ,least you wouldn’t get as much guts blowed back on you

10. avatar Gary says:

Soon to be a museum piece. One of the most lame things I’ve seen. They’ll be 96 of them and they’ll be worth 100,000 each and no one will know why.

11. avatar Chris Heuss says:

It needs a pistol brace!

12. avatar Gralnok says:

Well, I for one, think it’s a nifty little gun. Not worth the price, I’m not convinced any .22lr gun is worth that amount of money, but if you have the cash, and want to spend it on something trivial but conversation starting, I suppose you could do worse.

I would also make it in a more powerful caliber. I don’t care if it only gets a single shot, a bigger caliber, like .380, 9mm, would be ideal. Maybe with some slight design tweaks it could use .22 magnum. A good idea, from my view. Hope someone does something with it.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

22 Mag, maybe, but there’s no way you’re going above that without sacrificing the mechanism and going towards single shot or something. And while you said you wouldn’t mind that, they’ve been done. I have a feeling this was built specifically because it had not been done before.

2. avatar Aaron says:

it’s not even .22 LR, it’s .22 short! That about like an air rifle!

13. avatar Joe Grine says:

Waiting for the “Maybe if it comes in 10mm” comment….

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

But does it take Glock mags?

2. avatar Aaron says:

10mm? No. But definitely not .22 short. Maybe .22 LR.

3. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

That blade would do more damage than even a 10mm slug, let alone a .22 short.

14. avatar Lucas D. says:

Eh, if someone can walk off getting stabbed with a big-ass knife like that, I doubt 6 rounds of .22 short would do much to wreck his day, either.

If that does end up happening, though, make sure to get his Cyberdyne model number before he puts his fist through your torso.

15. avatar Specialist38 says:

Curio….cool toy to collect.

16. avatar Aaron says:

.22 short?! Does .22 short even count as a “gun”?

a .22 short has approximately 1/2 the energy of a .22 LR…

17. avatar Dave says:

If you don’t think that a .22 short is “even counted as a gun”, shoot your arm or leg with it, like it is a stun gun. You may change your mind. This Arsenal knife/gun is the ultimate gadget gun and if you think it is “Lame things”, then I wonder why you even opened this web article. You opened it because it is a friggin cool piece of engineering and design. But, then again, most people are too cheap to give it the value that it deserves.