New from Okay Industries: Surefeed E2 Magazine

Okay has been making Ok magazines for awhile. They’re widely used by the military, law enforcement and other civilian shooters. Okay’s set to release an upgraded version of their already quality aluminum magazine . . .

The new Surefeed E2 magazine features textured side panels for added grip, new low friction lips that improve alignment and dramatically reduce the effort needed to feed rounds, and a self lubricating follower.

For slightly less information head over to Surefeed’s website here. We’ll be testing these magazines to make sure they’re OK. OK?

comments

1. avatar Uh-huh says:

what’s wrong with magpul P mags?

1. avatar anonymoose says:

You can’t store them loaded for 10 years and expect reliability?

1. avatar Tdubbs says:

From my research, you can if you pop a feed lip cover on them.

2. avatar BigDaveinVT says:

You can’t get them from Optics Planet (however that may be a feature not a bug).

1. avatar Uh-huh says:

Magpul p mags for sale at Cabelas for $12

3. avatar Nanashi says:

Ribbing makes them thicker, which limits compatibility with a lot of guns these work fine in. Also presents problems with double mag pouches. Emags will fix that, but good luck finding them. Pmag weighs more too.

1. avatar Guest says:

No it doesn’t

4. avatar CS says:

P-mags are heavier than quality aluminum mags from C-products or Okay Industries.

2. avatar Hank says:

Get em before they’re banned. Thought I had a few more years before we had to worry about that again.

1. avatar JS says:

Im buying another 10 right now.

3. avatar Philthegardner says:

OK really is OK. I love ‘ em. And they seem to last a lot longer than polymer. Mind you I have plastic, aluminum and even steel. But metal just seems more… durable.

4. avatar Mort says:

This is an industry just as susceptible to fads and aesthetic trends and “shiny new sparkly” as any other industry… maybe even a wee bit more.

As soon as PMAGs started becoming utilitarian, and ubiquitous, and universally adopted… this tilted the see-saw enough for it to eventually begin swinging back towards “what is old is new again.” All it’s gonna take is an aesthetically cool techno-looking aluminum magazine for the neo-GI standard to make a trendy comeback. Maybe this is it… maybe this is a precursor.

They sure look cool and sharp– almost a Lancer-like aesthetic on a GI slab. The blue follower was the right choice. PMAGs are here to stay until the next genuine innovation, but these shiny new metal mags will have their encore, whether this brand or another.

Be safe.

PS- kinda want

5. avatar Smitty says:

People like Troy Industries lost millions when Magpul bright out the Pmag. Ask me how I know, military near West Springfield MA at the time. One or two months makes all the difference. The UK saw the Pmag for what it was, the best on the market. That makes people like Troy a day late & a dollar short.
    They haven’t fully recovered from it yet.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

That, and that they hired the Ruby Ridge ATF shooter as a lead guy.

6. avatar Smitty says:

OKAY brand mags we’re USMC approved are just barely that ok.
    There’s a reason why the USMC & AF both like Pmags.

1. avatar Arc says:

I just got out of the USMC a few years ago, (still on reserve time) and non-issued gear is at unit commander discretion. My unit banned all non-issued gear, then finally backed off a little from the asshatery and allowed custom daybags. Some idiotic policies resulted in people spraypainting brand new bags black, or wrapping their issued sweater around it. Some of the bags looked ridiculous and I still have the pics!

Seriously, there is no shortage of bullshit in the branches, the only good reason to enlist anymore is to get a foot in the door for private sector work, where you and your property just might actually get a little respect.

7. avatar Smitty says:

Okay Industries had the chance in the 90’s to shape their fortune. They were “the standard” when Magpul was just making the Magpul pull tabs for USGI magazines. They are a couple days late and several million dollars short by now.

8. avatar Smitty says:

USGI MC Green followers used to be the gold standard and that isn’t the case anymore says USMC & AF contracts. Not to mention all of the UK.

1. avatar arc says:

The green followers were and still are shit. The brown followers are improved against tilting and such, but I still want my Pmags. When I got an AR10, guess what I got for it? yep, P-mags. It even came with three P-mags 🙂

9. avatar Alexander B. says:

The feed lips bend too easily causing feeding issues.. how often does this happen? Often enough that all my coworkers and I call them POS. Stick with traditional PMAGs or Lancers with the reinforced steel feed lips.

10. avatar Muhmawsur says:

Wow you learn something new everyday. Apparently according to the comments , ARs were never reliable until the Pmag came out due to everything else being shit mag wise. So does this mean AK fan boys are right and AR reliability issues did persist after the Vietnam era ballpowder/cleaning kits debacle? So ARs have only truly reached good reliability in the past few years due to all the money pit operator parts and unobtainium grade quality Pmags?

1. avatar Southern Cross says:

I never had an issue with any of my Colt brand 20-round magazines or the Cooper Industries branded 30-round magazine.

1. avatar Joe R. says:

I was issued aluminum mags of many flavors in Iraq. All the green followers jammed terribly, spent beau·coup bucks buying MagPul (yellow) no tilt followers for my guys to trade them out (kept same old springs) and no more jammy-poo.

Lot’s of dust and rough handling, and way way way far fewer jams.

11. avatar TP says:

Like to pick up a few of those.

12. avatar James69 says:

I got some mags from Palmetto State Armory. Grey followers. About $8? I think. Have worked great. D&H made maybe? Ultra light weight and are coated with something. Sorry don’t know all the mumbo Jumbo. I just know they feed.

13. avatar J_cobbers says:

So Ok Industries looked at their product and said, hey we could use a good ribbing? There’s another joke about being ribbed that I could make but I’m not going to, I’m sure you all can figure it out.