New from CZ: Supreme Field Shotgun

CZ shotguns are beautiful, perfectly constructed and priced to go. I own two: a 612 ( whose review was deemed too sexual for publishing) and a 712. I haven’t had any interest in acquiring an over-under shotgun. Until now . ..

The CZ Supreme Field is a high grade production gun. The stock and forehand are stunning Grade A Turkish Walnut. It isn’t a bespoke smooth bore but it sure feels like it.

The CZ’s one piece receiver is polished nickel chrome, hand cut deep relief engraved. It’s not Otto Carter-level engraving but what is?

The receiver has enough blank space for some custom work, maybe your name or family crest. Do people still have family crests?

The CZ Supreme Field is available in 12, 20 and 28 gauge. With an MSRP of $1699, the shotgun’s not cheap. But quality never is and you can pay more and get less.  Review to follow — once I hide my credit card.

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

1699 is not over priced for a cz with that wood on it.

2. avatar Madcapp says:

That’s probably the best buy in 2 barrel shotguns, and under/over is better architecture than side-by-side. But a shotgun is so limited in its usefulness, that I can’t justify spending more than say $400 for one. You can have all the fancy engraving, and all the curled burled wood you want. In the end. its still a 2 shot shotgun. This CZ is what those silly people who buy $150,000 English shotguns should have bought instead, then spent the money on a car that gets to 60 in less than 4 seconds. Or lots of hookers and booze.

1. Madcapp – Hey!!! Stop criticizing Trump and his sons and Reopen ||9|| like he promised. …and the “LOCK HER UP!!!’ lies too. The Laws are for US only.

1. avatar neiowa says:

Hey demtardunderground is missing its village idiot can you get back over there?

2. avatar Chris Heuss says:

That is all true. My CZ612 with quick change barrels costs a lot less than the Supreme Field and can do more. A basic pump gun holds more ammo, and can be treated roughly without worry. Buying something like this is like buying art. You don’t need it but it’s nice to have. When I get a nice OU it will be for collection purposes.

3. avatar skoon says:

A shotgun has limted usefullness? A shotgun is by far the most utile and vetsatile firearm of all time. From tiny bitd shot so 400+ grain slugs theres almost nothing you cant do with a good shot gun. Unlike say a 150k car that does 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds which doesnt matter cause the speed limit is 70mph and you get to the grocery store at the same time as the guy in the f150 but he has better storage space.

3. avatar dph says:

I don’t have much use for an O/U, but that wood is beautiful. Any gun with wood like that gets 2 thumbs up from me.

4. avatar Al Bondigas says:

Thanks for giving the price, but it would also be nice to know the 1) barrel length, 2) drop at comb and heel, 3) length of pull, and 4) weight. These are the figures that really matter to shotgunners/clay sports enthusiasts. Hopefully they’ll be included in the followup review. However, even without these numbers I’m tempted to buy one just to celebrate the fact that it isn’t yet another piece of godawful plastitacticrap.

1. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Al, here’s some numbers I found for you, for the 12ga version:

Barrel length: 28″
      LOP: 14.5″
      Drop at comb: 1 3/8″
      Drop at heel: 2 1/4″
      Weight: 7.9 lbs.

I like to know additional question: Inertia or mechanical trigger, back-bored or note, chrome bores or not, ejector/extractor, chamber length. With this in mind, here’s more info:

– Ejector
      – Mechanical trigger, selectable for which barrel fires first,
      – Max 3″ shells (in the 12ga)
      – safety is on the tang

I can’t find any info on back-boring or chrome bores.

1. avatar Al Bondigas says:

Thanks, DG. Mechanical trigger is good! 2 more inches of barrel and 4 or 5 more ounces of weight and it’ll be just about perfect for any of the clays games. Definitely worth a try!

5. avatar Scoutino says:

Pretty. Relatively inexpensive. But most likely made in Turkey. (I couldn’t find this info here or on Cz-Usa site.