New From Walther: PPQ SC (Sub-Compact 9mm Pistol)

TTAG awarded its highest accolade to the Walther PPQ in .45 and the PPQ M2 (5″ Slide). Both guns offer five-star ergonomics, reliability and accuracy. The PPQ could well have the best out-of-the-box polymer striker-fired handgun trigger money can buy. So Walther’s new 10 round (15 wth extended grip spare mag) PPQ SC Sub-Compact pistol is bound to be . . .

an unimpeachable choice for concealed carry. Especially as it sports the Walther’s Quick Defense trigger. With a bit of luck we’ll shoot it at SHOT today. But a review is in the works. Meanwhile, here’s the presser and pics of the plenty pricey pistol ($649 MSRP):

Walther PPQ Subcompact with friends (courtesy

FORT SMITH, Ark. – -( Walther Arms, Inc. is proud to announce the newest member of the PPQ family, the PPQ M2 Sub-Compact (part number – 2815249).

The new Sub-Compact features the signature Walther ergonomics plus the fantastic Quick Defense trigger, which has a 5.6 pound trigger pull and smooth audible resets. For maximum versatility, the PPQ SC comes with one ten round magazine, and one fifteen round magazine.

The included fifteen round magazine has a grip extension sleeve that provides control and ergonomics similar to the full-size PPQ. This will increase accuracy downrange while offering the advantages of a versatile carry/training platform.

The PPQ SC also features replaceable backstraps in both small and large sizes. The overall length is 6.6” and has an empty magazine weight of 21.2 ounces.

The 9mm Luger barrel is 3.5” long and features polygonal rifling with 1:10” twist. The slide features front and rear serrations for easy manipulation and is outfitted with polymer 3 dot target sights. The rear sight is adjustable for windage.

Like all PPQ’s the slide stop lever is ambidextrous and the magazine release button can easily change sides for left handed shooters. The PPQ SC is backed by Walther’s lifetime warranty and dedication to technical expertise.

The new PPQ Sub Compact will begin shipping immediately. There are also several accessories available for the new SC, a 10 round flush fitting magazine, a 10 round magazine with finger extension, and a 15 round sub-compact magazine with grip extension sleeve.

“We are very happy to deliver this new and highly requested addition the PPQ family,” said Luke Thorkildsen, VP of Marketing & Product Development of Fort Smith-based Walther Arms, Inc.

The MSRP is $649.

Walther PPQ Sub-Compact Pistol Left Side

Walther Arms

About Walther Arms

Walther is the premier provider of personal protection and recreational firearms of various calibers ranging from .22 to .45. With a vast devotion for continued innovation and customer focus in a fast growing industry, Walther Arms engineers products that are Built for Life. Follow and Subscribe to Walther Arms online:,,,, and

1. avatar tiger says:

Kinda overlaps some products in the catalog already. But cool…..

1. avatar BLoving says:

I’d say it fills a niche: higher capacity than the PPS, still has the superb PPQ trigger, and some folks just cant wrap their heads around the CCP… should do well.

1. avatar anonymoose says:

It’s a replacement for the P99C. Now they’re closer to discontinuing the P99 line.

2. avatar Brian Walters says:

Great and after I just bought the PPS M2 for concealed carry they release this 4 months later.

1. avatar magnumsteele says:

Id be curious what you think of the trigger. I got a PPS M2 as well and im waiting on its return from walther service dept. because that trigger is a rough gritty dissapointment.

3. avatar TommyJay says:

Shoulda used a paddle release.

1. avatar Sean K says:

Agreed. Hope they get one together with the M1 variant. Would complement my PPQ M1 .40 very well and would allow me to carry the gun I am most familiar with year round regardless of weather

2. avatar magnumsteele says:

I agree as well. Its arrival is too late after getting my vp9sk months ago. My ppq 5″ is great and has a slightly better trigger, but required retraining to not accidentally drop the mag with that large release button, makes me wonder when drawing this IWB. I now prefer the paddle release, charge handles, and meprolight night sights with 3 mags on the LE version got at the same price as this msrp. Still waiting on the extended magazines though. Let the comparison videos begin

4. avatar Corodon says:

Nice… basically a double-stack PPS with a rail. Too bad it’s not at the PPS price point though.

5. avatar Cucamonga Jeff says:

It’s the baby PPQ essentially. I need it. There are days I would carry standard size PPQ.

6. avatar Baldwin says:

Come on Walther and HK…10 rounds of 9mm in a pistol this size and weight is a NO-GO! Your customer has deliberately chosen a concealed weapon that has more size and weight than a multitude of single stack handguns in order to gain in-hand magazine capacity and and you short them 2 rounds…why?

1. avatar BLoving says:

I think the point is: you choose the size of magazine to stuff in it as you see fit. Want a smaller profile for concealment? Use the 10-rounder. Want more capacity/longer grip? Use the full-size. I like that kind of versatility.

7. avatar Jay in Florida says:

What is going on here??? There isn’t a single new plastic compact gun out there doesn’t have aggressive stippling on the frame itself.
    For some one like myself who has to carry IWB and can’t wear an undundergarment all these new compacts are useless . So Walther is another company to scratch off my potential list. I’m 0 for 2 so far last was the new M&P 2.0 compact. Good gun but the stippling on that one is very aggressive.

1. avatar Taylor says:

Yeah, no. If I have any complaint about my PPQ it’s the lack of anything remotely aggressive on the grip.
      You need to put one in your hands. This may be your jam precisely because of the fairly lame stippling.

1. avatar Jay in Florida says:

I will defiantly have to put my hands on this one. If I can get more then 2 fingers on the stock grip. The stippling doesn’t look anywhere near as aggressive as the S&W 2.0s. That’s for me, one painful gun to carry IWB here in Florida. As my normal everyday wear is a t shirt and jeans.

2. avatar Scoutino says:

Plastic is easy to file or sand down. Five minutes with a piece of emery cloth can save your skin.

8. avatar MiserableBastard says:

Meh, since I already have a Walther P99c AS in 9mm with paddle release.

9. avatar NYC2AZ says:

I carry my full size PPQ as my edc during the winter months. This may be a future replacement for my G30 that I carry during the summer.

10. avatar Specialist38 says:

What happened to the P99 shorty?

Looks like a cross between the P99 compact and the HK VP9SK.

It will sell, I imagine.

11. avatar LKB says:

If the trigger on this is as good as the PPQ M2, I think my EDC G26 is gonna get replaced . . . .

12. avatar ironicatbest says:

Fck Walther, they went to shit when they jumped on the polymer band wagon.

1. avatar tiger says:

You are also a hater of car air bags and microwave ovens no doubt?

13. avatar B-Rad says:

So its much bigger, in every measurable way, than the new Sig P365, is more expensive, doesn’t come with night sights. So, it solves the problem of the old M&P Compact, FNS Compact, P320 SC, except for lots more money.

14. avatar Charlie says:

Yet another Polymer Striker-Fired Handgun. I am so impressed that I just can’t stand it. lol

1. avatar tiger says: