New from ERGO: MAST System Gun Holder Thingie

The deluge of pre-SHOT Show press releases has left me a little “creative.” I To wit: I started this one attempting to tie the word “MASTER” to actor Alan Bates. As Richard Nixon claimed to have muttered to John Dean, we could do that . . . but it would be wrong. So I’ll just say you’ve got to hand it to grip specialists ERGO for creating a new kind of vice. If you know what I mean. Oh and cogito ergo sum?

1. avatar JasonM says:

What possible use is this thing? It’s just extra weight on the frame when cleaning a gun. The magazine-like insert might be useful on its own, if you ever need to lock the frame into a table vise to punch out a tight pin or something. But the stand part is completely useless for cleaning. When cleaning a frame, I hold it so I can rotate it and pivot it to clean all the nooks and crannies. If it was on this stand, I’d have to move my body into odd positions around the frame to get the same angle. I doubt I’m unusual in that regard.
    I’d sooner buy a magazine mounted bayonet. At least that has some comical value.

2. avatar Ing says:

All they need is to offer a mast rebate, and I’ll be on board. (Ha!)

3. avatar Stephen M says:

Maybe I’m just weird but I normally clean my guns on a towel sitting on my bed. Never felt a need to hold my gun more securely. Even when I detail stripped my 1911, I was driving out pins while holding the gun and punch and swinging a hammer. It’s called grip strength, man up a bit

4. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I’ll be happy to wait for our resident gunsmith to comment on the potential utility of this thing, but I’m not seeing it.

5. avatar Nanashi says:

I thought this was for display, not gunsmithing.

6. avatar ironicatbest says:

Some companys can really come up with ideas. Reminds me of an old timer telling me about fishing lures” them are for catching fishermen, not fish.” …@ Nanashi, I’ve been reading your post here, and you certainly are a long winded person. LOL/ sarc

7. avatar Porkchop says:

At least as useful as a Chia pet.

8. avatar Tex Pat says:

At first, I thought it was some sort of gun lock.

1. avatar MyName says:

Not a clock, not a lock, its a Glock Stock Chock Block!

1. avatar Uncle Bobo says: