New from Concepts Laboratory: Liberty MkIX Polymer 80% 1911 Frame

Liberty MkIX 80% 1911

Press release: USA, NV, Las Vegas – Freedom Concepts Laboratory, a new player in the firearms industry, has brought something new and exciting with them to the 2018 SHOT Show. The Liberty line of 80% polymer 1911 frame kits is a unique new alternative for those who want to build a feature rich, custom 1911, without the hefty price tag normally associated with such projects.

Developed by Foxtrot Mike Products Inc, the Liberty frames accept standard 1911 slides, magazines, and internal parts.

Representing a reEVOLUTION of the 1911 platform, the frame is made from a proprietary blend of long strand, glass filled polymer that is the strongest available on the market today. Safely and accurately manufactured into a complete receiver with a reusable jig and patent pending, heavy duty, steel rail inserts.

The result is a 1911 frame that weighs 50% less than a standard 1911, and uses 40% less parts. The reusable jig, sold separately from the frame kits, includes all the unique tools needed to complete the process.

“FCL was formed to produce innovative, high quality firearm products that are within the reach of all consumers,” said Paul, CEO of FCL. “We use cutting edge materials, combined with trend setting manufacturing techniques, to push the boundaries of performance.”

Freedom Concepts Reusable 80% 1911 jig

In the past, custom 1911 builds have had a reputation for requiring a lot of hand fitting. The design of the Liberty 80% frames greatly simplifies this process, requiring far less fewer parts than a standard 1911, featuring a patent-pending modular back-strap with a captured mainspring assembly, making it easy to finish your pistol.

Bringing modern ergonomics to a 100-year-old design, the interchangeable back-straps are available in different sizes, and the sides of the frame have generous scallop cuts. These features make operating the controls comfortable for shooters of all hand sizes.

On the topic of controls, all Liberty frames are set up to be completely ambidextrous with an aftermarket 100% ambi kit, with at a suggested retail of $75. If you choose not to go with the ambidextrous route, all Liberty frames come with a right-hand magazine release, and readily accept standard 1911 thumb safeties and slide stops.

To support the Liberty frames Freedom Concepts Laboratory is also launching a comprehensive line of competitively priced parts kits and complete top end assemblies. The Liberty MKIV Frame completion kit has a suggested retail of $75.

With standards that meet or exceed mil-spec, and a commitment to continually innovating and expanding product offerings, customers will be able to build everything from a lean concealed carry sidearm to a race gun with all the bells and whistles.

The Liberty MkIX, featuring a full-length grip which accepts 8rd 1911 magazines, will be available March 2018 in the following models:

• MkIX-G Government Model for a traditional 5” slide
• MkIX-Gx Extended Model for a 5” slide with a full length rail
• MkIX-O Officer Model for a traditional 4” slide
• All three models have a suggested retail price of $139

All three Liberty MkIX frame models and accessories will be shipping in March, available exclusively at Brownells and the Glockstore. You can get more information at each store’s booth at the 2018 SHOT Show.

With complete firearm packages starting at $399 MSRP Liberty is within the reach of every hard-working American.

To learn more about Freedom Concepts Laboratory, visit www.liberty1911.com. For more info on Foxtrot Mike Products Inc check out www.fm-products.com

——-

About Freedom Concepts Laboratory

No two shooters are the same. Why should their gun be? Freedom Concepts Laboratory is inspired to help our customers build firearms as unique as they are. Our flagship product, the Liberty 1911, embodies this ideal. Available in a variety of frames, rail lengths, and backstrap sizes, the Liberty line of products is infinitely customizable. Proudly offering a comprehensive line of competitively priced build parts so firearms enthusiasts, of any skill level, can confidently complete their own custom pistol, with the assistance of our extensive online builder’s knowledge-base, in a single afternoon.

comments

1. avatar ahil925 says:

Interesting, but I wish they had found a way to allow for standard 1911 grip scales. I am sure some purists will also abhor the missing grip safety too.

1. avatar Paul says:

We worked to simplify the design to improve reliability, and reduce cost of entrty, by consilidating what we could into the Polymer.

1. avatar Blurb says:

Are these .45 Super compatible?

1. avatar Paul says:

It accepts standard 1911 magazines abs and milspec 1811 Parts.

2. avatar binder says:

Only if you are relay brave. I know it will fit, but I would not even fire super out of a cast frame 1911. Home made polymer frame rails? Well , can I take out an insurance policy on you?

Paul, I not giving you frame a hard time, just trying to avoid a law suit from somebody’s widow.

2. avatar BRIAN D ARNOLD says:

how do I order . I love these designs.

1. avatar BRIAN D ARNOLD says:

I’ve got to get the full length rail government model. it reminds me of my Springer trp full rail I never should have traded.

3. avatar Eric Woodruff says:

Hey Paul any thoughts on a double stack 80% got to say that would be pretty damn cool .

2. avatar Rabbi says:

Looks in the photo that the grip is quite large? If so, that would problematic for me.

1. avatar Paul says:

Its actually smaller than a standard 1911…

3. avatar fosscad says:

The easier it is for all of us to make guns the hard it is for anyone to ever ban guns. LOVE THIS! MOAR POLY80 type designs please :D.

4. avatar Eric Woodruff says:

The grip definitely looks large but in a double stack you could really have something 🤔🤔

5. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Interesting. I might just have to get one of these to check it out.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Interesting. I might just have to get one of these to check it out.”

If one of those frame kits were to somehow arrive in your mailbox, would you consider doing a review on it?

(If yes, “Attention TTAG Management. TTAG Management to the white courtesy telephone, please. This is a non-subtle *HINT*” 😉 )

1. avatar A H says:

I’ve been carrying a 1911 everyday for 5 years, and have access to the tools to complete one. I’m very qualified for this.

6. avatar rdsii64 says:

I heavily invested in 9mm. I have more primers, brass and 115 bullets than I care to count. If I can build a 9mm 1911, this has possibilities.

I have a habit of confining my fire arms to as few calibers as I need.
    So far everything in my safe, both rifle and pistol is either:
    9mm NATO
    5.56mm NATO
    7.62 NATO

7. avatar Paul says:

We will be offering both 9mm and 45 in our intial kits…

1. avatar Andrew says:

Looks like fun. Any chance of a frame without a rail?

1. avatar Paul says:

Its in the works, mold was expensive so we went with railed version, I prefer them w out tails too…

1. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Purely out of curiosity, how much does a mold for something like this set you back?

I’m not looking to compete – I’m looking for information for some of my students who ask such questions.

8. avatar Specialist38 says:

What is the weight of a finished Govt Model?

I like. May need to pick one up.

9. avatar M1Lou says:

Sold! Looks like a fun project.

10. avatar Eric says:

Any plans on doing a CCO frame (commander slide and short officer grip)? A lightweight CCO in 9mm would make a great carry gun.

11. avatar Eric says:

12. avatar Paul says:

We will offer every flavor and combination.

13. avatar David Bui says:

Is it a double stack?
    Need to modernize the design to be a practical double stack

14. avatar Wedge259 says:

I was very recently toying with building my own 1911, but I eventually decided to hold off due to all of the specialized tools you need to complete it. This looks like it might be an easier way to get into it.

15. avatar DrewR says:

This might make a great dedicated frame for my 22 conversion slide, making an ultralight plinker.

16. avatar ironicatbest says:

Polymer frame would negate the use of my 1911 as a boat anchor

17. avatar Scoutino says:

Do want. I’m not crazy about single stack full size pistols, but this looks like fun project.

18. avatar Ben says:

Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.

19. avatar ATFAgentBob says:

anyone else notice the Glock and 1911 are swapping places where aftermarket frames are concerned?

Aluminum Glock frames are getting popular and poly 1911 frames are popular…. Eventually someone is going to make a knockoff Glock that comes from the factory with a metal frame and I think EAA still does a poly framed 1911.

20. avatar raptor jesus says:

So let’s take the nice, heavy frame that soaks up that .45 recoil, and make it 50% lighter so that follow up shots are even harder . . .

1. avatar Paul says:

Glass filled Nylon is an impact modifier. Plus the 9 has almost no recoil. The high grip also helps. The gun is actually a blast to shoot, points real easy due the ergonomics.

21. avatar Tom_in_TX says:

If they come out with a double stack version, I’m buying at least 3. And without worrying about separate grip scales to attach, it could still be reasonably thin.

22. avatar John says:

I can’t wait to order one and build it. I’ve done a couple AR 80% builds and it’s too cool to be able to say that I built it including the finish machining. Now you went and made a great looking pistol that is actually competitively priced with a finished product.

23. avatar Crevice Dog says:

Ok, it’s now May 6th, 2018. I’ve checked Brownells & Glockstore weekly in anticipation, along with searches galore, and still no kits available. When is the latest ETA as 3/1/18 past 2 mos. ago. And yes I want to order one, but no one is even taking pre-orders.

Haven’t seen any feedback from Paul regarding double-stack, but you’ve got my vote for the 9MM.

1. avatar Big E says:

I’m in a similar spot, book-marked a couple of places that I check regularly.
      From the little I can glean this has gone completely dark. Hopefully it will still show up, but I’m not confident after about 5 mos of silence.