Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: New York Landscaper Ready for Disaster

Everyday Carry Mark (courtesy everydaycarry.com)

Mark’s a 26-year-old landscaper who’s prepared for a major medical emergency. Mark’s schlepping a Gen7 North American Rescue Brand C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet AND an Adventure Medical First Aid Kit. As the Empire State’s deigned to issue Mark a government permission slip to exercise his right to keep and bear arms, Mark’s also stashing . . .

a Ruger LCP. Not shown: his Galaxy S7 phone. Click here to journey over to see what else Mark isn’t showing (can you guess?). Click on the box below to peruse other pocket dumps.

edc everyday carry concealed carry

comments

1. avatar strych9 says:

Rubber wedding ring and the pouch that came with it. Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone use the pouch before.

The ring is nice though. Love that thing.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

I hear those are popular with electricians and folks who arc-weld…

1. avatar strych9 says:

Cops love them too. Really anyone who works with their hands.

I started using them for welding. These days I use them for martial arts because you don’t have to take it off the way you do with a tungsten carbide ring.

2. avatar Robert Farago says:

Did you see the size of that extended mag? Which makes it three mags on board. Maybe Mark should carry a higher capacity firearms, like the GLOCK 19 depicted on his workbench topper?

1. avatar anonymoose says:

He’s in NY so he only gets 10 rounds no matter what. A G26 would be better than a 19 for CC in NY.

1. avatar Yitz says:

I live in NYC, unfortunately I can’t get a CCW and even at home and at the range limited to 10 rounds.

Upstate NY is free territory, where the 2nd amendment lives on.

Our well equipped landscaper may not be a prisoner of NYC like me.

NY does not equal NYC

2. avatar Joe in San Antonio says:

That almost makes it a two and a half handed grip. Claymore gun?

I had a 19 that I used to carry (gave it to my brother for a 21st birthday present). It might not be the most prepared logic but to me, coming from a free state, I either rock a pocket pistol (G43) 99% of the time or I rock a full sized (G17). To me the extra inch either way isn’t that much harder to conceal if I am not putting it into a pocket or a ultra conceal holster.

3. avatar BLoving says:

Consider also, Robert, what else he may be wearing… not odd to see an electrician (or an amateur woodworker like myself) wearing coveralls or overalls – and most types have no belt to support a holster. They do, however, have typically large pockets. It’s a puzzle I’ve considered for a while: what gun to carry on my casual days like today when my comfy overalls do it permit the use of a properly holstered piece?
      🤠

1. avatar John B says:

Consider a belly band holster, that’s what I use when I’m wearing overalls. I can get it from inside that bib as fast as I can get it out of my IWB, and it’s vastly more secure and out of the way than the pocket holster I used to use to carry in overalls.

2. avatar Snatchums says:

Starting to think I’m the only one whom carries a double stack 9mm anymore. Seems like 60% or better of these pocket dumps are LCPs.

3. avatar Shrike30 says:

I’m always happy to see someone carrying medical supplies. A landscaper (who I would assume works with a variety of power tools) carrying a tourniquet shows some definite foresight.

1. avatar neiowa says: