TTAG is proud to have published head gunsmith John Stewart’s series on what to expect from a custom bolt action rifle. For 2018, the King of Ki`ote Rifle has released two standard models to start customers on their journey to the ultimate precision rifle . . .
Ron Grobman and I both got to spend some time behind the trigger of Ki`ote’s Overwatch models chambered in .300 Norma Magnum and 260 Remington.
While the man mountain that is Marine John Stewart doesn’t have an ounce of hype in him, he’d be forgiven for claiming them to be amongst the world’s best. They are as smooth as silk-wrapped silk, and phenomenally accurate.
Shooting the .300 Norma Magnum, even Ron (yes Ron) had an easy time repeatedly hitting a silhouette target at 1,000 yards — with a harsh full value wind.
Each rifle of Ki`ote’s rifles are custom-built, but expect to pay around $5k for the long action Overwatch models, and a couple grand less than that for the LRP models.
The LRP’s include features:
– Atlas or Atlas Tactical actions
– Grayboe or McMillan stocks
– Proof Research carbon fiber or treated 416 stainless barrels.
The Overwatch steps that up a notch with the basics including:
– Atlas Tactical or TAC-300/408 actions.
– MDT’s ESS or J Allen Chassis
– Timney Calvin-elite trigger
– Proof Research carbon fiber or cyro treated 416 stainless barrels.
– Custom fluting patterns
– Threaded muzzle