New From Dickies: Tactical Wear

Dickies Tactical

Yes, you read that right. The Dickies workwear brand you know and love is now 78.3% more tactical. This coming week at SHOT Show 2018, they’re set to unveil a new line of tactical-oriented clothing. If you’re an Operator operating operationally or a survivalist, this gear is apparently for you. Dickies’ press release follows . . .

Dickies® Debuts New Tactical 2018 Gear at SHOT Show

Dickies® Tactical

Since 1922, Dickies has been outfitting hard-working women and men, many of whom dedicate their lives to protecting and serving the public. Whether you’re a beat cop, an elite operative or live the survivalist lifestyle, chances are Dickies Tactical has the performance gear that works when seconds count and movement matters.

New Product Snapshot

Dickies Men’s Tactical Ripstop Cargo Pant $42.99

Dickies delivers the new Stretch Ripstop Tactical Pant engineered to provide mobility and comfort in hot and humid climates. The lightweight design keeps you cool through the rigors of the job, while the flex ripstop fabric ensures comfort whether seated, standing or running. Roomy cargo pockets with a hidden built-in mag pouch and front leg cell pocket keep your magazines and cell phone immediately accessible.

Dickies Men’s Tactical Covert Ripstop Pant $32.99

Intended for stealth movement, the Dickies Covert Ripstop Pant is built to remain inconspicuous until the moment matters. Large hidden pockets at the back yolk and side leg give you plenty of easy access storage space without blowing your cover.

Dickies Men’s Concealed Carry Weapon Snap Front Tactical Shirt $32.99

Dickies new Snap Front Tactical shirt is designed to stand up to the toughest environments. It keeps the sweat off when the pressure is on with flexible fabric and ventilated side panels and back yoke. Hidden snap front for easy access to CCW means you can safely carry while out in the field. Available in Short and Long Sleeves.

Dickies Women’s Tactical Covert Ripstop Pant $42.99

Constructed with performance stretch fabric, these pants were crafted specifically for women who work hard and never stop moving. Hidden pockets provide discreet storage of ammo and cell phones until the last moment.

comments

1. avatar Astigmatism says:

Dickies make some tough stuff but I’ll wait for Carhartt if they decide to go that route. Until then I’ll stick with my 5.11.

2. avatar Rusty Chains says:

Call me cheap but Wrangler cargo pants in ripstop work fine for me and are low dollar buys at Walmart, if you can live without the official Tacticool Logo.

1. avatar jwm says:

Wrangler Riggs work pants serve most of my hunting needs. Tough enough for the brush and with pockets enough for the crap I carry.

Only time I don’t wear them is if it’s raining or snowing.

2. avatar Carrucan says:

I like those Wranglers too, mostly because of the “cell phone” pocket. I wear them for everything. At $20 a shot, I don’t worry about them too much. My favorite utility pants are by Tru-Spec. A great, non-grandpa looking slider waistband that fits great with or without an IWB. Perfect pockets for cell phone, flash light, knife, LCP2, spare mags….They look great after 35 washings too. Brand new. I liked them so much, I got the same style shorts. I think $38 for the pants and $28 for the shorts. I actually have worn the Dickies shirts. I had no idea it was gangster wear, but can only assume if the clothing is, gangsters appreciate a bargain just like the rest of us do. I look forward to seeing the Dickies pants.

3. avatar Hannibal says:

Priced well compared to the more established tactical lines. If they’re good quality they’ll probably sell among those who don’t care about everyone seeing their 5.11 logo but still want the same functionality with a step up from generic cargo pants.

…that might not be many people.

1. avatar FedUp says:

I haven’t cared for logos since UnderArmor decided to shaft a bear hunter’s wife.
      No tactical clothes means no need to publicly burn the overpriced stuff on youtube when the maker turns publicly anti gun or anti hunting.

4. avatar CalGunsMD says:

The unofficial gangbangerwear is now making “shoot me first” duds?
    Makes sense.

5. avatar The Rookie says:

I’m so out of touch. I’d honestly never heard of “5.11” before just now. And I didn’t realize Dickies were popular with street gangs. Yikes!

1. avatar blastoff747 says:

I remember them using it in the 80s. Ben Davis too.

6. avatar former water walker says:

I’m wearing Dickies socks…does that count?!? I see all kinds of tacticool togas everywhere but pay nuthin’ at thriftstores 😄

7. avatar No one of consequence says:

I’ll wait for Carhartt myself. Dickies’ stuff never seems to fit me as well.

8. avatar Charlie says:

I like it! As long as they come in sizes. Small/Medium/Large doesn’t work for me at all!

Charlie

9. avatar ATFAgentBob says:

Carhartt ain’t about to do tactical gear. At best they are gun apathetic. Propper makes some good tactical clothes at decent prices…

10. avatar Dave Lewis says:

Back in the day I wore Dickies when I was mechanically mechanicing mechanical stuff. Then I hit 50 and my fat middle aged arse just didn’t fit in their pants any more. Now I do LA police gear 511 knock offs at $20 a pair.

11. avatar Ansel Hazen says:

The tactical ripstop stuff does not hold up to my daily work routine. I need something heavier, especially in Winter. No way I’d wear ripstop when snow is on the ground anyway.

I do wish these clothing makers would standardize the belt loops though. Between 5.11, Carhartt, and LL Bean my OWB moves from 9 o’clock to 7 o’clock (3 to 5 o’clock for you righties) depending on what I put on.

12. avatar ironicatbest says:

5.11? I need a pair of pants that have a trap door, like old school long johns. Firearms are becoming to risky to own, and by eating BB”s, butter beans and ham, I’m my own Claymore. Rear faces towards enemy

13. avatar rt66paul says:

Dickies have a value product. Their work clothes became gansta clothes because they were cheap and had lots of room, for sagging style wear. Many body types can be fit here, and they are comfortable.
    Ganstas used to wear Levis and army surplus shirts in the 60s, many wore jungle boots.
    They are just clothes, it is where you wear them and how that makes them gang attire.

14. avatar Jim says:

Might like these a little more if they could make them look a little less like casual Friday at the Gestapo.

15. avatar raptor jesus says:

Tactical clothing:

Because you can’t operate operationally in, you know, normal clothes.

Alternatively, there’s something about a fool and his money . . . .