Alpha Foxtrot Releases Two GLOCK-Compatible Aluminum Frames

Alpha Foxtrot AF403c Glock Frame

So far in the pre-SHOT Show press release bombardment I think these new products from this new company are the two things I’m most excited about. And the products I’m most excited to get my hands on. New from Alpha Foxtrot — — is their AF409c aluminum GLOCK-compatible pistol frame and their MF409c modular GLOCK-compatible pistol frame. Many more photos and details follow . . .

Alpha Foxtrot GLOCK Frames

First, the AF409c:

You probably have the gist from the photos and one-pagers, but what we’re looking at here is a machined and hardcoat anodized 7075 aluminum pistol frame with steel rail inserts. It’s dimensionally compatible with Gen3 GLOCK components, but it changes up the ergos and features.

For instance, an actual Picatinny-spec rail graces the dust cover and an awesome looking thumb rest (practically a “gas pedal”) is machined into either side. Rails, locking block, and pins are included.

All at an MSRP of $249. I’ve been wrong before, but I think these things are going to be incredibly popular.

A limited number of frames is already available via the “Buy Now” link on Alpha Foxtrot’s website. Keep in mind that these are legally firearms so will have to be shipped to your FFL for transfer and won’t be available in certain states.

Next up is the MF409c, which is the first modular frame I can recall with GLOCK-compatible parts fit. The aluminum grip module (trigger guard, grip, beavertail) is a separate piece from the steel rail module (dust cover, locking block area, slide rails, top of the grip area, etc). The rail module is the serialized “firearm” component.

While this definitely opens up the possibility of swapping around all combinations of short and long slides on short and long frames, it also allows for a lot of fun with colors.

Estimated availability of the MF409c is early Q2 of this year. MSRP is $249.

1. avatar troutbum5 says:

I just might have to get myself one of those.

2. avatar Alex Waits says:

Now that is cool. That is really cool.

1. avatar Robert Hanlin says:

You’re not kidding…! And at a great price point!

3. avatar strych9 says:

9.4oz nude. A regular G19 frame (what the AF409C at 9.4oz is meant for) replaces is, according to my scale, 4.62oz with all the internal components still in the frame.

So, in milled aluminum, basically double the weight of a normal Glock 19 (Gen 4) frame at $249. Not terrible but I’m sure some people will still find room to complain. Personally it’s something I’d like to try before I buy. Depending on how it turns out this might be a “gloves only” option…

1. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Mass is your friend.
      Until it’s not.

Of course, if you want mass, you could git yerself a 1911 or a CZ or something. Part of the allure of the plastic fantastic pistols is their light weight, and if I wanted a heavier gun, it probably wouldn’t be a Glock.

But I think there will be a market for these frames. Time will tell.

1. avatar Matt says:

This for a G20 could be really, really interesting. Doesn’t change the weight all that much, but its below bore, so I’d think the extra 5oz or so would make a noticeable difference in muzzle flip of 10mm auto.

4. avatar How_Terrible says:

Woo hooo!!! Someone finally fixed one of the worst things about Glocks.

5. avatar Bearacuda says:

I could see the “modular” version taking off–I can almost guarantee companies would roll their own grips fairly quickly, unlike the 320…

6. avatar MiserableBastard says:

Whoa, how are the people dumping $1000 in extraneous parts going to get any money back if they can’t do a crappy looking stipple job on it?

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

Though…”can’t” is a strong word! You couldn’t do it with a soldering iron, but you could damn sure do it.

1. avatar Eric K says:

As my son would say – “challenge accepted!”

7. avatar Nanashi says:

It doesn’t come in 80% and is still striker fired. When’s the 80% CZ-75?

(Seriously, where is the 80% CZ-75? Frequently cloned, no patent issues and parts are more than obtainable.)

8. avatar Removed_californian says:

Gotta say, kinda interested. Very intrigued, but only kinda interested.

I want to know how long until they make these in 80%’s (for those who don’t want to go the polymer 80 route)

9. avatar ironicatbest says:

Theres a Glock fix, one of my peeves about Glock, I don’t like plastic. And this is weird, when I first logged in to TTGA the first adds up where in Cyrillic or something like it, it blinked to English so fast I couldn’t really catch it all,, what’s going on? Does this site also translate to other languages? Maybe it’s my last name on my email because it’s Russian

1. avatar Hannibal says:

you have to adjust the tinfoil to about 9.3

1. avatar ironicatbest says:

LOL I was thinking maybe it wasn’t thick enuff, the tin foil hat. 9.3 I will try that. Or maybe some tacticool antenna s. Obrey Orto

2. avatar Blurb says:

It’s a side-effect of the ‘Trump colluding with Russia via the NRA’ thing.

1. avatar Cuteandfuzzybunnies says:

Omg I saw that on MSNBC( I tune in for an occasional laugh ) and I was shocked. It’s the stupididest thing from the left so far.

10. avatar VerendusAudeo says:

I wouldn’t hold my breath. CCF Raceframes had aluminum and steel Glock frames available for a lower price and went out of business.

1. avatar Isaac says:

The success of a business is highly dependent on marketing. I don’t know how well CCF marketed their product, but I never heard of them. If I owned a firearm business, I would advertise my product hard. I would send a bunch out to these big reviewers. If you have an above standard product at a reasonable price, all publicity is good.

11. avatar Ryan says:

Still just a Glock.

1. avatar Slab Rankle says:

Meaning it’s the best thing ever!

12. avatar DaveR says:

I would have be interested in these if I had only known Glock frames up until now. However, I have now tried Polymer80’s new frames and have been completley won over. Guess these frames would still be good if you had a bias against polymer frames…

1. avatar Bearacuda says:

Maybe use the P80 for carry and keep the aluminum at home for HD?

13. avatar Justin Case says:

How come there are so many aftermarket updates, upgrades & addons for a product that is advertised as “Perfection”?

Just sayin’…

1. avatar Slab Rankle says:

Think of the simplicity and perfection of a blank sheet of paper, or a bowl of white rice, or an egg.

Ponder this with whatever grain of wisdom you can command and then you may begin to understand Glock’s type of perfection.

If the blow falls astray then it’s the weak hand that is at fault, not the hammer.

If there is imperfection then it resides in you, not in this most perfect of tools.

1. avatar matt o says:

this is the best comment i’ve ever read

14. avatar Over-Educated Economist says:

Wow, I’m totally in. Great-looking frames at a really nice price. Been wanting to do a Roland Special, and these look like the ticket.

15. avatar stimr2 says:

Looking at Alpha Foxtrot’s contact info their address and phone number is the same as Dasan USA. Also the buy now link takes you to Stone Mountain Arsenal which also happens to have the same contact info.

I saw this this on TFB.

Dasan USA is a Korean based company.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

As I understand it from visiting their booth at NASGW, they’re somewhere between Glock USA and CZ-USA in terms of independence from the parent company. Dasan has been manufacturing a lot of the components found in other firearm brands (including high-end U.S. brands) for a very long time. They make tons of 1911 frames, slides, barrels, and other components for other companies, plus many AR components (BCGs, barrels, etc), Glock barrels (and apparently now frames), etc etc. Large company that has only ever done “white label” or “OEM” work for other companies, at least in the U.S.. Looks like Alpha Foxtrot may be their way of changing that and selling direct under their own brand.

16. avatar Darren says:

The backstrap looks different. I wonder if they’re thicker, thinner, or the same size as stock grips.

17. avatar Sal Chichon says:

That is awesome! I wonder if they can do 10 mm compatible frames at a decent price?

18. avatar little horn says:

damn those are some nice looking frames. they might just be able to make a glock not fugly, just ugly LOL. seriously though, this changes the entire look of a standard glock slide. i might actually consider a glock now.

19. avatar Pete says:

I’d be interested in a 80% frame was offered. Non-modular, of course – needs to leave the simpler elements unfinished.

20. avatar Ken Grant says:

Would love to have one to install one of my AA .22LR conversion kits

21. avatar DAVID D WAGNER says:

You can see from the pics the mag release isn’t reversible. Why the hell wouldn’t they make it reversible or at least use the stock gen 4 release. Strange.