Custom Pre-Distressed Magnum Research BFR Revolver. Huh?

Magnum Research pre-distressed BFR in .45-70 (courtesy instagram)

In the video below, a chilled Magnum Research minion fires a pre-distressed Magnum Research BFR (Big Framed Revolver) chambered in .45-70. The company’s giving one away to a lucky Instagram follower. Wait. What? Who wants a new revolver that’s made to look like it was abused and neglected? Someone who wants to scare an observer into thinking his revolver’s gonna blow up? Anway, good luck with that.

A post shared by Home of the Desert Eagle (@magnumresearchinc) on

comments

1. avatar william wessels says:

That is about how some of mine look when I get them, or after I have used them almost to death.

2. avatar Charlie says:

Fender makes a series of guitars called “Relics” that appear to be heavily worn guitars. They cost four times more than the same guitar in new condition!

What kind of dork wants a new product that looks old? I can do that same thing myself with a couple of years of using it carelessly. Sheesh!

A fool and their money …..

Charles

1. avatar Ansel Hazen says:

The only way that stuff works is women in ripped blue jeans.

1. avatar Ing says:

Even then it only works because you want to take it off.

2. avatar Wiregrass says:

Martin has a line like that called “Streetmaster”, that looks like someone has been sweating all over it busking for years. They will probably be purchased by people who’ll never take the time to learn the instrument well enough to go with the look.

3. avatar Hank says:

To complete that Fallout New Vegas look.

1. avatar Kroglikepie says:

With a big iron on his hip…

4. avatar Leighton Cavendish says:

Same for pre-distressed jeans…they cost a fortune…and look like crap…but whatever…LOL

1. avatar Hannibal says:

The jeans market does well with people who have more money than sense.

The revolver market can probably do the same*. (I like em too guys, calm down)

5. avatar Vic Nighthorse says:

Seems like lying to me, trying to make it look like you have shot a lot more than you have. Posers are lame.

6. avatar Paul D says:

A brand new BFR in 45-70? Free? Sure, I’ll take it. I can work on how it looks later.

7. avatar Geoff PR says:

How did they do that?

Cerekote it first, then ‘distress’ it?

8. avatar Pat H says:

45-70 is a Big Friggin Revolver.

9. avatar Mark N. says:

Why anyone would want to shoot a handgun in .45-70 escapes me completely. Kind of in the class of the Ruger (I think) in M1 Carbine. Though by the way he shot it, it may be that a short barreled S&W 500 might be worse. I’ve got nothing against the round–a .45-70 with a 24″-30″ barrel is something I’d like to own–just the platform.

1. avatar Tex Pat says:

I was thinking the same thing. Why would I want to use a 45-70 revolver?

10. avatar CK says:

>Pre-stressed revolver

For the hipster who’s into the whole “carry” thing, and wants a worn-looking weapon to match his worn-looking jeans….

1. avatar pieslapper says:

… his freshly waxed beard, and his man bun that he fixed just a shade off center, you know, like his personality.

11. avatar CK says:

Also, that really looks terrible… Does no one at Magnum Research actually know what a worn revolver looks like? Because I’ve seen many worn firearms in my day, and none have looked like they were PVC under cheap black paint, the latter of which attacked with a screwdriver and steel wool…

12. avatar ironicatbest says:

Who cares, finally a handgun with some juice, ….. Support your Local Law Enforcement.

13. avatar The Rookie says:

“Distressed Big Frame”

Sounds like my ex-wife.

1. avatar James M says:

Sounds like my ex-wife! Ha ha ha ha! Said the ROOKIE! HA HA HA HA HA AH……

14. avatar MLee says:

My, it’s a big one.

1. avatar Big Bill says:

Something you can say about your revolver you can’t say about your girlfriend.

2. avatar ATFAgentBob says:

That’s what she said.

15. avatar RogUinta says:

This is Magnum Research, the company that blessed us with such objets d’art as the Gold Plated Tigerstripe Desert Eagle.

Nobody should find it surprising that they built a .45-70 revolver, painted it with white Krylon, dragged it behind a pickup truck for several miles, and then put it up for sale.

16. avatar Specialist38 says:

Looks like a laquered Crossman Pellet gun I had when i was a kid.

This is beyond my comprehension

To each his own….

17. avatar Cloudbuster says:

That is undoubtedly the ugliest gun I have ever seen in my life. It looks like a kid’s toy left out in the yard all winter.

18. avatar GS650G says:

Another ridiculously large caliber handgun. With I am sure a ridiculously large price.

19. avatar MyName says:

I know nothing about the guy in the vid but I assume he’s shot a revolver before. The fact that he hit with his first round, missed with the next three, then got it back on target leads me to think this thing is a flinch inducing nightmare.

1. avatar Mark N. says:

He was shooting high. You can see the hits in the snow.

20. avatar Imayeti says:

Generally I prefer to put the wear and tear on the gun myself, but if they give it to me free I can overlook it.

21. avatar US says:

I wear pre-distressed jeans, might as well have a revolver to go with them.

22. avatar Matt says:

We are missing the bigger picture entirely. Unless you distress a 45-70 revolver it’s only going to look “test fired” FOREVER.

23. avatar David says:

I have a 45-70 BFR. Got it to match my Guide Gun. Suprisingly, recoil is on a par with a .44 Mag, maybe a little milder, depending on how you load it. But, it has a 7.5″ barrel and weighs just under 5 pounds. Love shooting it, had to start handloading 45-70 to feed it. Amazing revolver.

24. avatar Craig says:

The BFR is a pretty interesting piece. Might actually have some practical use as a woods defense gun, since if you’re getting charged by a bear you’ll probably only have enough time for one shot anyways; might as well make it with a .45-70.

As far as the fake patina goes, the only gun I’d do that to is an AK. Almost seems like a crime to have one without that battlefield look.