Another AR15 Owner Destroys His Gun For Media Glory

Californian Chad Vachter's destroyed AR (courtesy wkrg.com)

Back in October, after the Mandalay Bay spree killing, Ohio resident Aaron Lawrence “had an epiphany.” He realized he could stop spree killings by destroying his AR-15. Or something like that. Anyway, it worked! PR-wise. WCET gave Mr. Lawrence’s meaningless protest all the attention it didn’t deserve. As wkrg.com reports, there’s been a copycat AR annihilation . . .

A gun enthusiast from southern California says he is taking a step to help destroy gun violence.

One of Chad Vachter’s prized possessions was a thousand-dollar AR-15 assault rifle. After seeing the growing number of mass shootings in the country, Vachter said he was fed up and decided to take a hammer to his gun, destroying it.

“I can’t do it,” he said. “I can’t have something in my house that so easily could become a part of another situation like that, and I’m not going to be desensitized to it. I refuse to.”

Click here for wkrg.com‘s report. And before you dismiss Mr. Vachter as a misguided fool, know this: he supports the Second Amendment!

“The other night, when I read the thing about the school in northern California, I cried and I haven’t felt good since,” he said. “And although I’m still sad for all those victims and all the people affected, I feel like I’ve done the only thing that I can do in this equation. Even if it’s just a small thing, I did my part to make things better.”

Vachter says he wants to be clear that he still supports the second amendment and will be keeping his shotgun and pistol. But he’s challenging other gun owners to destroy their assault weapons.

Yeah somehow I don’t think that whole chop-up your AR thing’s gonna catch on. Then again, virtue signaling gets you mad props in some quarters. Not ones that you and I frequent, but there it is: more ammunition for #blackgunsmatter.

comments

1. avatar TrueBornSonofLiberty says:

The hammer he used to destroy that rifle kills more people than ARs do.

1. avatar Rattlerjake says:

The idiot in the video doesn’t even understand the difference between an actual assault weapon and an AR15. Let these weak-minded dumbasses cutup and destroy their weapons, but they have no reason to complain when some thug assaults/kills them or their family or government becomes their master!

Funny how government has destroyed thousands upon thousands of weapons and it has had ZERO impact on criminals using them. Here’s a thought, why doesn’t government destroy criminals?

1. avatar American Patriot says:

It’s probably good that he did destroy that weapon & no doubt saved lives because we all know that liberals are the reason for mass shootings, it’s just common sense not to let them near guns. Oh and a $1000.00 gun…..looked more like a sub $500 one to me.

2. avatar MolenLabe says:

Everyone has an opinion. Not impressed with the video. I see nothing at all wrong with owning an AR-15. Makes no sense to me to restrict law-abiding citizens access to a carbine that they enjoy to shoot or destroying your own, because a wing nut decides to kill people. I don’t plan on destroying mine or any gun, rifle or carbine in my inventory. Not going to reward bad behavior or to satisfy a libtards emotional rant or their moral high ground that doing so makes everyone safer. Staunch defender of 2A.

2. avatar GS650G says:

One less guy buying ammo at walmart.

1. avatar A O says:

That’s the way I was thinking while reading this story.

3. avatar MrBob says:

In the words of Bugs Bunny “What a maroon”.

4. avatar emfourty gasmask says:

these guys are just paid shills trying to spin the fuds against AR weaponry.

I’m sure doxxing them will turn up their DNC / anti-gun ties.

1. avatar JasonM says:

Was it a Springfield or Rock River? Maybe he was protesting their general douchbaggery.

5. avatar Survivordude1090 says:

Virtue signalling. A bastard form of self loathing. The man needs help.

1. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Well, that and an indication of insecurities and a need for attention.

2. avatar GS650G says:

And a good gunsmith.

6. avatar BLoving says:

*searches through pockets, desk drawer, backpack, and the center console of the car*

Nope.
    Sorry, haven’t a single fvck to give.

Found some spare ammo, though…
    🤠

7. avatar DrewR says:

Do these people not realize that the message they send by destroying their own guns is that they don’t trust themselves not to murder anyone?

1. avatar det. nick valentine says:

Or they are concerned the weapon could get stolen, an unstable teen child could find it, etc.

1. avatar Dev says:

So, they don’t trust themselves to be responsible members of society then. Got it.

2. avatar GS650G says:

Sell it to me cheap and I’ll make sure it’s locked in my safe.

1. avatar Shallnot BeInfringed says:

I’ll bet you say that to all the girls!

8. avatar Jross says:

Anti-2As see virtue. Pro 2As sees some salvageable parts.

9. avatar cruzo1981 says:

Calm down, sources say it was a neutered Fagifornia AR. Haahhaahahahah, what an idiot.

10. avatar strych9 says:

Could easily become part of another situation like that? So… is that an admission by the owner that he’s an unstable nut who might just go shoot a bunch of kids?

Seems to me that statements like this suggest that if the owner wanted to do something useful they’d volunteer for psychiatric commitment. I mean, after all the gun is an inanimate object and the only way it could “easily” be used for a mass shooting is if the owner commits a mass shooting and the only reason an owner would worry about such a thing is if they’re actually contemplating committing such an atrocity.

1. avatar BLoving says:

Hmm.
      Seems to me if he’s involved in any kind of legal trouble in the future, a prosecutor could use this gesture as evidence of this twit knowing that he was criminally inclined…

11. avatar ACP_arms says:

Is that shotgun of his a 870? if so he still has a “assault weapon”.

1. avatar Snatchums says:

Or worse still: “a weapon of war”

12. avatar Andrew Lias says:

Anyone else chuckling at the irony that he’ll probably throw the bits in the trash and become a felon since it wasn’t destroyted to ATF standards?

1. avatar Dev says:

Oh, that’s a good idea, report him to the ATF so they can verify the rifle was properly destroyed. This will teach people to be media whores!

2. avatar KenW says:

Maybe the next one could donate it to TAOFLEDERMAUS so he can use it as a target when he loads his shotgun full of frozen liberal tears.

3. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Yep. This is one of those “Pinky, are you pondering what I’m pondering?” moments.

1. avatar Bill B says:

I dunno, Brain. But I _was_ wondering what it would look like if Pipi Longstockings and I had a baby. NARF.

13. avatar WI Patriot says:

“Another AR15 Owner Destroys His Gun For Media Glory”

And another douchebag is created…

14. avatar Hank says:

This is probably a good thing. Anyone that’s this stupid and not in control of their emotions probably shouldn’t be around guns, power tools, cleaning chemicals, voting booths, or children. Anyone who participates in this crazed behavior should be “Baker Act’ed”. For the children. Their guns can be donated to the responsible folks at the NRA for a gun raffle.

15. avatar Patrick H says:

Everything in the story makes sense, but I wonder why it was necessary to finish the article by taking a shot at Black Lives Matter?

1. avatar GS650G says:

Thats not a slam on BLM, its a promotion of an ideal.

2. avatar Ziggo says:

Actually it says Black Guns Matter, which is some guy who teaches 2A safety in the hood.

16. avatar ironicatbest says:

It goes like this, AR guy looks at firearm, ” What a plastic p.o.s., I wouldn’t sell this to my worst enema!” Hammer, grind, saw, chop. Buys AK, ” oh I feel much better now” Why? Because AK’s are indestuctable

17. avatar little horn says:

basically what he is saying is that he doesn’t trust HIMSELF with that weapon so neither should we. so im glad he destroyed it.

18. avatar maynard says:

A twist on Andy Warhol’s AR-15 minutes of fame…

19. avatar Rick the Bear says:

slow clap

20. avatar DMJ-747 says:

Or… this wily AR owner just took a hammer to 250.00 of cheap AR parts while his 1K AR (safely hidden in his house) is now reported destroyed so when Semi’s are banned next year by Gavin, no one will be kicking in this upright citizens door.

GENIUS!!!!!!!

1. avatar Tom W. says:

Internet win of the day.

21. avatar sound awake says:

“They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.”

when whatever is going to happen in this country eventually happens this guy isnt going to side with those who would be a part of the solution like us

he is going to side with those who would be a part of the problem

everything else being equal its better that he not be armed with an ar-15

22. avatar CharlieKing1 says:

“But he’s challenging other gun owners to destroy their assault weapons.”

Sorry, buddy, but I don’t own any ‘assault weapons’…now I do own some semi-autos that are patterned after the real deal, but I’ll never destroy my own property like you foolishly did! Do you feel better now?

23. avatar DJ says:

Now this is the real gun violence.

24. avatar Al says:

He should castrate himself to prevent rape.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Slow clap…

2. avatar GS650G says:

Remove his middle finger to prevent insulting people.

25. avatar JD says:

Get this sissy into the nearest safe space and give him some coloring books. He’s having a crisis.

26. avatar TwoJohnsonsAreBetterThanOne says:

Oh, I thought it was a picture of a CA-compliant AR-15.

1. avatar KENNETH G MAIDEN says:

Soon. Just a couple of more laws. Maybe when that ass-hat Newsom is crowned the new overlord.

27. avatar Eric says:

in other news, a Kalifornia man was killed today while be hijacked.. Chad Vachter was the victim….

28. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

I’m not a gun owner, and I think this guy is a total LibTard ! Obviously, he just another attention seeking crazy Democrat voter trying desperately to gain admits into the DNC/ Politburo…So he can be part of this hysterical ” Civilian Disarmament” campaign. Which of course is nothing more than an attempted coupe by Neo-Communists to overthrow the USA ! Also known as Globalists……

29. avatar KENNETH G MAIDEN says:

His property. However, what an idiot. I hope he doesn’t vote.

30. avatar former water walker says:

What a girlboy…I’m trying to pay off an AR and this weenie beats “his” to death😡

31. avatar The Rookie says:

What an idiot.

32. avatar Call the feds says:

Did he attempt to cut the barrel? Someone should ask ATF if he has a tax stamp for attempting to make an SBR.

33. avatar Patriot says:

I wonder if he will continue his virtue signaling on his car once he learns about DUI related deaths this past weekend, my guess not.

34. avatar Aaron says:

So, what the guy was actually saying is that he didn’t trust himself to control his impulse to go on a killing spree??

35. avatar Grant Woordson says:

I have an 80% AR lower that is clearly a weapon of mass destruction. In the spirit of stopping mass shootings I’m going to destroy it by using a router, milling bit and jig to selectively carve away the evilest parts of it! I might also drill a few holes, too. Just to be on the safe side.

36. avatar MyName says:

Those look like the bits of a pretty plain jane AR – hard to see $1000.

Tapco stock, standard gas block/front sight, plastic M4 style hand guard not a free floated one, basic plastic grip, looks like a run of the mill BCG.

Nothing wrong with a plain jane AR, I have one, but it was closer to $500. Methinks he may be exaggerating a bit.

37. avatar T bill says:

I guess we cannot count on him to help defend the neighborhood when the time arises and if he asks for help, I’ll be sure to tell him to go get that Glock out of the bucket and join the fight.

38. avatar Ironhead says:

I didnt take a hammer too it, but sadly mine was destroyed on a fishing trip over the marianas trench when our boat sank…. 😢
    Im sure it would be fine if i could swim 7 miles straight down to get it.

39. avatar Tim says:

I’m thankful for stupid people because they make me giggle! 🙂

40. avatar KDB says:

Hey don’t destroy them . Send them to me. I can find a good use for them. Through a dealer of course to keep it legal.

41. avatar Chris T in KY says:

The people in California are just proving they really don’t need guns. But they do need to have sex in public on days the government gives them permission.

And they don’t need guns because they can smoke pot legally now in the state. Soon they will have their gun free zone utopia.

42. avatar MLee says:

So instead of buying a real gun safe and not some hunk of shit Stack-On, he destroys his weapon? What kind of stupid is that? This guy is just one drip of drool off the lip different than the goof-balls who commit shootings.

43. avatar Ray from Bama says:

I went to the safe and hugged my Spikes Tactical real tight. I petted it on the fore grip and repeated there, there.

44. avatar AFGus says:

Sorry…..I don’t have any “Assault Rifles” to destroy with a hammer. I do however have two AR-15 Semi-Auto rifles, which are going to remain in pristine shape in case I have to defend my life against criminals and terrorists.

P.S. If that moron paid a Grand for that AR, he got ripped off!!

45. avatar Troubled Soul says:

Estrogen ladden Soy boy.

— go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen

Samuel Adams

And you missed a spot.

46. avatar Peter says:

Lives in Coachella and sometimes works on movie sets with props etc. Yeah, that’s a typical AR owner. 😀

47. avatar JS says:

Cant help stoopid….

48. avatar JJ48 says:

I’ve read about how the Soviet Army committed many, many atrocities in the early 20th century. I urge all Mosin-Nagant owners to join me in destroying your military rifles, as it’s the only way to prevent it from happening again!

Right?

49. avatar achmed says:

How does society create people this dumb?

38,000 people die in motor vehicles accidents every year, I expect this doofus to burn his car and walk everywhere to prevent highway fatalities.

50. avatar Gunr says:

Wait!
    Don’t destroy that AR!
    Remember the “shoot around the corner” guns the German’s had for their tankers. Well we can salvage that AR. Just put it back together, and Bingo! you have got yourself a weapon of mass destruction.

51. avatar Timothy Noecker says:

I Wish I Had $600-1K Burning a Hole In My Pocket To Where I Could “Afford” To Destroy an AR-15 Rifle…
    Of Course If I Had That Kinda $$$ I’d Never “Destroy” It, I’d Just Add Ammo, Training, Or Just Plain Outright Get a Fancier AR-15!!!

52. avatar Jeff Hunt says:

When the gangs near me turn in all their rifles and weapons, I might briefly consider it, but probably not. If they can shoot up my neighbor’s house and mine, I’m going to defend myself.