What Happens When You Shoot Silly Putty Through a Shotgun?

Here’s yet another ammo experiment we’re happy to leave to TAOFLEDERMAUS. He’s testing some shotgun slugs made of Silly Putty and wrapped in thin glass.

Watch what happens when they get shot at various targets at, oh, 800mph. Why? “For science!”

comments

1. avatar Mark N. says:

What happens? Silly things, of course. Doh.

Not doh. Play-Doh.

2. avatar MLee says:

Who cares. I could tell you what happens if you put a mouse in a hollowed out potato and shot straight up into the air out of bazooka sized potato gun. I have to confess to having done that.

1. avatar Marco says:

Alright, what happens?

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

Ask what little is left of the mouse…

2. avatar MLee says:

The mouse did not survive. I can’t say what it succumbed to, the unnatural acceleration forces or the rather rapid deceleration forces as the potato came down on the roof of the next door neighbors house.
        After examining the mouse body, it was found to be deceased and bleeding from the nose.
        All & all, not unexpected results. When you get two brothers together with a potato gun, shits going to go down!!!

3. avatar Mercury says:

Okay, enough. I too can subscribe to TAOFLEDERMAUS’ channel. You don’t have to make a blog post out of it every time he shoots something from a shotgun that isn’t a factory shotshell. What’s next, posting every Demolition Ranch video where our favorite 30-something Austinite burns, explodes or otherwise disintegrates a somewhat expensive item with his .50?

1. avatar Defens says:

Yep, I, too have reached saturation of these twits launching crap out of a shotgun on what appears to be an unsafe range. If I wanted to subscribe to their channel, I would.

Let’s not go down the path of those sorry vids on TFB.

4. avatar joetast says:

OK tatorfledgermouse, yah got me on that one, never shot silly putty slugs. How about tin foil, I shot one of my friends n the ass with a tin foil slug and just the primer. It pissed him off.

5. avatar ozzallos says:

Up next, “What happens when we launch this HOTDOG out of a shotgun…?”
    Enough of this click-bait crap, TTAG.

6. avatar DaveL says:

A shotgun that fires miniature dildos along with a cloud of glass shards. For that “hard to buy for” hardcore fetishist on your Christmas list.

7. avatar Greg says:

You get another boring article.

8. avatar George says: