TTAG Podcast Episode 2: Jon Wayne Taylor Talks Guns, Gear and Politics

In this week’s TTAG podcast, writer Jon Wayne Taylor joins RF and me to talk the Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0 Compact, the latest from Las Vegas, bump fire stock regulation, the Ryker Fist Grip, school carry in California and much, much more. So grab an adult beverage, kick back and enjoy.

comments

1. avatar Larry says:

Wtf is the deal with this countries fascination with shitty tattoos?

1. avatar Chito says:

And worse, they are proud of them and want to show them off with short sleeve shirts, shorts, etc.

2. avatar Stereodude says:

Why don’t you fly down to Texas and ask JWT? I’m sure he’ll have a good answer for you. 😉

1. avatar Larry says:

Yeah, I’m sure he’s the king of badasses, there’s always someone tougher, I can assure you.

1. avatar jwm says:

Especially on the internet.

3. avatar Ur gay!!! says:

It’s got something to do with the gays I tell you!! The gays!!!

4. avatar strych9 says:

Wtf is the deal with this country’s obsession with shitty English usage, spelling, diction, punctuation and syntax? I would put forth the idea that this is a much, much more serious topic than what tattoos TTAG writers and staff have.

Seriously, if you’re going to cast aspersions on things like tattoos at least have basic English locked down so that you don’t look like a fucking retard when you criticize people in text.

Casting stones… glass house… beam… eye. That sorta shit.

1. avatar Larry says:

You realize where you’re posting, right? This is goober central and when in Rome.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Using the bad behavior of others to justify your own bad behavior.

How adult. Classy even.

5. avatar jwtaylor says:

Hi Larry, you are looking at about maybe 1/20th of that tattoo. What about it don’t you like? I mean, what specifically makes it a crappy tattoo, to you?
      My ink is generally considered a very good example of Fine Line technique and has been featured in publications and shows. It is all a reproduction of the art at The Shrine to Wild Boars and Leg Injuries in Kyoto, where I stayed for some time and left my leg brace after a successful surgery to fix some damage that was the result of an IED. It reminds me of my gratefulness.

1. avatar Larry says:

Oh yeah, for a minute I forgot that you’re a “war hero”. I don’t know how I did as RF reminds us every time he mentions you.
        Thanks for your service. OBSCENITY DELETED

1. avatar Stereodude says:

Way to keep it classy Larry.

2. avatar jwtaylor says:

So, nothing on the ink? I was really looking forward to your knowledgeable opinion. Your comments are so articulate and well-thought-out, I was just sure everyone would find value in them.

3. avatar jwm says:

Jealousy. Must be.

2. avatar James Earl Hoffa says:

How about not make a damn statement at all the NRA screwed us they did the same thing in 1934 and they did the same thing in 86 and I was around for the one in 86 and they were pushing in NFA. NRA suck

3. avatar 357M28 says:

JWT is my 2nd favorite writer here on TTAG. Liberte Austin is #1 even though, I don’t hunt at all. Her articles kick-ass. Yeah, I’m ass kissing but, so what? 🙂 On a side note, I would like to point out that the pod casts and TTAG generated videos need CC. That’s Closed Captioned. For those of us who are hearing impaired. Thank You.

1. avatar Hank says:

OR, so we can watch at work…

2. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

I’ll see your Liberte and raise you a Jeremy. Jeremy is way cooler.

4. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Listening while packing my gear for a week in elk camp.

5. avatar Stereodude says:

So how come none of you Texas residents have a Texan accent? Are you all transplants? 😉

1. JWT’s family’s been in Texas for generations. I got here as soon as I could.

2. avatar ActionPhysicalMan says:

I didn’t know that there was a Texas accent, except on TV.

3. avatar Timmy! says:

I was born and raised in Texas. In college (University of North Texas, 45 miles north of where I grew up) the British students in my dorm asked me one night, “Where are you from?” and were shocked when I told them. “But… you don’t have an accent!” was their reply. I began to imitate some of my more “Sons of the Soil” relatives to show that I could, if needs be, bring the accent out. Of course, I also admitted to watching a metric butt-load of British comedy on KERA channel 13 growing up so that might have had an effect on my accent.

6. avatar Rick the Bear says:

Nice podcast BTW, there are 3 more options: commando, thongs, and boxer-briefs. (Not that I would know personally.)

1. avatar Stereodude says:

You’re more of a diaper bear? 😉

7. avatar strych9 says:

Still need a real time fact checker. Seems like a job for Jeremy.

8. avatar todd says:

Is there a RSS feed for this podcast?

1. avatar Joleolsen says:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/feed/ seems to work for an audio podcast. The podcast app must filter out the non audio content.