Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day – Graceful Squirrel

Graceful Squirrel's EDC gear featuring a Micro Desert Eagle

The squirrel says, these are “the many items I carry with me for my own enjoyment and protection of my family of six.” You don’t see a lot of Micro Desert Eagles, but it looks like a worthy mouse gun. See all of the GS’s gear at Everyday Carry . . .

Graceful Squirrel's EDC gear featuring a Micro Desert Eagle

comments

1. avatar TruthTellers says:

I’ve heard negative things about those Micro Desert Eagle’s and it’s not like the prices or availability are reasonable to warrant testing them myself. They are very small tho, which peaks my interest. Wish more manufacturers would make a .380 with a 2 inch barrel.

1. avatar Stinkeye says:

I’m not sure that Micro DE is all that much smaller than an LCP or TCP, and I don’t think I’d want to give up the 100 fps or so of velocity that the extra 1/2″ of barrel in those guns gets you just for a marginal increase in concealability. Neat little gun, though – not a lot of all-metal guns in that size class.

2. avatar Kvfyn says:

I have one, overall I love it. After three years and maybe 500-700 rounds at the range something happened and it would sometimes fire when I loaded a round. Magnum research replaced the hammer bar and polished the firing pin for no charge and it works great now.

2. avatar PeterK says:

I like the switch. Nice touch.

3. avatar Jim says:

What is the point of the notebook when you have two phones?

1. avatar Jim says:

Err, a phone and a Switch

2. avatar Frank in VA says:

With a notebook, you can write stuff down, tear off a page, and give it to someone. Like a list of part numbers you are looking for at Autozone. Or a “Nice parking job, dumbass” note on someone’s windshield.

4. avatar Jim says:

I get $.47 per post I make, keep replying so I get rich! I need that Bloomberg money yo!

1. avatar joetast says:

I like helping when I can. 47 cents a post seems kinda low though, are the hedge post or oak?

5. avatar strych9 says:

Love the mini Griptillian.

I don’t love that he buys high end sunglasses and then puts them lenses down to show off the Oakley logos on the ear pieces though.

6. avatar Smith Wesson says:

I had a micro desert eagle I bought from a pawn shop for $175.00
    It was an early one with dual recoil springs a low serial number.
    I traded it for marble kitchen counter tops, including installation.
    I wish I had it back. It pointed and shot wonderfully. The slightly pocket worn nickle teflon finish reminded me of a Star Wars blaster with intergalactic wear. It was comfortable in the hand, light in the pocket, slim and square like a wallet and the recoil was much less than any other all metal pocket pistol I’ve shot. It disassembled and cleaned with no tools needed not pins to remove.
    I find them on the mfg website, but it doesn’t look like they are in production anymore. Too bad.

7. avatar Frank in VA says:

I you try to hold that gun two handed and thumbs forward, I’m thinking things might go badly for one thumb.

1. avatar joetast says:

You use the “cowboy” bullet throw method , one hand grip, and throw that bullet downrange. Roy Rodgers was real good at it,

8. avatar Mehfertopperleez says:

I can tell by his EDC,… I would not like this guy.

1. avatar Dan in CO says:

I’m thinking that’s because his stuff is where his priorities lie. His stuff makes him look like a self absorbed techie clown that chases brand names like a groupie. But that’s none of my business anyways.

1. avatar Mehfertopperleez says:

Yahtzee!
          Tactical Hipster Syndrome at its finest.

9. avatar Aaron says:

micro desert eagle. hmm, interesting. how’s it shoot?

10. avatar Johnny 2Shins says:

Huge caliber. Need a fanny pack

11. avatar joetast says:

Well I will be damned, it’s not a Gock. That’s a lot of money for a knife, I think anyway.

12. avatar Jeff says:

OK, two bulky electronic distraction toys and one itty bitty mouse gun with no extra ammo. Good luck.