Dana Loesch Punches Back Twice As Hard Against SNL Pro-Gun Control Sketch

SNL Weekend Update Colin Jost advocates for gun control. Courtesy youtube.com

Apparently determined to replicate the NFL’s path of recent success, alleged late night “comedians” have taken on the topic of gun control in the past week (no points for guessing which side they’re on). Also jumping on the bandwagon this weekend was Saturday Night Live.

As uproxx.com notes, ‘Weekend Update’ host Colin Jost went off on civilian gun ownership:

“The investigation into the tragedy in Las Vegas this week has sparked a larger debate In America between people who want common sense gun control and people who are wrong.”

He continued, making the following analogy: “The man owned 47 guns. No one should own 47 of anything. If you own 47 cats, you’re not a responsible pet owner, you’re a crazy cat lady. And unlike with guns, the government will actually come and take your cats away, because everyone agrees that’s insane.” Jost’s co-anchor Michael Che later joked that people shouldn’t be allowed to have more than one gun and six bullets. “If you can’t hit what you’re shooting with six bullets, then you don’t need to be shooting at it,” he said. “Learn karate or use your words!”

The once-funny SNL has come a long way from “Jane, you ignorant slut….”

Not one to let an attack on gun rights go unchallenged, NRA spokesperson Dana Loesch had this to say about that:

“I’m certainly not going to take any kind of firearm lecture from people who clearly don’t either own them or have never even fired them, and don’t even understand the concept of self defense, either. This idea that you’re going to have this six round limit, and then they compared them to cats, Steve, because you know, people all over the United States, every single day successfully defend their lives using cats.”

With Ms. Loesch, the NRA has come a long way from the perception of Wayne LaPierre’s now tired “get off my lawn” routine. Loesch takes no prisoners in her support of Second Amendment Freedoms. You approve?

comments

1. avatar Cliff H says:

I approve.

Dana is the bump-fire of pro-2A reporters!

2. avatar Jim says:

SNL is stupid and so is Dana.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

So I’m trying to determine if you are half-right or all left.

1. avatar Jim says:

I am neither left nor right, the NRA sucks.

1. avatar John in AK says:

Good show there, ‘Jim!’ You are using capitalization AND punctuation now, a vast improvement. I’m glad that I could help out in some small way! You were ridiculous before, but now you’re merely asinine. Keep up the improvements, and some day you’ll actually make sense!
          Alas, today is not that day. Don’t give up, Sweetie–we’ll be here for you.

2. avatar Jim says:

I have no idea what you’re talking about, I always used capitalization and punctuation. Are you mistaking me for someone else? I don’t believe we’ve ever spoken before.

3. avatar California Richard says:

I think (and this just a guess because both of you are making very passive and ambiguous statements) what he’s saying is: draw out your opinions and elaborate.

For example: “Dana Loesch is stupid because….” and then you complete your thought with reasonable and rational comentary that resonates with some and stirs up well articulated counter points with others.

“Dana Loesch is stupid,” is wasted space in this coments section….. so if you would please tell us more, so we can put on a thought provoking show of words for those who are just reading.

4. avatar joe3 says:

You’re not left or right so you are in the middle and GETTING RUN OVER BY BOTH.

Neither Dana nor the NRA are perfect but they do more to protect our rights THAN YOU DO, so STFU and give some money to the NRA or SAF or GOA or JPFO but STOP WHINING and stop “being in the middle” like a MORON.

2. avatar JWin says:

Why are you even here?

1. avatar Jim says:

Why wouldn’t I be here?

3. avatar Dbaur says:

Jim, you ignorant slut!

1. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Way back when SNL was actually funny from time to time.

2. avatar Geoff PR says:

[About Jane, the ‘ignorant slut’]

“…who hops from bed-to-bed with the frequency of a cheap HAM radio.”

Damn.

I never knew Baofeng was making radios in the mid-1970s…

*snicker*

2. avatar Mark N. says:

I admit it–I chortled.

4. avatar GunDoc says:

It was probably the guy in the next cubicle over, Jim.

All you Bloomturd-paid schtrolls sound alike after awhile.

Might I suggest you go elsewhere and work on kicking that oxygen habit?

1. avatar Jim says:

I get $.47 per post I make, keep replying so I get rich! I need that Bloomberg money yo!

1. avatar DamDoc says:

first honest thing ive heard out of you!

2. avatar joetast says:

Are they post oak or hedge post? Please no pine

5. avatar Bkbear13 says:

Jim. Make sure to have that plexiglas porthole to replace your navel as your head is so far up your own ass it’s the only way for you to see where your going.
      Dana is a Tough smart lady who strongly defends out 2A Rights.

3. avatar W says:

SNL may be committing the worst sin, being unfunny.

More seriously, suppose your wife or aging mother has to defend herself. How many fewer bullets would you like her to have? As a side note, remember Senator Ted Kennedy’s bodyguard? 146 rounds of ammo, on his person.

1. avatar Ing says:

That’s what really burns my biscuit. They’re supposed to be entertainers, but they no longer entertain. They’ve abandoned the hard work of making everyone laugh and taken the cheap route of currying favor from their own in-group by snarking at the proles from on high.

2. avatar kenneth says:

That’s what always happens when ‘entertainers’ turn into ideologues. Ideology is never funny. Correct, incorrect, sad maybe, necessary certainly, but never funny.
      This is what happened to Jon Stewart at the Daily Show when he went all in on Obamacare. Not one funny bone to be seen after that. Then he retired and is now gone from the public eye. I wonder if he now thinks it was worth throwing away his career and reputation over….

1. avatar Justin Case says:

This is also what is happening with the NFL. They are suddenly realizing that all they are and always have been “entertainers” and we really don’t give a flying fluke WHAT their opinion is. STFU and throw the GD ball!

2. avatar ropingdown says:

The comics (SNL, Kimmel, others) have started to remind me of the Union of Soviet Writers, of whom Solzhenitsyn said (and I loosely quote and translate), “it is the first union of writers in history voluntarily bound strictly to the cause of glorifying the barbarity of a police state devoted to the advancement of slavery.”

4. avatar JR Pollock says:

She’s a raven-haired badger. I think she’s great.

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“She’s a raven-haired badger.”

Yeah, I’d like to tame her shrew…

(Honey badger don’t care!)

5. avatar Ing says:

Crap like this SNL sketch is exactly why I no longer watch any of the entertainment establishment’s trained monkey poop-flingers.

If I do decide something they’ve done is likely to be entertaining, I’ll find a pirated version or at the very least lock out ads and scripts (Adblock & Scriptblock extensions) so as to subtract my tiny portion from their revenue stream. I can’t stop them, but I sure as hell don’t have to support them.

6. avatar st381183 says:

How is this for funny SNL?

Flashback Paul Harvey on Guns; “Are you considering backing gun control laws? They have come for your fireworks, your meat, your milk, your 16 oz drinks, etc etc. Do you think that because you may not own a gun, the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment don’t matter?
    CONSIDER:
    In 1929 the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million “educated” people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    That places total victims who lost their lives because of gun control at approximately 56 million in the last century. Since we should learn from the mistakes of history, the next time someone talks in favor of gun control, find out which group of citizens they wish to have exterminated”.
    Since gun owners in Australia were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed, a program costing the government more than $500 million dollars. The results Australia-wide; Homicides are up 3.2%; Assaults are up 8%; Armed robberies are up 44%; In that country’s state of Victoria, homicides with firearms are up 300%. [Hillary says she wants to do what Australia did]
    Over the previous 25 years, figures show a steady decrease in armed robberies and Australian politicians are on the spot and at a loss to explain how no improvement in “safety” has been observed after such monumental effort and expense was successfully expended in “ridding society of guns.”
    It’s time to state it plainly; Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws only affect the law-abiding citizens.”
    Be very afraid US citizen, be very afraid.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Reminds me of two things:

Paul Harvey also said, “The unarmed man will eventually find himself at the mercy of men with no mercy.”

and regarding: “…gun owners in Australia were forced to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed, a program costing the government more than $500 million dollars….” In Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when followed by professional trackers Butch comments, “If they paid ME the $50,000 I’d stop robbing them!”

7. avatar Curtis in IL says:

Dana is awesome.

8. avatar AndyinMA says:

Can’t have 47 of anything? Is he going to take Leno’s cars away? Just wait until he sees what the libraries are hoarding!

9. avatar Timaeo Theos says:

Tell them they cant have 47 grams of weed and watch them blow a fuse.

1. avatar SouthAl says:

Thanks. Gave me a good chuckle.

10. avatar Gov. William J Le Petomane says:

‘No one should own 47 of anything.’

Well then, time to ban playing cards. There’s 54 in a pack!

1. avatar Jonathan-Houston says:

I’m sure there’s more than 47 grams of blow lined up at the typical SNL after-show party. Maybe the government should bust down a back stage door and seize that, without warning, without warrant, but with a full SWAT team?

How quickly would these unfunny, loudmouthed libertines suddenly become constitutional originalists? “What part of ‘unreasonable searches and seizures’ does the government not understand!!!”, they’d scream.

11. avatar William Ashbless says:

Isn’t there a ban on 47 ounce sodas in that godforsaken cesspit? And no, you can own 47 cats if you want. Owning 47 cats and allowing them to starve to death is an entirely different matter.
    These daft idiots have no idea of how middle america actually thinks or maybe sees thing differently from their own ‘superior’ views.

1. avatar Snatchums says:

There is nothing inherently wrong with having 47 cats anyway. Much like with the guns it’s all about responsibility, ranchers can have hundreds if not thousands of animals under their care.

Don’t be a f*ktard and everything will be just fine.

12. avatar matt says:

This is exactly why we need a strong conservative network. To counter and ridicule these morons daily. What little we have now is too hodgepodge. I was hoping Trump Jr would follow through.
    Timaeo Theos….your comment is spot on and funny!

13. avatar Wiregrass says:

Then maybe it’s about time we kicked 10 states out of the union.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Those states have already left, they just don’t want to admit it. It’s like when grandpa dies and you don’t tell Social Security because then the government checks stop coming every month.

14. avatar former water walker says:

Oddly enough I did watch the 1st half hour of SNL. ‘Cause I like Gal Godat. It was laugh out loud funny with zero Trump(or gun) bashing. I never watch the weekend update BS. It ended after Dennis Miller left. I believe SNL gets their marching orders from NBC. And I LOVE Dana😆

15. avatar TheOtherDavid says:

And I especially appreciate that, once again, they feel the need to introduce penis length and inadequacy into the firearms debate. They do obsess about genitals an awful lot. Dildos in this skit as well. Interesting they did that, and then had Justice Ginsberg performing a lap dance.

Talk about something that can’t be unseen….

16. avatar pliablemoose says:

For SNL to ignore the Harvey Weinstein scandal and go after guns instead says a lot, I used to enjoy SNL, after Baldwin started doing Trump, I can’t stand the show. It used to be funny and take shots at both sides now it’s just another anti Trump, liberal talking points low hanging fruit show. Watch the ratings tank.

17. avatar Curtis in IL says:

I used to own more than 47 cows. They’re easier to herd than cats, and they give more milk. There were some cats on the farm, too, but they pretty much had to fend for themselves on mice and birds.

I have nothing against cat owners, other than the fact that they tend to be insane.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

I am offended by that!

My cat may be narcissistic and egotistical, but he is NOT insane.

1. avatar Weskvyvet says:

I’ll admit mine is an emotionless psychopath but only when it comes to squirrels, crawdads, and the laser dot my bore sighter puts on the wall.

2. avatar BLoving says:

Ferrets are better.
      Insane, yes, but you’d never notice since they sleep eighteen hours a day anyway…
      Wait, no… you will notice the damage they did, but by then they’re back to sleep.

3. avatar D.O. from CO says:

Wait… You mean to tell me you are getting more milk from your cows than your cats? I’m calling BS

4. avatar joetast says:

LOL , memories, Sis and I started bringing cats in the house, Dad threw a fit,” them cats belong in the barn, quit feeding them damned cats, they eat rats.” Geez I miss that guy, and the old days. We never had a gun, he killed everything needed killing with a club and a dog, butchering cattle, he’d wack it in the head with a hammer. Grandpa had a single shot 22 and a 410, the 410 was the ” big” gun.

18. avatar ColoradoKid says:

SNL (and hollywood, liberals, blm, etc) would be totally beside themselves if the 1st amendment was threatened, especially since words have gotten more innocent people killed than guns ever will.

19. avatar MAGA says:

Speaking of liberal media, Youtube is getting increasingly obnoxious. I can’t watch a hickok45 video anymore without some anti-gun pig slop video popping up in the “suggested videos”, whether it’s SNL, Jimmy Kimmel, John Oliver, or The Young Turks.

However, I do find it therapeutic to give those vids a dislike, and then skip back to the video I was originally watching.

Youtube must know this is bad for business. Gun videos get millions of views and thousands of likes, and the demonetized gun channels are starting Patreon pages to stay open.

1. avatar Southern Cross says:

That’s odd. Every time I watch a Forgotten Weapons video, my suggestions are nothing but more gun videos.

20. avatar strych9 says:

“No one should own 47 of anything.”

Says the jackass who doesn’t know what a socket wrench is, never mind what a decent socket set looks like. Or maybe he should look up a screw and nut driver set online. Or perhaps buy a box of spare fuses. Or… well… forget it. He’s an idiot.

Also, Karate? Brah, it’s not 1985 anymore.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

And because when you’re 65 and your knees are blown from a lifetime of work karate is just SO EFFECTIVE against a gang-banger with a stolen Glock 19.

21. avatar Shire-man says:

I guess they’re trying to push away the last 100 people who still watch television. All the jokes are long gone and it’s “stay up late and cut yourself with us.”

I know one person who still watches late shows and TV in general. She’s a miserable person who’s always breaking down crying over nothing at all and throws fits over pop culture news.

22. avatar CalGunsMD says:

“…a larger debate In America between people who understand reality and want freedom and people who are wrong.”

There. I fixed it for ya.

23. avatar Frank in VA says:

I’m trying to remember the last time I watched SNL. It was when Chris Farley was still on.

24. avatar Micah says:

“If you can’t hit what you’re shooting with six bullets, then you don’t need to be shooting at it.” So police officers should only get six bullets then? I hear they’re all really great marksmen…

25. avatar Keystone says:

“Nobody should own 47 of anything”

I wonder how many women and children Mr. Weinstein abused and raped over the years. Sadly I suspect it’s more than 47.

But these hacks in Hollywood and Late Night TV won’t utter a peep about that story though, will they?

26. avatar Chris T in KY says:

Dana Leosch is doing just fine. (Smile) To the Left its very politically incorrect for a white woman in the media to say these things.
    Thats the real reason why she gets under their skin.

27. avatar ozzallos says:

“Learn karate or use your words…”
    We didn’t learn a damn thing from the dark ages and imperial Europe, did we?

1. avatar ozzallos says:

…And I wonder if there was more than 47 violent looters in the Ferguson/St Louis/Korea Town riots? I mean, just a thought exercise. Not that those actually happened.

28. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

SNL= “Stupid Nutjob Liberals.”

29. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

Doesn’t Jay Leno own 47+ cars…He must be “crazy”! The Government has to step in and take them all away under force of arms!

30. avatar joetast says:

I like the smell of Hoppes #9 , an I’m glad the “old lady” left, all she did was bitch about how it smelled, and my demeanor, she didn’t realize the more she bitched dah meaner I got.

31. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

OMG! I’m NOT a firearms owner…But, I have at least 47-styles of spices and seasonings ! I must be crazy! Should that elicit an armed government response to forcefully take away my excessive spice rack !?

32. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

OMG! Wait a minute! I have over 100+ blu-rays, and DvDs in my movie collection…Would that require an armed government intervention like SNL said?!? What about PC software and PC games!?!? On, no ! Mr. Bill !

33. avatar Aaron M. Walker says:

Hold it! I guess everyone must be CRAZY! I bet you all own more than one pair of pants. How many socks are to much…? What about underwear ?!?.What’s the right draw count ?!?! What about shoes, boots, or sneakers…? Someone call SNL for clarification!

34. avatar zuwet says:

likÈ ÈlÈĀnor iΜpliÈD I ĀΜ inŚpirÈD thĀt ĀnyboDy cĀn gÈt pĀiD $9852 in onÈ Μonth on thÈ intÈrnÈt. hĀvÈ you rÈĀD thiŚ wÈb ŚitÈ
    ╚═►╚═► ╚═►╚═►❥❥❥❥www.jobpost9.com

1. avatar armed partisan says:

I AM SPAMBOT. PLEASE LOOK AT MY ONES AND ZEROS. $#$#$#$#$#

35. avatar Adam says:

It’s below Dana to even comment on this comedy sketch.

SNL stinks now so they are just trying to rip off successful liberal shows like Daily Show and John Oliver in hopes that they can rebuild their youth audience as opposed to smug baby boomer progressives that think they are still hip by watching SNL.

1. avatar armed partisan says:

Dana Loesch probably has a bigger audience than does SNL by this point. When was the last time you heard someone quote an SNL skit in pop culture? Dana has a popular talk-radio show, and is basically the face of the NRA; people know her before they know Wayne La Pierre or Chris Cox.

36. avatar Will says:

Nobody should own 47 of anything? Ummm…. how many women have now been offended when it comes to how many pairs of shoes? How many spoon collectors? How many others?

These comedians are going to hang their careers if they’re not careful. Tragedy isn’t comedy, nor is it comedy material.

37. avatar pg2 says:

SNL hasn’t been funny for decades, what gives? Who is the audience? Do they really have one?

38. avatar Matthew Groom says:

SNL apparently believes that anyone who owns 47 books, or 47 CDs, or 47 Blu-Rays, or 47 articles of clothing to be the equivalent of “…a crazy cat lady” or a mass-murderer (like Joseph Stalin, or Mao Zedong who they seem to admire.) “WHAT? WHY DO YOU OWN 47 ARTICLES OF CLOTHING?! HOW MANY PAIRS OF PANTS AND SHIRTS CAN YOU WEAR AT ONCE?! HOW MANY COMBINATIONS OF CLOTHING COULD YOU POSSIBLY NEED? YOU’RE JUST ROBBING THE POOR OF THEIR ABILITY TO WEAR CLOTHES!!!!”

39. avatar IAmNotTheHulk says:

Christ, most women I know have hundreds of pairs of shoes…

Dana you go girl!

Shall not be infringed.

40. avatar gp says:

Che says: only one gun and six bullets allowed per person.

That wouldn’t solve the “gun violence” problem in Rockford, IL.

Most of the thugs who terrorize us daily here, with robberies, carjackings, street gunfights, and home invasions … THOSE guys I’m sure have very few guns and bullets apiece. Some of them have unloaded guns, some have non-functioning guns, some even have only toys and replicas.

It doesn’t matter how many bullets a guy has, he can still be a lethal daily menace to society, if he chooses to be. I’d like Che to come here to Rust Belt War Zone and try that joke on some of our gangstas. Of he could come tell it to all our dead and wounded. He’s such a funny guy. Stupid as a post too.