This Bulletproof Backpack Has a Hidden Feature

TAOFLEDERMAUS is at it again, and he’s showing us a cool feature to this bulletproof backpack. It seems perfectly functional for a student or professional to carry, and it’s really awesome to see it instantly turn into a legitimate source of body protection.

Nothing’s a guarantee, but with this thing covering your vitals, you’re increasing your odds, to say the least.

comments

1. avatar PROUD chicano says:

Good luck deploying that when your stress levels are sky high.

1. avatar Ed says:

I think the point is to try and deploy before the shooter gets to you. Im sure a few practice runs would do wonders. I’d buy one as long as my sub2K fits inside.

1. avatar Mike Myers says:

I bet a 9mm AR pistol with a LAW Tactical folding stock adapter and a DOLOS quick detach barrel would fit nicely.

I’m trying talk myself into building a $1000 backpack AR pistol…..

Plus a $500 backpack to carry it in.

Then the most valuable thing I carry every day would be the backpack and pistol.

LOL

2. avatar Madcapp says:

Spelling Gregg using the letter “g” 3 times is extravagant and unnecessary.

2. avatar ArizonaRanger says:

Auto-play videos, showing someone else’s content are at it again, and they’re showing us why this site is going downhill.

1. avatar joe3 says:

Even worse, since the link-source isn’t youtube, we can’t speed up the video and have to listen to these guys drone on and on…

2. avatar Betty Beagle says:

Rasis.

3. avatar MeRp says:

IIIA… seems pointless; this is for wearing at school, right? to defend against (extremely, extremely rare) mass shootings? Most of those are done with some sort of rifle (only one I can think of was with a shotgun)…. which will zip right through IIIA armor.

I suppose you could use this at school then deploy it before walking home to defend against gang bangers or something. But, of course, you could just get a concealable IIIA vest and wear it the whole time… maybe this would be more comfortable during the day or something?

4. avatar Vinny says:

??? Would officers see this setup as a threat??? Hope not.

1. avatar Mike Myers says:

Not until you deployed it, I guess. But I suppose you could walk around every day with the vest deployed. You’d get some looks and maybe questioned, but if you’re OK with that……

5. avatar Frank says:

Not the first, and too slow. There are much faster versions of this product that pull over your head, and hold your gun:

1. avatar Coffee Addict says:

ha! that’s my friend Dimitri!

6. avatar Mike Betts says:

Is there a version which will look reasonable on a septuagenarian who isn’t an aging hippie? How about one for someone wearing a business suit or just common, everyday casual attire? No? I didn’t think so.

1. avatar Snatchums says:

You can get sport jackets with armor lining in them, would that work?

1. avatar Mike Betts says:

I guess it would. I was asking for a friend. Since I retired, anybody seeing me wearing a tie is welcome to strangle me with it.