Following on the release of their impressive M2.0 duty-sized M&P pistols (read our review here), you had to know the next logical step would be to roll out compact, more easily concealed versions. Well Brownells is already showing the guns for sale:
And our friends at Ammoland got a look, too . . .
Smith & Wesson has a new line of compact pistols coming out and we are getting early glimpse at the details.
It is a G19 sized handgun called the Smith & Wesson M&P2.0 Pistol with an included 4” barrel and holds a 15 round magazine in 9mm (13 rounds in .40S&W). Available in both 9mm and 40 S&W with ambidextrous manual thumb safety with four interchangeable palmswell grips included.
Smith & Wesson M&P2.0 Compact Pistol
The next logical step after Smith’s duty-sized M2.0 M&P pistols was, of course, compact carry versions (see our review here) . Now they’re here. Or will be soon. Our friends at Ammoland have the details:
All of the M&P M2.0 Compact pistols include the following features:
• Compact-size frame with accessory rail.
• New, 4” Barrel Length
• New, light, crisp M2.0™ trigger pull.
• Positive tactile and audible trigger reset.
• Aggressive grip texture for enhanced control.
• Four interchangeable palmswell grips for optimal hand fit and trigger reach – S, M, ML, L.
• Low bore axis reduces perceived recoil making the M&P M2.0 pistol comfortable to shoot.
• Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim.
• Extended rigid stainless steel chassis to reduce fl ex when fi ring.
• Striker-fired action.
• Visual inspection port loaded chamber indicator.
• Each pistol comes with 2 magazines.
• Stainless steel slide and barrel with durable Armornite® corrosion-resistant finish.
When we get more details on the Smith & Wesson M&P2.0 Pistol, we will update them here.