Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Scott

Scott totes his Kimber Micro 9 in an Old Faithful IWB rig. See all of his gear at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar Gris says:

Idk if i get the zipper pouch… How long is that going to take to get to your light, or that less lethat pen thing. Cant think of the name of it currently.

1. avatar ArizonaRanger says:

I carry my first aid kit (tourniquet, quick clot, etc.) in a pouch just like that, in my cargo pocket. They unzip quickly, are easy to access, and keep everything organized. And that “less lethal pen thing” is just a pen, I don’t think that speed is of much concern when it comes to writing utensils.

2. avatar Freeheel says:

A $700 jam-o-matic for EDC? No thanks.

1. avatar Binder says:

You are thinking the Solo, not the micro-9

3. avatar Freeheel says:

No. My Micro 9 jammed, FTF, FTE from the very first magazine. Put 500+ rounds through it with tons of problems Changed ammo, changed magazines, changed grip position, changed shooters, still same problems. about 40-45 failures in those 500+ rounds. Sent it back to Kimber twice. They got the failures down to about 1 in 40 rounds over the next 250 or so rounds. Way too many failures for EDC and an expensive single stack 9. Plenty of other disatisfied Micro 9 owners out there just google. Never owned a Solo so only have looked briefly at the problems with it online. I own an ~8 year old Kimber Pro-Carry that has worked flawlessly since round 1. That’s why I was fired up about buying the Micro 9. I have now sold the Micro 9 and have no regrets about it.

4. avatar Docduracoat says:

Micro 9
    Kimbers 1911 style compact pistol
    Looks like it has the black button to activate the crimson trace laser grips
    And a spare magazine
    That is a big holster for a pocket pistol!

1. avatar Robb says:

My thought too.

Never understood the mentality of carrying a subcompact weapon in one of those hybrid holster that’s bigger than the gun.