Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: John

John, who works in law enforcement in my home town of St. Louis, says these are his “essentials for exploring a city with a less than favorable crime rate.” The FNS-9c is certainly a good choice. See all of his gear at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar G says:

A cop with brass knuckles and a flask? There no way this guy doesn’t violate peoples rights.

1. avatar jwm says:

So, you’re a non drinker and you fight fair?

2. avatar -Peter says:

Maybe he’s hoping to land his own series on FX.

2. avatar PeterK says:

I don’t usually give these a second glance, but the brass knuckles caught my eye.

Interesting set of kit.

3. avatar Hoodlum says:

Yeah law enforcement carrying brass knuckles and a flask. Maybe a rent a cop at best.

4. avatar Larry says:

Ha, the flask and knucks don’t surprise me, in fact I find it refreshingly honest . The lack of a badge wallet makes me wonder though .

5. avatar Eddie in Naw Kerlina says:

1. avatar Geoff PR says:

“Pretty sure that if you’re found to have alcohol in your system after a DGU, you’re prob not going to be released uncharged.”

It depends on the jurisdiction.

The rules can vary from *any* alcohol present to as long as below the legal limit.

None at all is your safest bet, so know your local laws…

6. avatar jmen says:

the flask is for after you get in trouble….

7. avatar Spartan357 says:

Is it….? It can’t be…?

Gecko45?????

1. avatar Rifleman762 says:

No, he carried “practical tactical” Glocks in .357Sig…

2. avatar Dale says:

Bwahahahahahaha….
      That brought a huge laugh and smile to my face. Had to go back and read that amazing piece of internet history. That thread created more funny internet gun lingo than any one place. You, Spartan357, have won the internet today with that reference.

8. avatar Halifax says:

I don’t care about anything else but if he really does carry those knuckles there is nearly a zero percent chance he will ever have enough time to bring them to bear.

9. avatar TheOneWhoLaughsAtLiberals says:

More often than ever, I’m amazed of how presumptive people can be. If rope was included, would it imply an intention to hang someone. Of course not. That’s silly. Ever been pursued by an aggressive dog? Ever tried breaking a car window to rescue an occupant? It’s not the tool, it’s the user of the tool. And if any tool user uses his tool to be a tool, then he’ll be dealt with like a tool.