Everyday Carry Pocket Dump of the Day: Dom C

Now there’s a wheel gun you don’t see every day. No, that’s not a J-frame, that’s an EAA Windicator that Dom’s toting in his Barsony IWB. See all of his gear at Everyday Carry . . .

comments

1. avatar strych9 says:

When I see pen knives I wonder if the person actually uses quill pens. It would be pretty cool if they did.

1. avatar jwm says:

My grandfather carried a knife just like that when I was a kid. I still have it in my upstairs safe. His was a Buck. The old timers never were without their pocket knives, especially country folk like us. Both my grandmothers carried a small knife with them every where.

I’ve seen more than one deer gutted and field dressed with a knife like that. 90% of my grandfather’s knife usage was centered around his pipe. He cleaned out the bowl with the small blade and tamped a new load of tobacco in with the folded knife.

I don’t know about quill pens. But I’ve seen lots of pencils sharpened with these knives.

1. avatar strych9 says:

Those tiny two bladed knives are called “pen knives” because they were originally meant to sharpen your quill pen. A quality one came with a nice sharpener because they had to be razor sharp to rework a pen tip without making the tip worse.

That one is too big to be a “pen knife” I underestimated it’s size on the first glance.

1. avatar jwm says:

EDC one knife is good. If you live in town. But when I’m hunting, fishing, gold panning, boon docking, etc. I carry 2 knives. One large, one small. One knife just doesn’t do all jobs.

2. avatar Hoplopfheil says:

See, I didn’t even know what the hell a pen-knife was.

But I do not like tools or knives with extraneous bits. If you ever catch me in public with a multitool that has a corkscrew, I want you to slap it right outta my hands.

2. avatar BLoving says:

Not one, but TWO speedloaders.
    What a positive-thinking optimist you are, I like you already.

3. avatar Joel says:

I have a friend who bought one of those. It was a solid gun. And I mean solid. I would think it makes a better truck gun that pocket gun.

4. avatar Ben says:

I impulse purchased the 4 inch variant for about $250 and it shoots strait and has had no problems. Put about 1000 Rounds of mixed grab back of .38 and .357 through it.